djussila
Rhino28

The minimum wage hurts more than it helps.

Con Tied Pro

djussila

Con

The minimum wage hurts more people than it helps. Having a minimum price of labor limits the bargaining power of workers and discourages employers from hiring low skilled labor, adding to the unemployment.
Rhino28

Pro

First of all I would like to point out that you chose the con/against the resolution. Meaning that you believe that minimum wage helps more people than it hurts.

One of the problems that occurs is that people making minimum wage believe that they don't have to work as hard as people above them. With that it will lower the skill level in the workplace. It you will lower the level of work, it would seem that service and also revenue for the company would suffer.
djussila

Con

I will continue the debate on the "pro" side as we agreed previously. I apologize for the confusion, I am against the minimum wage and not for it, but I worded the topic in a way in that it wouldn't look that way so again, I apologize.

I am against the minimum wage. I believe that if you set a minimum price for labor, lets say $12, you eliminate all the workers that would work for lower than fixed minimum of $12/hr. This would obviously contribute to unemployment.

Having a minimum price on labor also discourages employers from hiring and keeping new, unskilled workers. The minimum wage law forces the employer to either restrain from hiring new unskilled workers, and hope that the existing workers become more productive, or lay off existing unskilled, unproductive employees, adding to the unemployment.

The best way to increase wages is to raise labor productivity through capital accumulation: an increase in efficient machinery, better management, and better education and training. Real wages come out of production, and not government doctrines.
Rhino28

Pro

Rhino28 forfeited this round.
djussila

Con

As my opponent forfeited the last round, I will continue with my argument. I would also appreciate a response from my opponent.

There is a great flash map of the United States highlighting the correlation between the minimum wage and unemployment. I completely recommend it, as it supports my argument.

http://www.datamasher.org...

As I have nothing to rebuttal on, I await for my opponents response.
Rhino28

Pro

Rhino28 forfeited this round.
djussila

Con

djussila forfeited this round.
Rhino28

Pro

Rhino28 forfeited this round.
djussila

Con

djussila forfeited this round.
Rhino28

Pro

Rhino28 forfeited this round.
Posted by djussila 7 years ago
djussila
How do you change your side? Can you at all?
Posted by Rhino28 7 years ago
Rhino28
Just continue the case on the side you desire. It will just be a 4 round debate. Also edit it for the side you want.
Posted by djussila 7 years ago
djussila
This was my first debate and I worded it badly. It sucks but what are you going to do? I can't find any way to to change it.
Posted by Maikuru 7 years ago
Maikuru
@Rhino28: Con clearly presented a case for the affirmative. Rather than capitalizing on this, why not just take up the opposing side or ask him to edit the debate?
Vote Placed by cahb 7 years ago
cahb
djussilaRhino28Tied
Vote Placed by djussila 7 years ago
djussila
djussilaRhino28Tied