princeswaqq
smartyskirt

The idea of a Perfect society

princeswaqq

Pro

There will never be a perfect society, no matter how much people try to make the world a better place.
smartyskirt

Con

This is my 1st debate. Hope its a good one.
princeswaqq

Pro

This is my first debate too, so good luck to both of us. : )
But back to the main point, there will be never be perfect society because the word "perfect" can so many meanings. Does it mean every one has good luck and there is no such diesease or famine? Or does it mean that you get what you want and every you hate suffers? Even if you establish what a perfect society is, think about how people are racist,sexist, or homophobic. Around 38% percent of the american population are homophobic, and even though caucasians are the bread and butter of the United States, there are still white supremacy groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and the Aryan Nations. Just those 2 facts alone can keep the United States from perfection and there are so many others that just like them. Even though America tries to deny it and say only a few people are racist or homophobic, its the one of the most hate-filled countries in the world and always will be.
smartyskirt

Con

Looks like this should have gone in the forum section.
I do not see any argument proving that a perfect society cannot exist.
The only argument provided is that America is currently not a perfect society.
princeswaqq

Pro

Sorry if this debate was disappointing to you.

But you haven't really put down any argument at all either. You just criticized my argument, and that's its. No facts, no disagreeing with me, not even one sentence about why you're statement is any better. As for saying a perfect society can exist, ask three different people you know if they think the world is perfect ;or if there country is perfect; or even their neighborhood. In order for something to be perfect, every one has to think its perfect or else its blemished. It doesn't matter who tries to better the world nor if someone tries to worsen it, every city, state, province, country, village, and territory will have some sort of problem, doesn't matter if its humongous or microscopic, and that stops it from being perfect.
smartyskirt

Con

smartyskirt forfeited this round.
Posted by drafterman 5 years ago
drafterman
I'd like to take a stab at this, but I'd need something of an explanation of what you mean by "perfect." I'm not interested in a semantic debate right now.
Posted by Debater17 5 years ago
Debater17
Do you mean:
1. There's a perfect society conceptually
2. Human society will be able to reach the state of perfectness
Which one? Sorry my english isn't perfect, I hope you understand what I mean though
Posted by Crede 5 years ago
Crede
Kinda doesn't work if perfection is subjective though isn't it...then we can have perfect societies.
Posted by shimmelman 5 years ago
shimmelman
This is a really obvious statement, and something nobody except a complete fool would dispute. I'm afraid you'll have to pick a more engaging topic for debate if you want to get any interesting discussions going
Posted by CAPLlock 5 years ago
CAPLlock
Ah. Yes.
Posted by princeswaqq 5 years ago
princeswaqq
thank you mikeee for explaining
Posted by Mikeee 5 years ago
Mikeee
Pro = There will never be a perfect society, no matter how much people try to make the world a better place. IS A TRUE STATEMENT

Con = There will never be a perfect society, no matter how much people try to make the world a better place. IS A FALSE STATEMENT
Posted by CAPLlock 5 years ago
CAPLlock
I think he is con
Posted by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
so your pro perfect society?