rainbowcat15
SirHarrison0

The humanitarian crisis in Syria - should Australia take more refugees?

rainbowcat15 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

rainbowcat15

Pro

I have an oral presentation on this topic and I am a little bit stuck. I know that I am for the topic, however I do not have any points
What do you think - should Australia let them in?
SirHarrison0

Con

STARTER ARGUEMENT
I personally think that refugees coming from the middle east shouldn't be allowed in without extreme vetting. Reason being that we've seen basically the downfall of the european union because of this crisis. its caused mass terrorist attacks from majority islamic countries. Australia is a different subject than the EU. australia has a diverse country of southern asians and whites. now look at what these refugees are coming from and tell me how their views on life are different than the australians, They are quite opposite.

Why can't countries like Pakistan or iraq or saudi arabia or palastine or turkey take in more refugees? why would a group of people thats values are different than europe or the western world come to European countries and be expected to act civil in our terms?

in simple terms, middle eastern countries should be taking in all the refugees they can before europe or asia even thinks about taking in refugees.

In America the UK and Australia tons of veterans are homeless or simply discriminated against because of mental disorders caused by war and other factors. we should be taking care of our own people before we take care of other people who aren't even citizens yet.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
Why don't we all just put refugees in random places instead of the nearest safe countries with similar culture and language? For example, let's say a drug war breaks out in Mexico and it creates a million refugees. Instead of America taking them in, Mexican refugees should be sent to India, Sweden and Egypt. That way the whole world benefits!
Posted by SirHarrison0 1 year ago
SirHarrison0
i'll accept this on the basis of Australia shouldn't accept more refugees.