QandA
Scrivener

The idea of god and the teachings of religion are superstitious and show discrimination and cruelty

QandA

Pro

Religion is a basis for unfairness, discrimination, and is allegedly led by who I believe to be an unjust, cruel superstitious figure who cannot boast for a shred of evidence to back up his existence
Scrivener

Con

Without GOD, we would be without hope, life and love. He loved us so much he gave his only son, Jesus. He gave us a way of life and rules, so we can find him in Paradise.
QandA

Pro

"without god, we would be without hope, life and love"

I'm an atheist. I live my life as if there is no god yet I am full of hope for the future. I try to live my life to the fullest and I give out a lot of love to my brothers and sisters. I did not adopt these traits from religion I learned them from experiencing life. To say that there would be none of this without god is saying that humans on their own are incapable of such actions. What a horrible religious based idea that is. To say that we are merely just puppets who are controlled and owned by an almighty figure who can do what he pleases with us. If what your saying is true then could it be argued that without God there'd be no pain, suffering and hardship to?

"He loved us so much he gave his only son Jesus"

Before Jesus's time man existed for millions of years but does that mean that God didn't love those? One day he decided to plant a seed in the middle east instead of at the dawn of man? How cruel and unjust is that towards the men before that time.
If God loved us so much then surely HE would have died for us. Imagine sacrificing your own son, making him do your dirty work, instead of honourably taking the heat himself. We would scorn at that type of thing today but it's suddenly ok because god can do what he wants?

"He gave us a way of life and rules so we can find him in paradise"

And what would this way of life and rules be? Killing homosexuals, hating your family and stoning people for petty crimes? These are all bible based notions which is supposedly the word of God. I don't think I'd want to follow such scandalous rules. And for the small chance that God is real and I meet him in "paradise" I will have strong words with him, I tell you that much
Scrivener

Con

Pineapple
QandA

Pro

If you're not going to take this seriously then there's no point continuing
Scrivener

Con

I don't think I can convince you that GOD is real, can I? Did He not give life?
QandA

Pro

Did he? You tell me. That is the purpose of this debate, to try and make solid points for our beliefs or lack of beliefs in my case. I have made my points, if you want to argue them do if you don't then don't.
Scrivener

Con

Be grateful! He gave you life!
QandA

Pro

I have shown why I don't believe he gave us life and that his teachings are warped.
Posted by brant.merrell 3 years ago
brant.merrell
Wow, my sympathies to Pro. This is pathetic.
Posted by O.Z 3 years ago
O.Z
QandA, if you would like a serious debate about this, then challenge me to this one. I will do my best to argue and may the best man win.
Posted by QandA 3 years ago
QandA
Funny guy
Posted by KMKelleher 3 years ago
KMKelleher
Find me when you're done and we can debate re: color of sky. blue?