MeiTing6
Jocelyn7

The internet does more harm than good . Do you argee ?

Jocelyn7
Started: 7/20/2014 Category: Technology

MeiTing6

Pro

I agree with the sentence. Now a days more people addicted to internet. For example playing games, they can play for the whole day and also could be cyber bullied or even get scam by other people.
Jocelyn7

Con

I do not agree as the Internet has brought a lot of good to people. It allows people to learn regardless of age.
It helped quite a number of students, teenagers, adults and elderly to help them with their studies, their work projects and lets the elderly listen to the songs that may or may not be available in CD or DVD stores.
MeiTing6

Pro

Though internet brought to people convenience , but some people such as under-aged teenagers tend to go to illegal websites which is strictly prohibited, without the guidience of parents. Thus internet also brings harm .
Jocelyn7

Con

The parents could sometimes check their browser history on where they went unless the under-aged teenagers deleted it. The parents could also call a specific number and ask the person on the phone to block that website on their computer so that their child may not go back to that website. This can be prevented from happening.
MeiTing6

Pro

but not all parents will check their child computer due to their busy scheldue .Thus, some children will tend to misuse the privilege using computer when their parents are not around.
Jocelyn7

Con

You've got a point but the parents would advise them not to go to those websites that are not appropriate for them before hand. Some parents are stay at home while their other half works. So they could monitor them or either that, they could install CCTV even though it's "invading" their privacy but I think that the teenagers will know that what their parents are doing is actually for their own good.
Posted by 9spaceking 3 years ago
9spaceking
these debates look suspicious. What are the chances of 6 people debating 3 topics..in a row...within 3 mere minutes...whom have the same profile picture?
Vote Placed by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
MeiTing6Jocelyn7Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Well, there's not much to this debate. I'm never given a reason why playing games all day is harmful, or why addiction is harmful. Cyber bullying is certainly a harm, but I'm not given a reason why it's specifically worse than any other type of bullying. Scams are similarly a problem, but one Pro never shows to be worse than without the Internet. The last remaining harm is misuse of the Internet by minors to go onto unspecified illegal sites, which I don't know the harm of nor am I certain that the harm exists often enough to matter. So I look at Con's case. At least with his, I understand that the Internet provides unprecedented access to knowledge. I'm not sure what the benefit of song access is, but I can say that knowledge is important, and that the Internet specifically contributes to it. So I vote Con.