fernandito_chiquito
SJM

The mentally handicapped people don't promote to society, so they should be eliminated.

SJM has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

fernandito_chiquito

Pro

I haven't participated in any debates recently, and the last 3 that I created, I was unable to attend to in the required time due to personal reasons. For this topic, please keep in mind that this is not against the physically handicapped, but mainly the severely mentally handicapped. I will save my reasoning for the next round, as this is just an agreement between me and the contender of this argument that he or she accepts my debate request. The rules to this debate are pretty simple:

-No trolling

-Cite any sources used to prove your point at the bottom below your argument (including images), and state specifically where this source is being used in the argument. If you do not prove any points with specific evidence, I will not view you as a worthy opponent and I will forfeit the round.

-Do not stray from the main topic, so if you start ranting about how some random subject relates to this that is a completely different matter, I will forfeit the round.

-Do not accept this debate if your just going to state a very brief argument, I see many do this on this site, and I don't want to be debating with someone who wont take the time to make a long durable argument.

Other than that, there's nothing else to explain. I wish the best of luck to my opponent in this debate, and I hope that this is an interesting topic that many will choose to observe, and eventually vote for.
SJM

Con

Im assuming the first round was acceptance.
fernandito_chiquito

Pro

Indeed it is.

Anyways, I will start off by saying that the severely mentally ill have been viewed differently for thousands of years. In Sparta, the young diagnosed with mental retardation or any sort of deformity underwent drastic torture and eventually execution, and medieval European societies took pity upon these people, making them outcasts and forcing them down to the social level of a serf or peasant. In Africa, retarded or deformed children were rejected and killed or abandoned. These views have changed today due to the large amount of knowledge gathered over the centuries, the advantages technology gives us, and the changing points of view as a result of the coming together of multiple cultures. (Past and Present Perceptions towards disability: a historical perspective: Chomba Wa Munyi).

Now onto my first reason:

In 2006, the United States spent about $56.7 billion on mental illness health care and by 2030, $6 trillion will be used in that year on a global level, with many 3rd world countries spending under $1 trillion, making heavy medicine distribution countries like the US and Russia the heaviest spending countries on medical care for the mentally disabled. The reason these spending are so costly are because the medicine synthesized by experts can simply maintain the level of severity of these cases at a low and stable level. They cannot cure them. Now I ask, these people are important to their families as much as you and me are to our families, but the medicine is costly, they most likely stay under heavy care their entire lives, and live under humiliation of others, so why keep them alive? When thinking about someone you must also think about others and ask, is this current state good enough? What challenging factors will the new state bring about? The government is in heavy debt, and neglecting these people will allow more funding, improvement of many different environments, and help people in need of help that actually contribute to society. (The Global Cost of Mental Illness: Thomas Insel)

Past and Present perceptions towards disability:
dsq-sds.peg/article/view/3197/4068

The Global Cost of Mental Illness:
https://www.nimh.nih.gov...
Posted by DavidMancke 1 year ago
DavidMancke
Jesus! How dumb are you? How the hell would someone that lacks the cognitive muster for their own power of attorney suddenly up and decide to end their life with "dignity" much less make the case to a court or panel of doctors..? Think your sh*t through you damned breadbox.

I have cared for mentally disabled adults living a in group hope. they are supported by welfare and have a quality of life that sometimes outstrip my own. They are on balance, happy people. There's more to life than driving a car.

And I would take the teddy bear sentiment of these so-called "selfish" parents over your insipid consignment to the rubbish bin. Maybe you should get physician assisted, "dignity" you creep!

According to the most recent census, there are 7.8 million mentally handicapped adults in the US that cannot live alone. I'd take them over you any day.

"The right thing to do is the right thing to do because it's the right thing to do."
Posted by antz 1 year ago
antz
severely disabled who are both physically and mentality disabled in my opinion miss out on a independent life of liberty such as having kids, going to shop, getting married, driving a car.

being unable to dress or wash yourself is horrible the hoplesness and the worthlessness they must feel, they must think its torture to accept being disable

disabled that live in care live of benefits off the tax payer our money and some carers who support them dont see them as human beings but as objects like in a shop, the shop worker does not care if it gets broken or harmed once dealt with.

it seems moral to make it legal for disabled to choose suicide if the disabilities to challenging emotionally.

loved ones like parents not wanting theif child to give up but its selfish to force a disabled person to live.
some disabled are servely disabled physically that they cannot not speak in my opinion theirs not point living if you have problems like that, but loved ones see them as teddys and thats selfish
Posted by DavidMancke 1 year ago
DavidMancke
Fernandito the Coward; are you or are you not willing to defend your thesis?
Posted by DavidMancke 1 year ago
DavidMancke
So are we doing this. I have spend a good portion of my day learning about various folks with down's syndrome living productive, happy lives that would be sorely missed by family and community.

Ready when you are Himmler.
Posted by DavidMancke 1 year ago
DavidMancke
If you really want to run the same thing, who am I to object. Put it together and post it and I will accept. Again, please include max character counts and max time frames for response.

I never forfeit, and I always win.
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
Nice try Fernando, but those things were different things that came up at the last minute as opposed to this one. It's funny how you try to phrase it as if it isn't that common. Also whether those other debates were last minute or not, is irrelevant to whether I knew if I wasn't going to be able to respond to this one. Cute fernando. And who said that it was a BUNCH of things?
Posted by fernandito_chiquito 1 year ago
fernandito_chiquito
David, I accept to take you on as an opponent on this topic on a new debate, but my intro and first argument I would prefer to put into the new debate as it was in this one. Is that ok?
fernandito_chiquito
Did a bunch of those things also coincidentally come up at the last minute on all your other debates too?
Posted by DavidMancke 1 year ago
DavidMancke
He does not seem up to the challenge anymore anyways. I offered to take the topic and got crickets.
Posted by SJM 1 year ago
SJM
Yes Fernando, I didn't know I wasn't going to respond. You know there are things that come up at the last minute right?