Eggetalsm0ke
byaka2013

The moon isn't real

byaka2013

Eggetalsm0ke

Pro

The moon is not real it is a holographic projection
byaka2013

Con

The moon is real. It would cost billions to create such a projection, and many more billions to replicate lunar phenomena (i.e. phases, eclipses). Plus, why are there tides if not for the moon? Several people have been on it and you can see it for yourself anytime, whereas if you look at an actual hologram, it does not look similar. You have the BOP as you made a positive claim and you have failed to fill that burden.
Eggetalsm0ke

Pro

the moon was made of eggs but was cracked so we use big projector now
byaka2013

Con

YOU ARE A TROLL AND HAVE NOT MADE ANY REBUTALLS-I SHOULD WIN
Eggetalsm0ke

Pro

Phoebe: Hello?
Max: [talking to Phoebe on his phone] Mom wants to know if you want more salad.
Phoebe: Why didn't she just ask me? [Barb uses the food pliers to take Phoebe's phone and puts it on the table] Sorry. I was just chirping my friends on Chirper.
Max: [whispering] Phoebs, you're confusing Mom.
Barb: No, she's not. I chirp my friends all the time. We're all like, "Chirp, chirp, girlfriend!"
Phoebe: See, Mom, Chirper is a social networking site. [silence] Let me back up. This is a cell phone. [a horn honks from outside]
Billy: Hey, I know that honk! [they go outside and see the Thundervan] The Thundervan!
Phoebe: Awesome!
Nora: Cool!
Hank: Yep. I got this old crime-fighting machine out of storage from Metroburg.
Barb: Oh, yep. Your father and I chirped up a lot of memories in this swag wagon!
Nora: Mom, don't.
Hank: I gave this baby a new security system, and so the non-supes think it's a normal van, I got a state-of-the-art cloaking device. [opens the car door and gets a sign that says "Hank's Fine Meats" chuckling then puts it on the Thundervan covering the Thundermans logo] Eh?
Max: [talks sarcastically] Wow, Dad, where'd the Thundervan go?
Billy: Come on, let's go for a ride.
Hank: Oh, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, the Thundervan is full of dangerous weapons and gadgets.
Max: [laughing, rubs hands together] Yeah!
Hank: [laughing, rubs hands together, mocking Max] No! This van is off limits to you kids. I only brought it home so Phoebe could start her next level of superhero training.
Phoebe: Wait, for real? I thought Thundervan training started next year.
Hank: Hero University is offering an early admissions test. If you ace it, you could be a full supe before Max could grow a mustache.
Max: Hey! Maxstache is coming in.
Hank: Just think, Phoebe. You could drop the normal teen act and be who you were born to be.
Max: I'll tell you where I was born to be, the driver's seat of that meat wagon. Give me the keys, Hanko.
Hank: Uh-uh. Once you're over your evil phase, then we'll talk.
Max: It's not a phase!
Hank: Then we're done talking.
Barb: Oh, you just got chirped, son! What, what?
Hank: Barb, don't.
[theme song]
[scene changes to show Hank in the living room. Phoebe comes down the stairs]
Phoebe: Are we still training or is Nora having a play date?
Hank: You don't train in the Thundervan until you first practice here in our...
Phoebe: Play date?
Hank: Here, follow along in the manual. [tosses the manual to Phoebe. She catches it, but because it's too heavy, she falls] We'll work on the balance later. But first, this is your driver's seat and these are your navigation controls.
Phoebe: [honks the toy horn, laughing. Hank looks at Phoebe] Continue.
Hank: Your high-tech crime-fighting center is in the back. Now, to go from the back to the front, you swivel. [swivels in his chair]
Phoebe: Got it. Swivel. [does the same]
Hank: Yeah, swivel. [he and Phoebe swivel in their chairs again and again] Faster. Swivel.
Phoebe: Swivel!
Barb: [comes downstairs] Sorry to interrupt your... play date, [Pheobe's phone chirps] but Phoebe's phone is going crazy. She's getting chirped on the chirper. [laughs] I mean, hashtag. Am I right?
Phoebe: Mom, don't. Ooh, uh, Cherry's mom is driving all our friends to the midnight show of Last Teen Mission to Space: Part II. Can I go?
Hank: At midnight tonight? No way!
Phoebe: I know, right?
Hank: No, I mean, "No way."
Phoebe: But, Dad, my friends and I have seen Last Teen Mission to Space: Part I like a million times. I can't miss Part II. Everyone I know is going.
Barb: Aww. She's got a point, Hank.
Hank: But if you stay out late tonight, you'll be too exhausted to train tomorrow.
Barb: He's got a point, Phoebe. [Hank and Phoebe look at her] Not helping. Got it.
Hank: Your early admissions test is in a week.
Phoebe: Wait, a week? That's so soon!
Hank: If you don't know your superhero vehicle inside and out, you'll fail. You don't want to fail, do you?
Phoebe: Of course not. That's Max's thing.
Hank: Exactly. That's why you're not going. You've been preparing for this your whole life. So you miss the movie tonight. Someday they'll make a movie about you.
Phoebe: As long as it's not a flop like someody's movie.
Hank: Hey, Thunderpants the Musical paid for this house.
Phoebe: All right, fine, I'll stay home and study. Where's that Thundervan manual go? [Phoebe sees Max flipping through the manual]
Hank: Max, stop learning.
Max: It was worth it just to hear you say that.
Phoebe: I'll take that. [uses telekenesis to get the book, but when she catches it, she falls again]
Max: Hope that's in your movie. [scene changes to show him in his bedroom. He sniffs his hoodie and shrugs. He puts it on]
Dr. Colosso: Please take me with you, Max. I would do anything for a joyride in the Thundervan.
Max: No can do, Colosso. But I got you this guy to keep you company. [gives Dr. Colosso a stuffed bear]
Dr. Colosso: A stuffed bear? What am I-- a child?
Max: No. You whine way more than a child.
Dr. Colosso: [whines] I do not!
Max: You'll be fine. Just use your imagination. [goes up to the window]
Dr. Colosso: Fine. I'll imagine you care! [Max goes out the window] Like I'm going to play with some toy. [looks at the stuffed bear] Hmm... [scene changes to show Dr. Colosso and the stuffed bear on a rock. Dr. Colosso is wearing a winter hat and jacket. The stuffed bear is wearing a winter jacket as well with a rope tied around its body and a pickaxe] Okay, I'm intrepid explorer Colosso Beauregard, and you're my faithful sidekick Teddy Stuffington. Today we conquer Mount Everest! [the rocks leading up to Max's window are covered in snow. Max sneaks through the backyard and goes behind the kitchen door]
Hank: No, I love you more! [Barb laughs]
Max: Why do I have parents who enjoy each other's company? Just go to bed already!
Hank: You know, I should probably take out the trash. [picks up the garbage bag]
Barb: You're going outside like that?
Hank: Yeah. I'll be so fast, no one's going to see me. Time me! [Max looks for a place to hide. Realizing there's nowhere to hide, he poses as a statue. Hank puts the garbage bag in the garage bin as fast as he can] Like a human cheetah! [he bumps into the door. He opens it and goes inside] How'd I do?
Barb: Super fast, baby!
Hank: Yes! [jumps with joy. Max looks out the kitchen window to see if Hank and Barb are gone. Barb pulls down the blinds.]
Max: Finally. [jumps over the fence, rolls, and crawls over to the Thundervan. He scooches over to the door and types in the passcode. He opens the door. Phoebe is in the Thundervan]
Phoebe: Max?
Max: Aah!
Phoebe: What are you doing in here?
Max: Shh!
Phoebe: Why are you shushing me? The van is soundproof!
Max: Oh. Well, in that case, [yelling] get out! I'm taking it on a joyride.
Phoebe: You get out. I'm trying to study. How'd you even get in here?
Max: Oh, I spent the last hour hacking into Dad's computer to get his password.
Both: "Hamburger."
Max: How'd you know?
Phoebe: I've met him.
Max: Well, since we're both here, let's take this baby to Medieval Munchies. Friday's 2-for-1 turkey leg night.
Phoebe: No, I'm trying to study this manual.
Max: Fine, okay, I'll quiz you. All right, so where is... hyperspeed button?
Phoebe: Uh, there. [points to the button]
Max: Rocket mode button?
Phoebe: There. [points to button]
Max: Button that turns on the van?
Phoebe: Nice try.
Max: Oh, so you don't know where it is?
Phoebe: I'm not falling for that.
Max: Phoebe, it's okay to not know everything about the van.
Phoebe: [pause] It's right there! [points to button. Max uses telekenesis to push Phoebe's hand to press the button. Lights turn on from the back and buttons beep] Max!
Max: Autopilot, take us to Medieval Munchies. [he and Phoebe put on their seatbelts. The van starts moving. Scene changes to show Dr. Colosso and the stuffed bear in Max's bedroom]
Dr. Colosso: Well, Teddy, we're halfway up the mountain. Which way next, my faithful sidekick? [pause] What do you mean,
byaka2013

Con

Here's what you are:
https://m.youtube.com...

You haven't made any rebuttals, and are quite clearly a troll account. Vote con!
Posted by dsjpk5 4 months ago
dsjpk5
It does.
Posted by MrBurns2017 4 months ago
MrBurns2017
Why doesnt the system allows the poster to choose what debaters to avoid, based on certain criteria. That is disappointing ;(
Posted by LogicalPen 4 months ago
LogicalPen
That dude"s entire profile is a troll. He has made other debates and he always says something about eggs.
Posted by byaka2013 4 months ago
byaka2013
@Khons me too
Posted by Khons 4 months ago
Khons
I really hate these troll debates
Posted by Khons 4 months ago
Khons
I really hate these troll debates
Posted by Khons 4 months ago
Khons
I really hate these troll debates
Vote Placed by QueenDaisy 4 months ago
QueenDaisy
Eggetalsm0kebyaka2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The moon is clearly not a hologram, and all Con required to successfully argue their case was to point out that Pro failed to meet their BOP, which Con did. Conduct was borderline, as Con did call Pro a troll, but then Pro was trolling so this seemed less like an insult and more like a dismissal. YouTube not really being used as a source, so no source points. No significant SP&G errors.
Vote Placed by passwordstipulationssuck 4 months ago
passwordstipulationssuck
Eggetalsm0kebyaka2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided no rebuttals and is clearly a troll.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 4 months ago
dsjpk5
Eggetalsm0kebyaka2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro trolled in round three by copying an irrelevant conversation. This is poor conduct.
Vote Placed by Khons 4 months ago
Khons
Eggetalsm0kebyaka2013Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is just a troll