Nokkin
DISHU

The movies better than the books. (Harry Potter)

Nokkin
Started: 7/2/2015 Category: Movies

Nokkin

Con

J.K Rowling's Harry Potter series is more entertaining being read than being watched. The books are a better adventure then the movies ever were.
DISHU

Pro

It's a matter of one's personal choice and their situations. But visually movies are more appealing and time is immensely saved .If a working person got a weekend to enjoy ,he/she would rather prefer for movie than reading a book.
Nokkin

Con

The reason why books are better is because of the time.. While reading, you learn the personal thoughts of each character. You learn and experience every detail the authors mind has. During the Harry Potter movies, you hardly ever know what Harry is actually thinking.
The books are better than the movies because
1) The adventure is more in detail and the reader learns about each character from a persons view, while in a movie, you watch Harry instead of "be Harry.."
2) The movies do miss important details that the book had and gets the looks of the characters wrong.
3)Reading the books, you become emotional towards the characters because you get to look deep into their own thoughts. The adventure is greater and more personal in the books than the movies.
DISHU

Pro

DISHU forfeited this round.
Nokkin

Con

Nokkin forfeited this round.
DISHU

Pro

I hereby put forward some more points which tells movies are better than books,
The Social Aspect: We can go to the movies with our friends. More importantly,we can watch a movie at home with everyone gathered in the room chatting and eating and it is a very social experience. I don"t know about you, but when I read, I have had people steal the book out of my hands, throw water at me and clap their hands over my eyes to get my attention while I'm reading. It is not a social event.
Action sequences :yes we can read action sequences but I find them quite dull. Particularly sword fights. Please do not describe everything single thrust and parry to me if you expect me to still be reading by the time the battle is over. However, in movies" they define the show don"t tell theory. It is a lot more exciting to watch a sword fight than to read a blow by blow commentary on a sword fight.
And how can we forget about time. If I spend the entire weekend watching movies, I can probably knock over about twelve movies. Movies skip out a lot of detail that appears in books, plus they don"t need to describe scenes to you, they just flash a picture and move on. They are quicker in conveying the story.
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 1 year ago
SirMaximus
NokkinDISHUTied
Reasons for voting decision: Before the debate, I agreed with Con that the Harry Potter movies are not better than the books, and after the debate, I still agree with Con because nobody's arguments influenced me either way, which I'll get to shortly. Con and Pro tied for conduct, as Con and Pro forfeited an equal number of rounds. Con had better spelling and grammar. I counted that Con had 7 spelling and grammar errors, while Pro had 9. (There may have been more, that's just what I counted.) Con and Pro tied for who had more convincing arguments, as all of their reasons were subjective. It's subjective whether taking the time to learn about the characters or seeing a story go by quickly is better. Con and Pro tied for reliable sources, as no one used any sources.