coolshady10
WriterSelbe

The ideas behing hunger games are wrong

coolshady10

Pro

the hunger games takes a horrable situation and sais that it is ok to kill people when you need to survive, killing people is never ok
WriterSelbe

Con

The ideas behind the Hunger Games are not morally wrong. The Hunger Games exhibits how oppressive behavior in a government system is wrong and can lead to immoral ceremonies or methods of further oppression. The Hunger Games does not state it is all right to kill. It states that oppressive government systems can eventually force you to engage in immoral behavior.
coolshady10

Pro

I can understand that, but the government would not be like that in real life and once again, KILLING PEOPLE IS NEVER RIGHT even if the government sais so.
WriterSelbe

Con

Firstly, my opponent offers no proof that something catastrophic like the Hunger Games wouldn't happen in real life, which doesn't necessarily help her case because whether or not I prove it could happen, it doesn't impact my case. An instance of something similar to the Hunger Games in its awfulness is the Holocaust. It could happen, thus the book the Hunger Games is a learning book.

The book is not saying that killing is ok. The book is saying that the government can try to force you to endorse something wrong to oppress you. The book never states that killing is ok, so that argument is void.
coolshady10

Pro

I lose *blush* you have made some convincing arguments so I forfit. thanks for taking the debate.
coolshady10

Pro

I actually haven't seen the movie. LOL
WriterSelbe

Con

Heh, oh well.
coolshady10

Pro

I realoly thought i knew more about this :(
WriterSelbe

Con

WriterSelbe forfeited this round.
Posted by coolshady10 5 years ago
coolshady10
both
Posted by WriterSelbe 5 years ago
WriterSelbe
Are you talking about the books or the actual Hunger Games??
Posted by bossyburrito 5 years ago
bossyburrito
Is this topic about the books, or the actual ceremony?