Kaibigan
TBSmothers

The media Promotes a Selfish Society

Started: 8/27/2015 Category: News

Kaibigan

Pro

THE PRESS PROMOTES A SELFISH SOCIETY
FREEDOM OF THE PRESS OR FREEDOM FOR THE PRESS ?
This is the catch cry of the FOURTH ESTATE...is it a declaration of the need for independence to promote a freedom from persecution and prosecution to allow the news to be reported in an unbiased form thus enabling it to expose wrongdoing or is it a protection mechanism for the media magnates to strengthen their positions, to enhance their wealth and secure and grow their power and influence ?
TBSmothers

Con

In this debate I will be arguing that society and the people in it are selfish by nature, and that the media plays a small role if

any in this behavior. I wish the pro the best of luck.

Definition(s)
Media- the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely.( http://dictionary.reference.com... )
Kaibigan

Pro

Kaibigan forfeited this round.
TBSmothers

Con

I don't think that pro will be responding to any of my arguments so I will keep this brief.
"According to Thomas Hobbes in Leviathan, the life of man in the state of nature is 'solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short'(186).' From this description or depiction, it can be understood that natural condition of man is not good at all."[1] This was written in an article by "ağlar Yenihan"er that can be found in the link. I agree with the entirety of this so I will not go any farther into detail unless I need to.

[1] http://www.academia.edu...
Kaibigan

Pro

Kaibigan forfeited this round.
TBSmothers

Con

vote con!!!
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
Everything and everyone is selfish, imo.
Posted by frankabe 1 year ago
frankabe
Most of the media reporting is just entertainment pretending to be news.