The mobile phone do more good than harm.

Greetings opponent. I would like to thank you for accepting this debate, if you do not, nevermind. I wish you good luck for the debate.

1. Sources could be stated but there shall not be 100% copying of the sources in the debate.
2. No forfeiture.
3. No personal insults.

For this round, I shall not begin any arguments first as I would like to hear from my opponent first. Good luck!

Hello opponent, before I proceed with my argument, I shall convey my thanks to my opponent who has started this debate. I really hope that this debate will turn out to be interesting and fun. Now, let me get on with my argument.
Cell phones are technological devices that are widely used all over the world. Around the world, mobile phone sales have increased from more than 100 million units per year in 1997 to an estimated 779 million units per year in 2005(which is more than the increase of human population) .They act as great tools for communication during every day life and emergencies. They also serve a purpose to connect people from all over the world to join in an event and bond together. Although cell phones may be argued to be hindrances in the class room, they are now helpful to classrooms and learning.
In addition to telephony, modern mobile phones also support a wide variety of other services such as text messaging, MMS, email, Internet access, short-range wireless communications (infrared, Bluetooth), business applications, gaming, and photography. Cell phones make it easier for people to communicate and interact with each other without really knowing another in person. In today"s day and age, communication is almost everything. People do not have the time to meet with every person they need to talk to. Being able to reach these people at any time makes cell phones convenient devices that are only helping people in their daily lives. Also, when parents are out with their children or their children are out by themselves, their parents can contact them at any time to ask where they are. If their child is lost, they can either call them, or use tracking devices on many cell phones nowadays to find them. My claim is supported by a study done by It states that 89% of online teens say the internet and other devices in their lives like cell phones, iPods, and digital cameras make their lives easier, while 71% of their parents agree. 5% of people think that cell phones are a bad thing. Another study done by states that 98% of parents of cell-owning teens say a major reason their child has the phone is that they can be in touch no matter where the teen is.
Cell phones are good devices not only because they are helpful for communication and dangerous situations, but because they are helpful in classrooms. Liz Ritter Hall said that cell phones have the capability to become the "Swiss army knife" for student research and organization. In class rooms, cell phones can be "data collection tools"audio recorders, digital cameras, and digital camcorders." All these new uses for cell phones in class rooms makes them very good educational devices. Students can do fast researching and answering with their cell phone devices using online dictionary or simply google them. If cell phones can be useful and educational in class rooms, they are obviously helping and doing more good than they are harm.
Cell phone also serve a purpose for people to understand each other better through social media apps like Instagram, Facebook ,Twitter etc. Social media apps allows people to share the moments in their life by pictures and discover people who will be able to inspire them into a better person. Cell phone also allow people to have a better understanding of the other parts of the world through videos and pictures that can broaden one"s horizon.
Cell phones act as excellent safety devices and are useful during emergencies for people of all ages. They can be used to contact parents and help when there are in unsafe or risky situations. According to an American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) poll, 56% of people over the age of 65 cite safety as a reason they have a cell phone. A majority of cell phone users (57%) who report that they have an annual household income of less than $30,000 say that they have cell phone service for safety and security reasons.
Cell phones may be argued as distractions at school, however cell phones are now actually being used in classes for educational purposes, so they are helping education. Cell phones also allow the access to online learning during e-learning day for the primary and secondary pupils when they were supposed to study at home.
Additionally, cell phones have been argued to be distractions on the road. However there are laws now that prevent cell phones from causing accidents and driving interferences. Although there is a slight environmental damage issue that cell phones have created, the problem is being quickly turned around by informing people about electronic recycling. And though cell phones have been found to cause brain damage, in order for brain damage to occur, cell phones must be used for heavy amounts of time for over many years. Additionally, cell phones must also be right next to the head in order for it to cause any damage.
Although cell phones do have disadvantages, they also have benefits. They are important and convenient, making our lives much easier. For the reasons that we have stated, we prove our point that Cell phones do more good than harm.

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting my debate and putting up a tough challenge for me. However, let me waste no more time and initiate round 2 of my debate.

Rebuttal 1: The only way how mobile phones are useful in a classroom environment is that they can be used as calculator. This however, can be negated as students have a calculator. On the other hand, mobile phones distracts the class and gives the teachers a hard time maintaining the class. From the two examples shown above, it is easily seen that the cons of the phone is more significant than the pros of the phone. Besides, data collection tools are quite insignificant as jotting down notes are better as they help in memory retainment due to the engagement of the senses.

Rebuttal 2: The statements of online teens cannot be taken into consideration. First of all, there is prejudice. Most people who are addicted to the smartphone will state that the phone is a helpful device. In addition, these are the majority of the population. This results in the reason why most people find the smartphone to be useful. Secondly, most people do not even know the cons of the phone. Examples of the cons of phone will be stated shortly.

Rebuttal 3: In social media where cyberbullying is very common, it is very hard to find people who can inspire you. In fact, it is very hard for someone to inspire you if you did not even see him.

Rebuttal 4: The information that laws can prevent distractions at the road is a misconception. Most people cannot resist the urge to use their phone. If the violation of the law cost for example, $50, most people would think that it is better to take the risk. Besides, policemen are not stationed at every road 24/7.

Now, for my arguments.

Contention 1: It must be noted that the usefulness of a device or item is determined by how it is used. If it is misused or used for the wrong purpose, it do harm. If it is used for the correct purpose, then it is safe to say that it does good. As such, the use of the mobile phone by users should be stated. From the source ( ), it is seen that the mobile phone is used 7% for games, 9% for productivity, 40% for social media and 44% for texting. If this is the case, it can be seen that the argument that mobile phones do more good than harm because of its educational purposes is atrocious. Judging from the figures, application for productivity were only 9% used. While many may argue that some games, texts and social media can provide educational benefit, it can be clearly seen that these only occupy a small percentage of the entire percentage. Therefore, it can be concluded that the mobile phone is quite misused and thus, do more harm.

Contention 2: It has been long known that the mobile phone allows communication. There is a good part and the bad part of the communication. However, the bad part of the communication benefit is often neglected. Easy communication through multimedia or texting will bound to have some cyber bullying. While a lot of people say that cyber bullying is not that significant in chats, it must be noted that psychologist have proven that abuse is more easily carried out by people who do not see their victims suffering. The context of social media and texting fits this condition perfectly. Both of these do not involve people meeting in person. Therefore, cyber bullying is significant.It is commonly mistaken that the effects of cyber bullying is not that great at all. However, the truth and examples shows otherwise. Cyber bullying can cause damage to the emotion and psychological state of mind. It might also indirectly lead to physical harm. Cyber bullying is most dangerous when a lot of people join in. An individual might lose self-esteem, confidence and might self harm, in more serious cases, they might even attempt suicides. A clear example is Amanda Todd. Amanda Todd was a teenager who got cyber bullied and died. The incident is a unpleasant one. This kind of communication also allows jihadist groups to spread their doctrine of hate and to recruit new members. Which supports the argument put up that mobile phones also allow negative communications.

Contention 3: It is true that the mobile phone brings convenience. However, that is just one side of the story. Convenience can bring over-reliance and pampering. Children and teenagers today are more spoilt and unwilling to go through sufferings. They have also become more lazy. In the older days, children and teenagers are less likely to skip homework as there are less distractions. However, children and teenagers these days will sometimes even skip homework to play games.

Contention 4: The mobile phone has the power to change mindsets towards negative outcomes. These negative outcomes range from inculcating the desire to kill and radicalization. The mobile phone which as access to the internet can be a dangerous breeding ground for murderers. ISIS has recruited thousands via the internet from a device like the mobile phone. Besides there is increasing research that shows many teens spend up to six hours a day using the mobile phone. With better and more complex phones like the iphone 6 or samsung galaxy core, the popularity and usage of the mobile phone has increased. Critics may argue that the case of the mobile phone changing the mindsets of specific users is rare. Not quite, the rise in semitic hate worldwide, the emergence of individuals such as Amos Yee posting spiteful videos and the systematic religious bashing on grounds that don't exist is spreading at an alarming rate.

In conclusion, it can be seen that the mobile phone does more harm than good as the cons of the mobile phone outweighs the pros of the mobile phone.

Hello again, you have raised some very interesting points. I now wish I gave us both more time to debate this more thoroughly.
I do agree with you that mobile phone can be used as calculator. However I would like to add on to the fact that mobile phone is also used as dictionary and other research and educational purposes. Students nowadays are expected to hand in report in a very short time that include huge amount of data and results from past experiment. I would like to suggest that mobile phone has been a great help to student and researches who need data and resources from the internet for their work or studies.(ex. Google web).
I also agree that sometimes mobile phones distracts the class and gives the teachers a hard time maintaining the class. However, I understand that only a small percentage of pupils are use phone during class time. This is partly because almost all teachers confiscate phone from the pupil once they saw them using it without a valid reason. I believe only a small amount of rebellious pupils are willing to take the risk. I should also add on to the fact that it"s their own responsibilities towards this phone issue and they need to be responsible to their own learning. Apart from this, I personally agree with the fact that jotting down notes helps and are more efficient towards one"s learning. But that does not mean that data collection tools are useless or insignificant. They also help and are more convenient.
I side with the fact that there will be prejudice in this issue. The fact that there will be more in-use cell phones than there are people on the planet right now. Gadgets like tablets, smartphones and not-so-smart phones are multiplying five times faster than we are, with our population growing at a rate of about two people per second, or 1.2% annually. While it"s proven that more and more people are using mobile phones, the functions of mobile phones also diversified, inevitably improved many people"s lives. If the statement of online teens cannot be taken into consideration, what can? I will be on the same mind with what the opponent had highlighted about prejudice. However, it"s clear that everyone including you, my opponent, owns a phone. And if mobile devices are doing more harm than good, what makes mobile phones such a huge impact on us? What makes the mobile phones the fastest growing manmade phenomenon ever -- from zero to 7.2 billion in three decades? As answer suggested might be that most people are unaware of the cons of the phones, I would like to emphasize that while teenagers are spending more time online, the school nowadays has been instilling the correct time management and values in teenagers. I believe people are aware of the cons of the phones, yet it"s obvious that no phones will ever be found inside the toilet bowls or bins after the speech or lecture. People continue to use phone but with the correct time management. Thus, I suppose that answer the opponent suggested should be classified as impractical. In additional, I also believe it"s more of personal responsibility towards the usage of phone and the duration spent using phone.
Cyber bullying is pretty common nowadays. While kids are using internet differently from the past few years, the cases of cyber bullying had been increasing rapidly. While one of the cases, as what opponent had brought up, is Amanda Todd. I would like to stress that while cyber bullying is common, we often get inspiration quotes and creative ideas online although one would say that those can be found in books and movies. According to Google's advanced algorithms, there are nearly 130 million books in the world, or 129,864,880, to be exact. I did some research, in 2012 IMDb stated that about 4 millions movies had been produced. So if you were to watch every movie on Earth, it would take you 460 years. But it is possible that more movies could be made during that time. I would once again stress that its very rare for human to live up to 460 or more years. Although one could say that we do not need to watch or read all to get quotes or ideas, I would like to mention that the web search engine had done the massive work by summing up or concluded almost all the books and movies. And just by typing a few words and a click, we could get the answer to our question. To sum up, I believe that educated human beings are able to understand and put their phones into good use like researching rather than humiliating or threatening other users online.
On my next point, I would like to touch on the topic of Amanda Todd. I believe she had posted a video on Youtube in which she used a series of flash cards to tell her experience of being blackmailed into exposing her breasts via webcam before committing suicide at her house. She was a brave girl who encountered many unfortunate incidents. However I would like to point out a fact. The story started when she was introduced to an anonymous person on Facebook who flattered her so much to the point of convincing her to flash her topless body to him. That"s when the tragedy took place. First of all , I personally felt that the responsibility lies more in her hand. As she was unaware of the consequences when she flashed, she experienced what most teens did not. I do not want to add on to the responsibilities of her death, but I am sorry for the lost of her parents. The story is still there to teach everyone a lesson.
It is indeed true that the policemen are not stationed 24/7 to watch out for one"s own safety. Once again, it"s regarding about responsibility. To highlight a point, road safety is a shared responsibility. I did a little research about the causes of road accidents, to sum up everything, road accidents normally occurred due to over speeding, drunken driver, distraction to driver, red light jumping, avoiding safety gears. Distracted driving is a major cause of distraction. Talking over the cell phone or texting while driving. Data shows that around 10 percent of accidents are due to a distraction driver. 10 percent is neither a small nor big number. I would like to stress that if laws cannot prevent distraction, sometimes one need to learn an lesson. However, I believe as recent reports on the newspaper talk about distraction to driver like the mobile phones, drivers should be aware of this situation and the consequences. While newspaper might not be common in some countries, many use mobile phone to read online news.
I thank the opponent for spending time do research regarding about the usage of mobile phone. From this source( , although 54% of smartphone owners say their phone is not always needed, 46% say it is something they couldn"t live without. This survey shown that users view smartphones as freeing, connecting, helpful, and usually worth the cost. Although I could say mobile phones might not be productivity, I want to emphasize that phone users"s view reflected that they feel happy and satisfied. Psychologist had done researches about how our emotions will affect our mindset, body and thinking. Thus, it is also important to have a positive mindset and chase negativity out of our lives. Although mobile phones are known as a entertainment most of the time, I believe it also work as educational purposes during times in classroom that had been highlighted out in paragraph one. I could say mobile phones are multi-purpose devices.
Back to the point of cyber bullying, communication through the internet had been very common nowadays and teens are interacting across the world without really knowing who is behind the screen. There is a good part and bad part in this case. It is true that as internet became a bigger part of our lives, we need to raise awareness to the outside world. Unfortunately, cases of cyber-bullying have been increasing and people are normally over-sensitive on the internet. As such, schools and parent placed a very important in the teens" lives. No one actually have the power the stop cyber bullying from occurring. People don"t normally take back what they said because they think that no one actually knows them. Words that were told couldn"t be taken back too as it will forever be on the internet. While this seems like it can"t be resolved, one could plays a small part. I think it is only fair to say that what goes around comes around. As more cyber bullying offenders surfaced, victims have also been seen self-harm. Parents should step in to resolve or one should immediately shared this with a adult he or she trusted when he or she felt offended.
While mobile phones allows negative communicates, it is also true that it allows positive ones. Mobile technology allows users to interact with family, friends and colleagues in ways that weren't possible for previous generations. The text and instant messaging functions of cell phones can be used to help those who suffer from vocal communication problems. Some conditions, such as certain forms of autism or diseases of the vocal cords, leave individuals able to understand words but unable to vocalize them. Mobiles offer a portable and unobtrusive way to type what they want to say instead of having to say it aloud, with some phones also offering text-to-speech capabilities. Mobiles phones also make it easier than ever before to communicate with families when one are overseas and often travels.
Playing video games can help boost teenagers" results in crucial subjects such as maths and science, a major international study suggests.
Pupils who enjoy gaming in moderation scored slightly higher overall in international tests and fared particularly well on digitally-based problem solving tasks, according to research published by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). As such, it"s not always a bad thing for pupils to play games. However, it is understood that pupils might get addicted to games and it is usually unhealthy. Apart from this, parents have been taken into consideration to notice this situation. They should limit the time spent in front of the screen of their children and have quality time spent with them.
For the last point, the internet had provided information regarding about ISIS although it had been recruiting members for the killing. The fact that Isis is using internet and social media applications to promote its message may indicate that it does not have strong organic support. Their actions have been monitored and reported via the internet and thus giving the government more time to decide on their next moves.
One of recent case in Singapore was about Amos Yee. He is a talented youth that was first spotted by Jack Neo when Amos first posted a video of him taken on four different acting roles in his "self-written, self-directed film". He then won awards and became a former child actor. However at the age of 17, he was arrested as he posted video that criticizing Lee and compared him with Christianity. Looking at the whole situation, although mobile phone and internet access plays a part at uploading the video and causing a commotion, that does not give an idea that mobile phone is harmful. I can only suggest that what Amos did is incorrect.
In conclusion, the above evidences and points proved that mobile phones do more good than harm.

Greetings opponent. I would like to congratulate you as your argument is a very impressive one and I did have difficulty refuting it. Nevertheless, I will not give up. Now, let me the the ball rolling.

The Internet can be accessed via the computer, Ipad, and other devices. As such, the usefulness of accessibility to the Internet is minimum. A few students also have access to the hard copy and digital dictionary. These kind of specialized dictionaries further 'dilutes' your argument.

' This is partly because almost all teachers confiscate phone from the pupil once they saw them using it without a valid reason.' From what my opponent has said, it is agreeable that my opponent has shown that without teachers, the percentage of students using the phone in class will increase exponentially. In fact, my opponent also stated that some students are willing to take the risk to use the mobile phone. Now, this shows that the degree of addiction is very great. Addictions trigger the right frontal lobe of the brain. This will pump blood from the body to the right frontal lobe, expanding it. If the right frontal lobe of the brain is triggered repeatedly, the person's right frontal lobe will expand permanently. This will cause the deterioration of the body's sense of balance and cognitive function of the hands and fingers. This will also decrease the grip power of a person. From what my opponent has said too, it can be inferred that mobile phone cause students to lack the discipline to take the responsibility for their learning. This also affect a lot of people. From , it is seen that 70% of people said they check their smartphone within an hour of getting up.
56% check their phone within an hour of going to sleep.
48% check over the weekend, including on Friday and Saturday nights.
51% check continuously during vacation.
44% said that they would experience "a great deal of anxiety" if they lost their phone and couldn't replace it for a week.
I am also delighted at the fact that the opponent agreed with my view. From the argument shown above, it is seen that my opponent indirectly stated that students do not take responsibility for their studies due to the mobile phone. As said before, the usefulness and harm of the phone is determined by its use, in this case, my opponent showed that the mobile phone is not properly used.

Since jotting down notes are more efficient and cheaper than mobile phones, it can be seen that the mobile phone is less useful than jotting down notes by a large extent.

Yes, schools do offer time management lessons, however, do they teach students all the negative effects of the mobile phone? Did they give enough lessons? Even if that is so, how many students will actually follow their instructions? Mobile phone addiction is as addictive as drugs and smoking addiction as they both trigger the right frontal lobe of the brain. Let us have a moment of contemplation, if mobile phone addiction is that addictive, will students obey the instructions of teachers given that there will be no penalty for misdeeds? Moreover, it was clearly stated in the previous arguments formed that the usefulness and harm of the mobile phone is determined by its use. You were correct in saying that I own a mobile phone. However, it must be noted that only a few people, including me, use the mobile phone wisely. In the past, it is about what machines do for us, however, he issue is about what the mobile phone do to us. In order to make the mobile phone effective for us, we need to use it wisely. And from the statistics of the uses of mobile phone, this is obviously negative. In reply to your questions, the only survey that can be taken is from the professors and experts who fully understands the mobile phone. It is also questionable if people use their mobile phones with good time management. The source , states that an average 128 minutes of a day is used for the interactions with the mobile phone. Now, this is approximately 13% of the time that humans are awake considering that everyone sleeps for 8 hours. This is a significant number.

From the source , it can be seen that the internet is not used properly and only a minority of mobile phone users search for inspirations in the internet, thus, negating your argument.

I would also try not to disappoint you opponent, but your belief that people put their phone to good use is utterly deluding. From the source , it is seen that only 51% of people think before they post. This is about half the mobile phone user population. I would also like bring up another issue from the source given above. The source states that One million children were harassed, threatened, or subjected to other forms of cyberbullying on Facebook in the past year. The amount of cyberbullying cases are very staggering. Let us take note that this is only in the social media Facebook and that the victims here are only inclusive of children. I would leave my opponent and the readers and voters to judge how many people are actually cyberbullied.

Amanda Todd was ignorant of the consequences, however, why does Amanda Todd look as if she as more fault than the bully in your argument? If your argument was implemented, would all scams, rape, and lies put victims in more fault? So do you mean that the victims should be more severely dealt with? Therefore it is agreeable that the bully was more at fault and that my example is valid and reasonable.

I would also like to state that the information presented at the internet is not always true. Even 'reliable sources' like the wikipedia could be false. This is proven by the group mediawatch. They found out that 90% of the information founded in the internet is false. Now, not everyone search for a lot of sources to look for information due to the hectic lifestyle. As such, most people would have gotten misinformed and might potentially 'dumb down'

Regarding the case of Amos Yee, if you have read my argument carefully, it can be seen that the internet have a negative influence on individuals due to jihadist groups spreading their hate and brutality, resulting in rebellious, corrupt and deluded individuals like Amos Yee.

Due to time constraint, I shall refute more of the arguments put forth by the opponent and bring up more points in the next round. My sincere apology for my tight schedule.

Greetings opponent. I could see the effort you put in for the argument. It is dramatic enough for one to believe that mobile phone do more harm. However, I would like to keep the excitement going.
It is indeed true that internet is accessible via many devices like computer, Ipad etc. I would like to highlight a point that opponent overlooked, the screen size and usage. I broke down the devices into three category namely, laptop, tablets and mobile phones which I wanted to compare a few key stats on each device. If one boarded the bus any random day and looked around his/her surroundings, it won"t be a surprise to find that half or maybe more of the commuters are using phones. Of course, it is also fair to say that some use tablets and few use laptops. While one might rethink about why most of the commuters use phone instead of other devices, I think it is safe to say that mobile phone are actually easier to carry around and they can make phone calls. It may not be their main use any more but most of us still want to be able to speak to our friends and family when out of the house. It is also true to say that some commuters prefer to watch movies and thus a tablet might be a better choice to them, however it normally won"t be the first choice for most people.
For the second point, I find it rather interesting to compare digital dictionary and dictionary application in the phone. It would be less pleasing to reiterate the differences between hard copy dictionary and dictionary application again. I believe not many would fancy flipping the pages to find the matching alphabet. Now going back to the point, I believe it does cost money to buy a digital dictionary. If one looked in app store in one"s phone, online dictionaries namely , Oxford, Merriam-Webster etc; those dictionary applications are all free. I therefore come to the conclusion that if both dictionaries give the same information or an explanation for a particular word by just typing a few alphabets, it is understanding enough to say the online dictionary is more considerable.
Thirdly, I do agree with what the opponent mentioned regarding about the issue regarding pupils using mobile phones in school. Debates are going on in figure out whether students are allowed to use mobile/cell phones in school. One of the example, from ( .Although this includes a little of integrity and helps from teachers, situations like this needs a relatively long period of time to resolve. I looked through what opponent had pointed out regarding about addictions. I did some research and would like to share this research report ( carried out 6 years ago. As the opponent suggested that "reliable sources" including Wikipedia might be giving the false information , I want to point out that this website contains reliable resources. It contains results carried out from experiments about addictions of problematic phone users, the causes and effects. Although this report does not directly link to how I want to go against my opponent"s view, one could have more idea about the issue of addiction. It is clear that this might be one of the harm mobile phones carried and had been seen as a problem as far as researches had proven. From that opponent had highlighted out respecting to the issue of checking phone regularly, it is understood that it could be a habit that might be harmful to the users. However, suggestions made from ( that might help to get rid of this habit. Now, one could argue back that not a lot of people will follow the suggestions and led a better lifestyles. However, if that one among ten people would want to change for the better , I believe it"s an improvement that is worth being glad about.
While what the opponent suggested might be true, it would be better to suggest a few examples to go against my point. In my view, I think it is safe to say that having a soft copy or a hard copy is fine. However I believe most shoppers prefer soft copy when out for a shopping spree. It would be rather difficult to carry a piece of paper written with a list of stuffs we wanted, however mobile phone could play a more significant part in this situation. If one argue back regarding about efficiency and the price, I would like to stress that jotting down notes do waste papers and pen ink. Thus mobile phone has indeed became a great part of our daily lives due to its usefulness.
On the next point, I would like to ask my opponent a question. If you are suggesting that not many students will actually follow the teacher's instruction, how many will? I believe not everyone are addicted to mobile phone like its drugs or smoking, but what percentage of pupils will improve on their usage of phone after the speech or lecture? If there is after all an improvement made after the speech, I do believe one might spend their life more wisely. Now, does it really matter how many students would follow the instructions? Of course after admitting that you use a phone, how sure are you that only a few people out there use mobile devices wisely? And if we considered mobile phone as a multi-purpose device, why are we classifying entertainment as something that will harm us? If one argue that mobile phone could only be used for educational purposes then it should be for sure that mobile phone should not even exist in the first place. People should continue to use hard copy dictionary and spend time reading books for evidences. While it seem to most people phone has been used for entertainment and is pretty much of waste of time. From the source: ( Sure, it's easy to make fun of fans and celebrities and Americans riveted to their televisions watching obese people exercising and getting weighed, but who says people have to engage in serious activities all the time? If we look at what most people have been doing most of the time throughout human history, it's probably not discussing moral philosophy and inventing calculus. And part of the reason for that is that people need rest and recovery time and enjoyable activities: without some sort of stress relief we would self-destruct.
While it seems like the amount of time spent in front of the mobile screen is increasing, it is also obvious that mobile devices are becoming a great part of our life. It is possible to infer that people seem more happy with mobile phone and this might reduce stress. Interactions via phone might be important, urgent or compulsory during some situations and could help save many lives.
From the source my opponent had given, ( it is however not very convincing as it is stated that it researched on 2March2013, about 2 years behind the present. I would like to restate that I'm not only stressing about inspiration quotes in this case but also other positive entertainment resource that would make one's day.
Touching on the topic of cyber bullying, from what the source provided, it is sure that parents are informed about situations like this. They were also taking part in this survey that supports my opponent's statement. Like I said earlier in my argument, parents should indeed get informed about this situation. It is however understood that children are still being cyber bullied now and the only way to reduce it is to prevent it. From source:( both parents and children could play a small part in this prevention. I shall not be disappointed because it indeed need people who are educated and well-taught. This need plenty of time and maybe generations after generations so that people will fully understand what their actions or words could do to one individual.
I would like to skip the topic of Amanda Todd because it is disrespectful to touch on this topic in the form of debate. I apologies and may she rest in peace.
It is a little irony from what you had suggested regarding about the resource. If 90% of the internet resources are not true, are you indirectly suggesting that whatever people had been researching for might not even be half true? If you are suggesting 90% of the internet resources are not true, where the evidence(s)? Are you absolutely sure that the evidence(s) you are going to support lately might be true too? Or is it(them) among the 90% which is untrue. As such, you might gotten misinformed and potentially 'dumb down'.
For my last point, it is true that internet do has negative influence. While it contain negativity, it also contain positive vibes. One of the negative examples might be Amos Yee, but it is understood that no all are like him. Not everyone carries the negative mindset around and upset others. There are indeed plenty of human beings out there who left a mark in this world.
I should end here due to my tight schedule. It is indeed very enjoyable to have such a tough debate with you, my opponent. Hope to hear from you soon.

kkboy500 forfeited this round.

we shall proceed to the next round of debating.

kkboy500 forfeited this round.

This is the ending round of the debate. Although my opponent did not reply to my argument, I would like to thank you for spending time debating with me. Hope to hear from you soon!