Darface
TheAntidoter

The matrix the best movie ever

TheAntidoter
Started: 10/3/2013 Category: Movies

Darface

Pro

The Matrix is a 1999 American"Australian science fiction action film written and directed by The Wachowski Brothers, and starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Joe Pantoliano, and Hugo Weaving. It depicts a dystopian future in which reality as perceived by most humans is actually a simulated reality called "the Matrix", created by sentient machines to subdue the human population, while their bodies' heat and electrical activity are used as an energy source. Computer programmer "Neo" learns this truth and is drawn into a rebellion against the machines, which involves other people who have been freed from the "dream world".
The Matrix is known for popularizing a visual effect known as "bullet time", in which the heightened perception of certain characters is represented by allowing the action within a shot to progress in slow-motion while the camera's viewpoint appears to move through the scene at normal speed. The film is an example of the cyberpunk science fiction genre.[3] It contains numerous references to philosophical and religious ideas, and prominently pays homage to works such as Jean Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulation[4] and Lewis Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. The Wachowskis' approach to action scenes drew upon their admiration for Japanese animation[5] and martial arts films, and the film's use of fight choreographers and wire fu techniques from Hong Kong action cinema was influential upon subsequent Hollywood action film productions.
The Matrix was first released in the United States on March 31, 1999, and grossed over $460 million worldwide. It was generally well-received by critics,[6][7] and won four Academy Awards as well as other accolades including BAFTA Awards and Saturn Awards. Reviewers praised The Matrix for its innovative visual effects, cinematography and its entertainment. The film's premise was both criticized for being derivative of earlier science fiction works, and praised for being intriguing. The action also polarized critics, some describing it as impressive, but others dismissing it as a trite distraction from an interesting premise.
Despite this, the film has since appeared in lists of the greatest science fiction films,[8][9][10] and in 2012, was added to the National Film Registry for preservation.[11] The success of the film led to the release of two feature film sequels, both written and directed by the Wachowskis, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. The Matrix franchise was further expanded through the production of comic books, video games, and animated short films in which the Wachowskis were heavily involved.
TheAntidoter

Con

My opponent has agreed to debate the following resolution: Resolved: The matrix is the best movie ever.

As my opponent has the burden of proof to prove the following resolution true, he must show why it is better then other alternative.

For the following resolution I will posit that avatar is a better film then the Matrix.

Due to the subjectivity in terms of enjoyment, we must take this debate to terms of absolutes. And nothing is more absolute about a movie then money made, as that represents successes with audiences, and thus superiority.

With an 83% rating on Rotten tomatoes, [1] And setting records such as money made for each successive weekend, as well as being one of 5 movies making over a Billion Dollars. [2], it is no doubt that Avatar is a superior movie to The Matrix, while the Matrix made less then 1/2 of that [3]

I turn my argument over to pro.

[1] http://www.rottentomatoes.com...
[2] http://www.marketwatch.com...
[3] http://www.boxofficemojo.com...
Darface

Pro

Hot Fuzz is a 2007 British action comedy film directed and co-written by Edgar Wright, and co-written by and starring Simon Pegg alongside Nick Frost. The three and the film's producer Nira Park had previously worked together on the television series Spaced and the 2004 film Shaun of the Dead.[5] The film follows two police officers attempting to solve a series of mysterious deaths in a small English village.
Over a hundred action films were used as inspiration for developing the script, which Wright and Pegg worked on together. Filming took place over eleven weeks in early 2006, and featured an extensive cast along with various uncredited cameos. Visual effects were developed by ten artists to expand on or add explosions, gore, and gunfire scenes.
Debuting on 14 February 2007 in the United Kingdom and 20 April in the United States, Hot Fuzz received wide acclaim with a 91% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes and 81/100 from Metacritic. The total international box office gross reached $80,573,774 before its home media release. Shortly after the film's release, two different soundtracks were released in the UK and US.
The film is the second in Wright and Pegg's Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy and was preceded by 2004's Shaun of the Dead and followed by 2013's The World's End; each of them featuring a different flavour of Cornetto ice cream.[6]
TheAntidoter

Con

MY opponent seems not to be debating the resolution anymore.

Extend Previous arguments.

I turn it over to pro.
Darface

Pro

"The Fox" is an electronic dance music song and viral video by Norwegian comedy duo Ylvis. The video was posted on YouTube on 3 September 2013, and has over 79 million views as of 2 October.[1] It has been compared to K-pop hit "Gangnam Style".[2][3][4][5] Currently, "The Fox" is no. 8 in the Billboard Hot 100,[6] the highest ranked song by a Norwegian artist on Billboard since A-ha's number 1 hit "Take on Me."
The song was released as a single on iTunes in Norway on 2 September 2013,[7] and was planned to be released on iTunes in the United States on September 9,[8] but remained unavailable for one week due to allegations of copyright infringement by a third party.[9] It became available on iTunes in the US on September 16[10] and was ranked as number 9 in the iTunes Store Top 10 Songs the following week.[11] There are currently no plans to release an album including the song.[8]
TheAntidoter

Con

Trolling is defined by the merrian-webster dictionary [1] As Singing. However, that is irrelevant for the purposes of this debate.

My opponent has resorted to arguments unrelated to the resolution, as such I should win conduct due to his behavior.

He does not have any sources, and therefore I should win spelling and grammar as well due to the useless numbers in his paragraph, as well as sources.

I thank pro for this debate, as it is for all pratical purposes done since he probably won't post something related anyways.

[1]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Darface

Pro

Yahoo
Yahoo Search
Search:
Search
Thursday, October 3, 2013My Yahoo
Sign In
Mail
Mail
News
Sports
Finance
Weather
Games
Groups
Answers
Screen
Flickr
Jobs
Autos
Shopping
Travel
Dating
More Yahoo Sites
Try the new My Yahoo

Try for 1 month free
Watch anytime, anywhere.
Cancel anytime.
Trending Now

Watch the show "
1
Lacey Chabert
2
Kate Upton
3
Stink bugs
4
Mega Millions
5
Tropical Storm Karen
6
Tiger Woods
7
Barbara Sinatra
8
Costa Concordia
9
Blizzident toothbrush
10
Eric Cantor
Ad FeedbackAdChoices
Weather

Forest Park
Change location
79"F Partly Cloudy

78"F High65"F Low
Today 71.5"F
78"F High 65"F Low

Tomorrow 75.5"F
84"F High 67"F Low

Friday 70"F
84"F High 56"F Low
Quotes Yahoo Finance

MarketsMy Portfolio
S&P 500
1,678.66-0.90%
NASDAQ Composite
3,774.34-1.07%
Dow Jones Indust"
14,996.48-0.90%
Enter company/ticker
Scores Yahoo Sports

LiveResultsComing UpMy Teams
MLB TB
4
- CLE
0
Final, 10/2
MLB CIN
2
- PIT
6
Final, 10/1
NHL ANH
1
- COL
6
Final, 10/2
NHL BUF
1
- DET
2
Final, 10/2
Find team
Flickr

See more photos in Breathtaking Bird Shots

Featured Videos Yahoo Screen

Puppies cause feeding-time fiasco

Zoo wants help naming twin panda cubs

Sandra Bullock on chemistry with Clooney

Aurora borealis captured in time-lapse video
Search videos
Birthdays

Sign in with Facebook to see upcoming birthdays
FacebookWe don't post anything without your permission.
Horoscopes Yahoo Shine

Libra 9/23-10/22
It's a great day to let go. Grudges and feuds need to be resolved amicably, and you ought to make sure that you're treating people as you'd want to be treated yourself. Forgive and forget!
More Not your sign?
Comics

Dilbert

See more
About YahooTermsPrivacyAbout our AdsCareersHelpFeedback
" 2013 Yahoo. All Rights Reserved.
Back To Top
The scene at the U.S. Capitol building (REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)

Car chase ends in gunfire at Capitol
Police briefly lock down the Capitol building after chasing a vehicle and engaging a female suspect. Child found in car "
More stories

Gunfire at Capitol

Kate Gosselin's money secret

5 amazing burgers in U.S.

How underwater circles formed

Bride's surprise wedding

1 " 5 of 95
Previous set of stories
Pause
Next set of stories
All Stories News Local Entertainment Sports More
The Reckoning the Republicans Need
The government shutdown exposes the party"s failure to learn from its mistakes
BusinessWeekPoliticsHealth insuranceGovernment shutdownBarack Obama
SaveMore like thisRemove

Angelina Jolie and the Case of the Mystery Ring: Part 2
Oh, Angelina Jolie. The Oscar-winning actress knows all eyes are on her 24/7, so why must she keep the "did they or didn't they get married" guessing game going by wearing two rings on her ring finger? Jolie, 38, stepped " Continue reading U94;
omg!
SaveMore like thisRemove

A checking account you"ll want to be with forever.
Break up with fees and minimums and fall in love with online and mobile 360 Checking" from Capital One 360". Start with a $50 bonus.
AdChoicesCapital One 360Sponsored

Verdict should ease Jackson's court 'appearances'
LOS ANGELES (AP) " A jury's rejection of a long-running lawsuit by Michael Jackson's mother against the promoter of his ill-fated comeback concerts could finally allow Jackson to disappear from a forum he has dominated for years " the courtroom.
Associated Press23 mins ago
SaveMore like thisRemove

Lake in Tanzania turns animals to stone
Any animal that touches Lake Natron in Tanzania turns to stone. Photographer Nick Brandt captured all sorts of birds and other creatures that have been found dead -- and calcified -- along the shoreline.
WGN - Chicago
SaveMore like thisRemove
Retailers Take Sides in PlayStation 4, Xbox One Launches
Retailers are rallying around the launch of Sony and Microsoft"s next-generation videogame consoles, both launching in November " and some are ready to take sides as the release of the systems heat up a new console war. `32; Microsoft got the jump in August when Pepsico"s Doritos and Mountain Dew"
Variety
SaveMore like thisRemove

A human brain was preserved for 4,000 years after being boiled in its own skull
Ancient, well-preserved human remains aren't exactly a common thing to find, which makes the discovery of a 4,000-year-old brain in western Turkey pretty noteworthy. The brain was found in 2010 in an ancient burial ground that appeared to have been burned " charred skeletons and wooden objects were"
The Verge
SaveMore like thisRemove
Josh Freeman Cut By The Tampa Bay Buccaneers After Nightmare Four Weeks
Tampa Bay Bucs quarterback Josh Freeman has...
Business Insider
SaveMore like thisRemove

The Ultimate Stuffed Cabbage Recipe
The best stuffed cabbage recipe, with a secret, distinctly American, ingredient.
Shine Food
SaveMore like thisRemove
Enrollment In Obamacare's Federal Exchange, So Far, May Only Be In 'Single Digits'
On October 1, Obamacare"s subsidized insurance exchanges went live. Most of the exchange websites crashed on the first day, a development that led some of the law"s supporters to conclude that there was overwhelming demand for Obamacare"s insurance products. But the Obama administration isn"t"
Forbes
SaveMore like thisRemove
Suze Orman takes on the student loan crisis
Why student loans are the most dangerous types of debt and how to tackle it.
CNBC
SaveMore like thisRemove

Analysis: Republicans get opposite of stated goals
WASHINGTON (AP) " Republicans insisted they wanted to shut down the nation's 3-year-old health care overhaul, not the government. They got the opposite, and now struggle to convince the public that responsibility for partial closure of the federal establishment lies with President Barack Obama and"
Associated Press
SaveMore like thisRemove

5 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me as a Second-time Mom
Having children born close together in age can be chaotic. A chaotic, magnificent collage of madness and beauty.At least it has been for me. In remembering back to when I had my first baby, even before - especially when I was pregnant - I had more than a few lofty ideals. Some of which evaporated"
Parenting
SaveMore like thisRemove
Did Bill Belichick sabotage the Eagles?
That the Pats are 4-0 early on in the NFL season is no surprise, but Dan Rubenstein explains why you should be surprised by the reason the Eagles have struggled mightily early on " Bill Belichick.
SB Nation
SaveMore like thisRemove

Ronan Farrow Reportedly Considering On-Camera Role at MSNBC
Julie MillerRonan Farrow, the world's most eligible (and well-attired) humanitarian under 30, is making quite the headlines this morning. Following his mother Mia Farrow's revelation in Vanity Fair's November issue that the 25-year-old Rhodes Scholar could be the son of Frank Sinatra, The Hollywood"
At Home
SaveMore like thisRemove

Accredited BSN & MSN Nursing Degrees Online
Advance Your Career in Healthcare by Getting Your BSN or MSN Degree Online. RN Required. Accredited. Most Affordable, Compare Tuition. Apply Online!
AdChoicesWGU MissouriSponsored

Jon Stewart Calls House Republicans "Self-Righteous, Orwellian Zebra Queefs"
Jon Stewart is having trouble stomaching Republican claims that Democrats and President Obama are really to blame for shutting down the federal government this week.
The Wrap
SaveMore like thisRemove

7 Ways Teachers Make Me Feel like a Terrible Human Being (7 photos)
Teachers are different in so many ways, and that they choose to follow the calling they feel to teach children ? I've always admired that about them. But here's the thing: you can only admire someone for so long before you start feeling insecure about all the things they are better at than you."
SaveMore like thisRemove
Illegal immigrants to get driver's licenses under new California law
By Sharon Bernstein SACRAMENTO (Reuters) - Illegal immigrants living in California will be eligible to apply for driver's lic
TheAntidoter

Con

It is inherent in the text that my opponent presents that there is no argument to be found. As for his only resolution-related paragraph, I shall aptly dismantle his claims, of which there are none.

I do not thank pro for his debate.
Darface

Pro

Well I woke up to get me a cold pop and then I thought somebody was barbequing. I said oh lord Jesus it"s a fire. Then I ran out, I didn"t grab no shoes or nothin" lord Jesus, I ran for my life. And then the smoke gagged me, I got bronchitis ain"t nobody got time for that.

You suck ****** Burritos jacob
TheAntidoter

Con

Why did I accept this debate?

Answer: Because I though he would be better then this.

Voters, please vote. Remember : Conduct, S and G, Arguments, Sources.
Posted by CRAZ4SWAN 4 years ago
CRAZ4SWAN
Darface is genius,talent,majesty,wise,clever,intelligent,sapient,smart,sensible,brainy,shrewd and bright !!!!!! sh!t on TheAntidoter :))
Posted by TheAntidoter 4 years ago
TheAntidoter
This is the first time I downvote my own debate. It is a sad day indeed.
Posted by Darface 4 years ago
Darface
Posted by Darface 4 years ago
Darface
WOMEN
MEN
KIDS
COLLECTIONS
ONE FOR ONE"
STORIES & VIDEOS
REFER A FRIEND
SHOP WOMEN'SSHOP MEN'SSHOP KIDS'
SHOP WOMEN'SSHOP MEN'SLEARN MORE
SHOP WOMEN'SSHOP MEN'SSHOP KIDS'
SHOP WOMEN'SSHOP MEN'SLEARN MORE
1
2
JOIN
SIGN UP FOR EMAILS " We'd love to have you!
A Higher Purpose
Warm your feet and
a stranger's heart
A Global View
On a mission for
the greater good
Browse & Explore
Our Fall Digital Catalog is
a visual adventure
Give Sight
285,000,000 people are
visually impaired or blind
Giving is a job that comes
with great responsibili
Posted by Darface 4 years ago
Darface
Dog goes woof
Cat goes meow
Bird goes tweet
and mouse goes squeek

Cow goes moo
Frog goes croak
and the elephant goes toot

Ducks say quack
and fish go blub
and the seal goes ow ow ow ow ow

But theres one sound
That no one knows
What does the fox say?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
What the fox say?

Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
What the fox say?

Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
What the fox say?

Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Tchoff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
What the fox say?

Big blue eyes
Pointy nose
Chasing mice
and digging holes

Tiny paws
Up the hill
Suddenly youre standing still

Your fur is red
So beautiful
Like an angel in disguise

But if you meet
a friendly horse
Will you communicate by
mo-o-o-o-orse?
mo-o-o-o-orse?
mo-o-o-o-orse?

How will you speak to that
ho-o-o-o-orse?
ho-o-o-o-orse?
ho-o-o-o-orse?
What does the fox say?

Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
What the fox say?

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
What the fox say?

A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
What the fox say?

A-oo-oo-oo-ooo!
Woo-oo-oo-ooo!
What does the fox say?

The secret of the fox
Ancient mystery
Somewhere deep in the woods
I know youre hiding
What is your sound?
Will we ever know?
Will always be a mystery
What do you say?

Youre my guardian angel
Hiding in the woods
What is your sound?

(Fox Sings)
Wa-wa-way-do Wub-wid-bid-dum-way-do Wa-wa-way-do

Will we ever know?

(Fox Sings)
Bay-budabud-dum-bam

I want to

(Fox sings)
Mama-dum-day-do

I want to
I want to know!

(Fox sings)
Abay-ba-da bum-bum bay-do

Read more: Ylvis - The Fox Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Posted by Darface 4 years ago
Darface
I was tired of my lady, we'd been together too long
Like a worn-out recording of a favorite song
So while she lay there sleepin', I read the paper in bed
And in the personal columns there was this letter I read

'If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain
If you're not into yoga, if you have half a brain
If you like making love at midnight in the dunes on the cape
Then I'm the love that you've looked for write to me and escape'

I didn't think about my lady, I know that sounds kinda mean
But me and my old lady had fallen into the same old dull routine
So I wrote to the paper, took out a personal ad
And though I'm nobody's poet, I thought it wasn't half bad

"Yes, I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain
I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon and cut through all this red tape
At a bar called O'Malleys where we'll plan our escape"

So I waited with high hopes and she walked in the place
I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face
It was my own lovely lady and she said, "Oh, it's you?"
Then we laughed for a moment and I said, "I never knew"

"That you liked Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain
And the feel of the ocean and the taste of the champagne
You're the lady I've looked for, come with me and escape"

If you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain
Then I'm the love that you've looked for, write to me and escape

Yes, I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain
At a b
Posted by Darface 4 years ago
Darface
A great place for lunch
and
to relax after a hard day at work.

Green Dragon PubHobbit Drink Specials Menu Wines Microbrewed Beers Parties Special Offers Contact Us Subscribe Map

The quest begins when your group meets at the Green Dragon Pub. From there you venture into the world of global delights at Bilbo Baggins Global Resturant. Make your reservation today!!

NEW!! Hobbit Drink Specials

This is the vertical layout template for the OpenTable Diners' Choice Widget. You may remove this comment after reading the installation instructions and customizing the code -->

Oregon Wine Press & Board-Click for Letter

Bilbo Baggins
Alexandria, Virginia

Reserve Now.
</div

See us on Facebook FaceBook Follow on Twitter

View our eblastarchive
Email Marketing by Constant Contact"

Join Our Mailing List
Email:

For Email Newsletters you can trust
A casual local restaurant & pub with tasty food, unusual wines & beers from around the world, and friendly service. The green dragon pub sports 10 beers on tap with 80 or so bottles from which to choose. Wines are offered by the glass or bottle with a full bar that offers unusual martinis as well as other libations. A fire place and 4 HDTVs add to the experience. Upstairs, guests find cozy tables located within 3 dining room areas. All menu selections are offered both in the pub and dining rooms. Experience a tantalizing tapas menu with a selection of cheeses, fire cracker shrimp and fresh calamari just to name a few.

Join us for a spectacular Sunday brunch which includes Frodo's french toast made from our homemade crack wheat & raisin bread, a variety of omelets as well as other delicious brunch & lunch items.

We are open seven days a week for Lunch, Dinner and Sunday Brunch. Or feel free to just drop-in for Dessert, all of which are made right on the premise. Our hours are Monday to Saturday, 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Sundays, 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m
Posted by Darface 4 years ago
Darface
"I've made a lot of special modifications myself."
Han Solo

Star Wars Reads Day Returns October 5, 2013

This Saturday is the second annual celebration of literacy and Star Wars, with nationwide bookstore and library events!

Heeding the Call: Rise of the Mandalorian Mercs

by Tom Hutchens
Learn the origins of one of the world's biggest Star Wars fan groups!

Star Wars Celebration Europe: Your Favorite Memory Photo Book, Part 2

by Mary Franklin
See more fan photos from Star Wars Celebration Europe in Germany!

10 Interesting Things I Learned from The Making of Return of the Jedi

by Eric Geller
The co-host of The ForceCast podcast runs down some exciting behind-the-scenes details found in J.W. Rinzler's new book!

The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Available Today

by J.W. Rinzler
Author J.W. Rinzler gives a glimpse at George Lucas' writing process and a taste of things to come in The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
Vote Placed by drafterman 4 years ago
drafterman
DarfaceTheAntidoterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Craziness.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
DarfaceTheAntidoterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Yup a votebomb from me... CONDUCT: Pro committed plagiarism in R3. S&G: Due to plagiarism, pro is not attributed with having his own spelling; therefore disqualified on this. ARGUMENTS: Con has them? Yeah abandoning the resolution after the first round by pro, sealed this. SOURCES: Plagiarism instead of properly citing what is being copied (and should have been quoted... actually it should not have been there, seeing how it was not connected to the debate).
Vote Placed by airmax1227 4 years ago
airmax1227
DarfaceTheAntidoterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro seems to have abandoned the debate resolution after R1. Cons R1 was never replied to, so those arguments stand. The arguments also decently establish something difficult to qualify as "best", by pointing to profitability and review scoring. So argument points to Con. Pro was posting things unrelated to the resolution from R2 onwards, so conduct points to Con.
Vote Placed by SPENCERJOYAGE14 4 years ago
SPENCERJOYAGE14
DarfaceTheAntidoterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wow okay. That debate round sucked. I'm vomiting right now. Kidding. Okay so Darface, take things seriously dude. TheAntidoter, you were super cocky, and that's not the best thing to do.
Vote Placed by Orangatang 4 years ago
Orangatang
DarfaceTheAntidoterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used real sources, had better arguments, did not troll.