The mandela effect

BMyers has forfeited round #2.

The mandela effect is nothing but reverse psychology and people that fall for this is suckers and believe everything that they read

I accept - I am intrigued by this internet phenomenon so taking a debate challenge on this topic (regardless of side) gives me an excuse to dive into it and research it.

Sure - I'll take the Con - I also opt to use my R1 as an Acceptance and yield definitions for your R2 (if you don't put definitions for R2, I'll do it in mine - no big deal)

Good luck, and again - thank you for posting this challenge. I love to debate and look forward to this exchange of information!

I would first like to thank you for accepting my debate. I have posted a video that explains the Mandela effect. This video will explain the Mandela effect a lot better then I can because it gets really confusing. The basic concept behind the Mandela effect is that Cern or some higher power must of altered the time line and created several parallel universes (split reality's). People also claim that we are constantly switching between these parallel universes.

Now that we got the explanation out of the way, I will give you a few examples.
1. Many people remember there being being a black mark on Pikachu's tail, but if you take a closer look, Pikachu does not have a mark on his tail.
2. Everybody knows about JIFF peanut butter, many people remember it as Jiffy peanut butter.
3. Most people have heard or tried Coke Zero, people are surprised that the correct name is Coca-Cola Zero and that's what is says on the can/bottle.
4. Many people remember their being 51 or 52 States in America, not 50.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. Instead of looking for logical explanations as to why millions of people are experiencing the same vivid memories, people came up with the most complex theory possible. I became interested in the Mandela effect because I had answered a few questions incorrectly. Before I watched that video, I had come up with my own explanations that actually made a lot more sense. The reason why I never noticed the spelling of Coca-Cola Zero on the can is because I never paid attention, everyone I know calls it Coke Zero. When I was asked to recall how many states are in America, I said 50. I may have got the question right, but I wanted to say 52, I then went with my gut instinct. The reason why many people said 51 or 52 is because 50 is to perfect of a number, so its normal to say 51 or 52, that's just how the brain works. I was thrown for a complete loop when I discovered that Pikachu doesn't have a black mark on his tail, but this can also be explained. The reason why I remembered Pikachu's tail having a black mark is because it was suggested to me though (Power of Suggestion.) I then remembered Pikachu being all yellow and having no black spot in his tail. Research has shown that memories are highly susceptible to distortion through time and suggestion. People often hold strong vivid memories of these past events and they mistake them for real memories. The more time that passes by, the more distorted the memories get. The examples that I have listed above are easy to debunk, then people are quick to counter with examples that people can't explain or understand. People remember Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980's, but in reality Nelson did not die in prison, he passed away December 5th, 2013. This is what started the Mandela effect. Thousands of people shared similar vivid memories of him dying filled with news clips of his funeral, some writing that he did, and even a speech that his widow gave. People then found out only by talking to people that didn't have the same distorted memories they had. Another popular memory people had was the tank boy. The Tank boy was a protestor in China had went out and stood in front of a bunch of tanks protesting. Thousands of people remembered the Tank boy being run over by the tanks. They even remembered seeing his blood splattered everywhere. People that remembered those events clearly later discovered that he didn't die. I'm guessing they found out though natural conversation by friends and family members. The memories were so vivid and real, they didn't believe what they were being told (complete denial) until they replayed the video. When they saw that he didn't get run over by the tanks, they assumed that their memory must of been altered some how.

The fact that thousands and millions of people are experiencing the same vivid memories is very real and I'm not disputing that; The reasons and explanations for why people are having these memories and that's why its called the Mandala effect is nothing but utter phantasy and based on complete fiction.

Mandela effect test:

Mandela effect Website:
Posted by BMyers 6 months ago
I hope you forgive me - we just got our electricity back on from Hurricane Harvey. Down here in Bridge City, TX we are still flood-locked from anywhere else, but not that electricity has been restored, so has our hopes

Please repost this challenge and I will accept so we can resume this debate - Again, I am sorry for this inconvenience