Kelsey.lb
Andrew.Cerean

The media potrays woman badly and is extremely patriachal

Kelsey.lb

Pro

Portrayed badly because it is not how real woman are, giving unrealistic expectation both to men and women. (Patriarchal as in submissive to men.
Andrew.Cerean

Con

I would just like you to elaborate on your position. I only accepted this debate because I saw a side comment that you made. The media is doing a lot trying to advance the rights of women, especially agencies like MSNBC and CNN.

Once I know what your position is on all of this, I'll actually be able to engage in a discussion, but for the time being I think we need some stuff to talk about.
Kelsey.lb

Pro

Kelsey.lb forfeited this round.
Andrew.Cerean

Con

Would you like to end the debate?

Pass to round 3.
Kelsey.lb

Pro

Kelsey.lb forfeited this round.
Andrew.Cerean

Con

Andrew.Cerean forfeited this round.
Kelsey.lb

Pro

Kelsey.lb forfeited this round.
Andrew.Cerean

Con

Andrew.Cerean forfeited this round.
Posted by Kelsey.lb 2 years ago
Kelsey.lb
Sorry I have not responded as things come up. I have had a severe thing happen this week and not had time nor the mind set to part-take in any debates.
Posted by Andrew.Cerean 3 years ago
Andrew.Cerean
You cannot expect the publicity to remain the same. Men play different roles in society at the moment. Crime rates are higher among men,. Psychologically, men and women are very different. More men do more bad things, and the news is filled with...bad news. My wife is am empowered woman and she disagrees with abortion. My wife be leaves that women should be respected, but she also understands the different roles. In regards to careers, there should not be unfair differences in salaries, but you have to understand men and women pick different careers.
Posted by Kelsey.lb 3 years ago
Kelsey.lb
Id like to point out I'm not totally against abortion, I do give women the right to choose. My stance for abortion is giving the unborn baby a right when it cant defend its self. It has nothing to do with woman's rights or there submissive portrayal. Im not suggesting men aren't portrayed badly, its just done in a different way that doesn't effect the general population as severely. This isn't a for or against over women and men it is literally a debate over woman's portrayal in media.
Posted by TheShadowCupcake 3 years ago
TheShadowCupcake
Being against abortion is not indicative of submission and softness.
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
For someone argueing that women are treated like their "soft and submissive" I found it weird that you're con against abortion. Anyways in the media men are shown as pigs I don't think their is anyone media has treated nicely in the last 100 years other then Hillary Clinton and Ronal Reagan (and their both debatable). Did you see what happened to bil clinton when it was discovered of the "affair, meanwhile Melissa harris-perry was immediatly forgiven of her racist remarks aimed at Mitt Romney's grandchild.
Posted by Kelsey.lb 3 years ago
Kelsey.lb
I don't just mean that men are stopping women from getting to the top. My stance was for the difference in how women and men are portrayed in the media. For men its all about being the tuff guy that wins all the time whereas for a women to be acceptable she must be soft and submissive. Not just typically attractive but if you look at the difference when photographing men compared to women its very obvious. Before accepting maybe you should watch a video called killing us softly. Don't get me wrong I am not a feminist just this is so obvious it cant be ignored.
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
And secretary of state Condoleezza Rice
Posted by Actionsspeak 3 years ago
Actionsspeak
i'm so close to accepting this, haha problem is media portrays everyone badly. However the patriarchy is a utter lie with Hillary Clinton nearly being the U.S. President in 2008, and being a frontrunner in 2016.