HenryTak
Some_Confused_Kid

The internet is better than the telescope.

Some_Confused_Kid has forfeited round #3.
Started: 11/30/2016 Category: TV
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

HenryTak

Pro

The Internet made the earth more better. Now we are able to communicate faster than usual. This is very important for our lives. For example when you need a very important letter send to a friend who lives 300 kilometers away, now we could send the letter very fast using the Internet.
However, the telescpe is made for people who studies about science. I think our lives is the thing we should think about first.
Some_Confused_Kid

Con

I think the telescope is more important then the Internet.The telescope helped scientist to discover Earth is not the center of the universe as believed in religions.Telescoped helped us discover the geography and weather of the planets like in our own solar system.Also the telescoped helped us discover the fundamentals of our own planet such as gravity.Without the telescope the scientific progress will be less accepted now.

https://www.nasa.gov...
HenryTak

Pro

You said the telescope is more better because it helped to discover things. However, people and our planet's discovery need to be more discovered faster than the discovery of space. Now, we have many problems of the earth. First, we need more energy. Second, we should have a discovery about polar bears to let them live in the North Pole while the ice are melting. My arguments showed that why I am the pro side of this debate.
Some_Confused_Kid

Con

The invention of telescope impacted society as a whole.Back a long time ago religion had a significant power.But thanks to the discovery of the telescoped that helped scientist see that Earth rotates around the sun.This has made people question religion and changed peoples belief.Telescopes too helped great scientist and great minds like Newton,Kepler,and Einstein provided inspiration for there formulas and laws that helped Society.By the way the telescoped initially was used for navigation and warfare.This helped navigators and captains sail there ship to new land like America,and Mexico.The Hubble telescope helped Scientist and finding the pieces of the puzzle.The Hubble telescope was use to help shed light on some of the great mysteries of the universe.Like how the universe is 13 to 14 billion years old.Another thing the Hubble telescope did was helping finding out dark energy.The Hubble Telescope also helped in show evolution of galaxies.These are just a handful of things the Hubble Telescope

http://www.geocities.ws...
http://hubblesite.org...
http://blog.handcraftednauticaldecor.com...
HenryTak

Pro

I want you to change your mind. Even we didn't know about the solar system and the fact that the earth is not in the center of the solar system, we wouldn't have big problems living, but we would have problems and it would be uncomfortable when the Internet wasn't invented. This is why I absolutely think the Internet is much better than the telescope.
Posted by Some_Confused_Kid 5 days ago
Some_Confused_Kid
Welp I forgot to right my argument xD
Posted by GrimlyF 1 week ago
GrimlyF
What you see through a telescope is real. What you see on the 'net can be anything but real.
Posted by BlargArgNarg 1 week ago
BlargArgNarg
The telescope was arguably a far more advanced discovery for the time period it was constructed.