Finalfan
walle_ras

The marijuana, evolution, gay marriage debate

walle_ras

Finalfan

Pro

I have been involved with 15 debates regarding these subjects. The reason I'm compelled to debate these topics is that I just don't get it... At all!!!! Marijuana should be legal, evolution should be recognized as the current prevailing predictive model, and homosexuals are at the mercy of mass homophobia! I'm not saying that these statements are infallible. They are simply my conclusion. I'm trying to open my mind to the counter arguments but they only to continue to baffle me.

This will not be a typical debate. These subjects can not be properly argued without first understanding the concepts themselves. I would ask that my opponent acknowledges my concerns and does not blindly charge into this debate with arbitrary statistics. This debate will remain civil if both sides truly grasp the subjects we are discussing without biased opinions like "Gay people can't make children", "Marijuana is bad for your health" or " I didn't come from no monkey"! These are honest to God responses I get on these subjects. All I can do is face palm. There has to be someone out there that can help me with this.

1. Why is marijuana illegal? Seriously? Not one single argument an be made to support this ridiculous debate!
a. Marijuana is bad for you! Yeah so is life, should that be illegal? McDonald's, Red bull and playing football is "bad for you" should we make people who enjoy those things criminals?
b. The children will have better access. Sooo... is that remedied with prohibition? Not even close in fact the current methods of obtaining marijuana is through black market alley meets through dealers who also might sell other harmful products. If they end up getting it from a government regulated facility it might be a deterrent from the access of truly harmful substances.
c. Marijuana makes you lazy. As that may be a common issue with marijuana.. think about all of the horrible things that are perpetuated in the spirit of "getting things done" Also marijuana isn't cheap, you need a job to buy it; enter the secret pot head work force of America! That's right we are painting your houses, delivering your pizzas and creating some of the most elaborate and beautiful works of art in every form! In short, "getting things done" is relative to what actually NEEDS to be done!

2. Is homophobia the reason for the gay marriage crisis? It has to be! I've seen 3 arguments against gay marriage
a. they cannot procreate.... and that's reason to oppress them how? Overpopulation, orphans, and common sense kill that argument fast! But I see it everywhere as if adding to the exponential threat of over population is somehow rewarded with the an exclusive claim on marriage!
b. The current "definition of marriage"! People are actually looking to Webster for his expertise on this subject. Isn't the purpose of this debate to change the current obsolete definition? "I don't like change" is not an appropriate reason to claim the authority over a minority.
c. "Gay people make bad parents". Yeah so do many straight people.. need proof? Walk outside and greet your sociopath neighbor who dictates a militant Christian household. Or how about Mr. and Mrs. Alcoholic trailer mutants who are protected by the government to have as many Welfare babies as they want! The basis for this argument stems from bias Google searches! In my experience if you want to find evidence to support the parental abilities of homosexuals.. its out there! If you think they create a more dangerous environment than the current foster/orphanage system.. I assume you didn't look in the right spot for your information!

3. Evolution: Lets be clear.. No one has a problem with "evolution". We see it everywhere (especially technology). The controversy is with Darwin's theory of Evolution through Natural Selection.
a. "Its just a theory" My response will be in most cases; "Look it up yourself" Would you believe me if I told you that Scientific Theory holds up in court. Discover a wealth of information to support how this theory is more than enough to justify its rank as the most obvious answer! The funny thing is most of the people who cannot accept natural selection and claim that the scientist weren't actually there to witness macro evolution therefore the entire science community should hang up the towel in shame. also believe the bible as "evidence" for the nonsense they believe.. guess what.. You weren't there either!
b. "I didn't come from a monkey": Good job little buddy! Its inspirational to know you don't have to be educated to throw your hat in this ring. That's right You Did NOT come from monkeys. No one said you did. But you instantly went on the defensive. We ARE Primates.. Deal with it. We are members of the African Apes. Family, but not offspring to ... get this.. other primates. Mind Blown Yet? Look I know I'm being crass but Only accept this if you are educated and you will earn my respect instead of condescension.
c. Noah's Ark/ Garden of Eden: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah... ohhh wait.. your not kidding? Wow.. I really do not know what to say.. *walking away slowly with both hands in the air*

As you can tell I'm at wits end. I want this to be the end all of these subjects. Will you help me put this baby to bed? BTW you can tell my frustration does not come from opposition, it comes from ignorance!
walle_ras

Con

Round 1 evolution.
Finalfan

Pro

Finalfan forfeited this round.
walle_ras

Con

walle_ras forfeited this round.
Finalfan

Pro

Finalfan forfeited this round.
walle_ras

Con

Evolution denies Pascals laws of probability.

Gay marriage is against the Bible, which is God's word and the law of causality proves God.

All drugs should be legal.

~Libertarian, Walle ras
Finalfan

Pro

Finalfan forfeited this round.
walle_ras

Con

Vote con, for libertarian.
Finalfan

Pro

You sir: are a strange fellow! Vote pro for suffering con.
walle_ras

Con

He hasn't even addressed my arguments.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
Before you vote! Read the comments section!
Posted by Jesus_is_my_savior 2 years ago
Jesus_is_my_savior
Just start a new one. I'm sure someone that's willing to actually debate you will accept the next time
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
Is this debate dead in the water? Any way I can reverse it? Or should I start a new debate?
Jesus_is_my_savior
Con didn't even post an actual rebuttal..
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
Darn I don't oppose evolution so I can't accept.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
If you think you can handle my colorful writing style and can provide some insight please accept this challenge. I would love to discuss those two topics if we want to agree that Natural selection is valid!
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
I want to make a bold statement that does not belong in my debate.. Every opponent I have ever faced regarding these topics take the Head in the sand/Blind Obedience approach. They ambitiously tear their way through this debate without considering or even reading my arguments! I understand it would be boring
if they just agreed with me but providing a copy/paste argument without even looking to see if I had addressed the subject only derails my desire to continue forward. Now I see it coming and even warn my opponent. But too my surprise.. they don't read that either!
Posted by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
LostintheEcho1498
I'd be ok with this minus evolution. I can understand why people don't grasp evolution, however, and can present a different opinion if thats what you want. I can only really give you a good..conversation is what this is closer to.. about the other two.
Vote Placed by ColeTrain 2 years ago
ColeTrain
Finalfanwalle_rasTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct. Pro failed to post any arguments following his intro.