Sampatriot
Avamys

The international community should provide more concrete support to French intervention in Mali.

Started: 1/23/2013 Category: News

Sampatriot

Pro

France intervention in Mali was justified in a case of dangerous islamist incursions in the north part of the country and the developpement of aqmi in the region. French troops are doing a good job with the support of African troops. But other NATO countries should provide more money and troops, because the issue of terrorism concern all of us
Avamys

Con

Yes, I accept your challenge. What are the rules for this debate?

Meanwhile, here are my arguments:

1. As the topic says, French "intervention". Mali is not a part of France, so there is no good reason for sending troops there. True, we should work together to achieve world peace, but does the French army really need international support? The French army is equipped with the newest weapons and most recently updated technology. Sending more troops there from other countries will only add to the confusion.

2. When countries send armies to other countries, they don't really do it for a good purpose. some do it to paint a nice image of "world peace protector" and some do it to gain things such as minerals and oil fields. Sending more armies also increases the death toll. They will be secretly battling against each other for the oil fields and minerals.

3. As said in argument 1, Mali is not a part of France. There is no obligation and the French is not duty bound to send troops. Intervention in other countries cause domestic problems, such as America's intervention in territory disputes between China and Japan which caused the relationship between China and America to deteriorate. This does not make a harmonious and peaceful world.
Sampatriot

Pro

Sampatriot forfeited this round.
Avamys

Con

I hope you do not forfeit the next round.

I would like to elaborate some more. True, terrorists are potentially a threat to the whole world. But does it mean the French need reinforces? The American troops are already there, and America has the world's most developed military technologies, with advanced fighter jets and aircraft carriers. Terrorists does not mean that we need a full-scale war. War causes causalities, confusion and property loss. It breaks families apart and loosen the ties between friends.
Sampatriot

Pro

Sampatriot forfeited this round.
Avamys

Con

Seeing that you forfeited this round again, I do not know if you are taking this seriously.
Sampatriot

Pro

Sampatriot forfeited this round.
Avamys

Con

You forfeited the last round, if you really want to debate start it again.
Posted by Avamys 4 years ago
Avamys
Sure, whenever you want, but just make sure you do not forfeit.
Posted by Sampatriot 4 years ago
Sampatriot
I am really sorry I fucked it up with this debate. I had a lot of work because of exam period, and I didn't go to debate.org. Sorry because it was an interessting topic. When I have the time I'll start this debate again. I don't think it is very useful to vote