girlgenius
thedebatekid

The life of a Celeberity

girlgenius

Pro

Well, I always wanted to be a calebrity when I was little and I still do today.
If you defeat me by giving me reasons why the life of a celebrity isn't totally glamorous....
Well, that is if you can beat me.
thedebatekid

Con

I accept the challenge. I will be fighting against the resolution stating that the life of a celebrity is completely glamourous.
girlgenius

Pro

Your Con, though. You know AGAINST?! My first reason why the life of a celeb is totally GLAM is because
It inspires children to fight for their dreams and desires.
You could bring total joy to even the unhappiest of fan just by one look.
The money you get can be donated to people who really need it.
BRING IT BUCKO!! :]
thedebatekid

Con

A celebrity is a person who works hard all of their life to become well known, and then wears dark glasses to avoid being recognized. This was stated by Fred Allen. It is because i agree with him that I stand firmly on the Negation side of the resolution stating: The life of a celebrity is totally glamourous.
There are four contentions that I will be using in todays debate; Downhill Spirals, Time Spent Traveling (sleep), and Attachment.

Contention One: Downhill Spirals

There are many types of celebrities. There are movie stars, singers, Tv Show host. There is a wide range of things you could use. Almost all of them have turmoil somewhere in there life. And as seen in this quote I saw in a movie once "No matter how big of a splash you make in this world; wether your Feldman, Frankie Muniz, Justin Bieber or a talking Teddy Bear, eventually NO ONE GIVES A S***.

Therefore at some point in there life all celebrities will go on a downhill spiral. Thus shoving them into a pit of dispare where no one loves them anymore. At this point in there life is when most famous people commit suicide, fall into drugs or end up pregnant. Therefore the life of a famous person is not all fun and games. There is lots to deal with later in your life.

Contention 2: Time Spent Traveling (sleep)

When you are a celeb you are bound to d some traveling. Singers have to go on tour, actors need to go to their sets in who knows where. Fact is when your a celeb theres no way out of it. With traveling there come loss of sleep. For example a singer. He needs to travel from Chicago, Illinois to Kansas City, Kansas. That right there is an 8 hour drive. Plenty of time to get to sleep right. WRONG. Before the concert at KC he (lets say it is a he) must talk with his clothes director for the outfits he going to wear on stage. Then talk to the band to decide what songs to play, then they stop and get some gas and snacks. They can't stop the bus so they keep going. All in all the singer is left with 4 hours to get some shut eye. But the anticipation of the concert keeps him up. In the end the celeb got 3 hours of sleep. He wakes up the next day exhausted. He has to do it all again tomorrow and the day after that. All because he has fans that want to hear him sing. Which brings me to my next contention.

Contention 3: Attachments

Now we have all seen on the news or somewhere on the internet of Justin Bieber. Hes the "handsome" boy that girls love and has "the voice of an angle". (I have a little sister.) Her sentence right there shows me a bit of over attachment. Anytime he did anything wrong, some girs were so attached that the cut there wrist. Making themselves bleed. They all thought that if I hurt myself then Justin will know. He will stop what he is doing because it is hurting his fans. It is because of the things celebrities do that make them bad. As you can see life as a celebrity is not all fun and games or "glamorous" as stated in the resolution.

I hope that you can see from my argument that the life of a celeb is not all glamour because of Downhill Spirals, Traveling and Sleep, and the Over-Attachments of Fans.

Vote Con in this debate.
girlgenius

Pro

girlgenius forfeited this round.
thedebatekid

Con

Extend argument.
Vote Con.
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
I know.
Posted by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
you should of posted this debate to the Unvoted, FF, and VB debates to get this debate voted on.
Posted by girlgenius 4 years ago
girlgenius
r yu online rite now?
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
I guess this means you forfeit? Or would you like to finish?
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
What u mean formal? Thats how it goes on here. You try your best to win a debate. That is unless its a troll debate, you may have considered this as such.
Posted by girlgenius 4 years ago
girlgenius
Dude, y r yu so o idk FORMAL?!
Posted by thedebatekid 4 years ago
thedebatekid
By the way, I belive i did state that i was against the resolution in the first round. Correct me if im wrong.