27376
Mussab

The muslim extremist need to stop making threats towards depictions of muhammed

27376

Pro

I do not mean to insult anybody. And i am not saying that racism towards muslims is correct.
First round is acceptance.
It is impossible to join(or at least it should) , so please talk to me in comments first and i will invite you.
Mussab

Con

I accept the debate. However I need to make one single note. I'm not defending violence or such.
Hopefully I would convince you or you would convince me.
27376

Pro

Everyother major religion's prophet can be made fun of except for Islam's prophet, Muhammad. I wouldn't normally say made fun of but in southparks fight to show Muhammad on ComedyCentrals network. The following two videos is part of a two part episode. It shows different celebreties trying to get Muhhamed's "goo" that makes him impossible to be made fun of(1 and 2).
But in the third video (which is the uncensered version of kyle's speech at the end) shows that south park is admitting that the only reason why comedy central did not show muhammad or speech his name is because south park was threatened by violence. They say that the muslims dont do that because of their ability to create violence.
The muslims even threatened south park afterward because they showed muhammad in a bear costume. And it didn't even end up being muhammad, it was santa.
In another instance, a danish cartoonist did his job by drawing muhammad and later on got attacked with an axe.(4) thats not right. I garauntee you that if that was jesus or buddha he would have been concidered a great cartoonist.
This is my point exactly, innocent people who are doing nothing but their job creating a little laugh on a saturday morning get killed because Muslim extremist can't accept seeing muhammad.

(1)http://pollystreaming.com...
(2)http://pollystreaming.com...
(3)http://m.liveleak.com...
(4)http://www.theguardian.com...
Mussab

Con

The reason Muslims attack cartoonists who draw Muhammed is because we warned people not to. We don't draw our prophets, and we don't want you to do that. Let's look at South Park. Our prophet in a bear costume? It's insulting to me seeing my prophet portrayed as a man in a bear costume.
I can't see the Danish cartoonist's drawing because it's part of my religion not to see that. However, the story says that he was asked by his newspaper. Now I'm against violence BUT I am supporting lawsuit or any other sort of action on the newspaper.
I see you are saying that because Christians or Buddhists don't get mad over drawings, we shouldn't. I don't see the correlation. Should we obey the other religions? Should we draw our prophets because they drew Jesus or Buddha?
I don't see any respect or morals in making fun of another religion's prophet.
27376

Pro

As a christian, i do not draw jesus. I dont want anyone else to draw him. But it still happens. People have the right to free speech in america. Americans can say whatever due to the first ammendment. But muslim extremist are taking that away just as violently as they took away the twin towers.
South park would not have of drawn muhammad in a bear costume if it was ok to draw him normally. On a different episode were they were about to show muhammad. But he got cencered out (obviously). So afterward south park said that he was normal and that it wasnt so bad to show him. (1)
If you dont support violence, then why are the extremist creating violence and threating people.
Christians, buddhist, mormons, etc get just as mad as muslims when they see their prophet (south park had the Buddha snorting cocaine for goodness sakes) but they do not create unnececary violence. If they want that to never happen again they will do peaceful protests.
The main reason why south park peobably did that was to show that they are not scared of muslim extremists and their weapons.

(1)http://pollystreaming.com...
(19:40-20:40 should do, but you can resf of it)
Mussab

Con

You don't see anything wrong with drawing Jesus or Buddha. But we don't have to be the same as you. It's a matter of respect. Why do you draw the prophet of some people who don't want you to draw him?
"People have the right to free speech in america. Americans can say whatever due to the first ammendment"
First of all, these are man-made laws. Meaning that people can change the rules to their likings. If you are granted the right to free speech, you don't abuse it. The same way you are allowed a car but you aren't allowed to abuse it.
"South park would not have of drawn muhammad in a bear costume if it was ok to draw him normally."
Well maybe you shouldn't draw him anyway. Change the script. Everyone knows what happened to the Danish painter and what an extremist did to him. Why repeat the same thing?
"The main reason why south park peobably did that was to show that they are not scared of muslim extremists and their weapons."
If you want to challenge someone. Don't complain because he reacted.
You claimed they challenged the extremists. Same rule applies.
27376

Pro

27376 forfeited this round.
Mussab

Con

......Oh look! A bee.......
27376

Pro

27376 forfeited this round.
Mussab

Con

I saw a comment and I thought I clarified this at first. I'm not in anyway saying that violence should be used towards depictions of our Prophet. I am arguing that a violent reaction is natural. A society has its short-tempered and patient, crazy and sane, peaceful and violent. So you ought to not give those people an excuse to be violent in the first place. You see what happens everyday but you still ignore reality hoping that someday they will "change". While I'm just sitting here waiting for you to learn the lesson. Some people won't like what I said, some will probably vote for Pro in this case, but what's said is said.
Posted by lomana 2 years ago
lomana
Im not in favour of violence .

But why is it that , to make people laugh one has to make use of such personalities that are the beloveds of another?

Is that freedom of speech?

Talking about freedom of speech,
I hope I have the freedom of speech to make the following point,
What happens to" freedom of speech " if someone denies holocaust or makes fun of it? (Not in favour of denying holocaust, not in favour of making fun of holocaust , only making my point here) . But if one does, then it is highly disliked etc etc and it is not considered as ones expression of opinion using his right I.e freedom of speech.

Atheists do not believe in 'religion' so they would not have the understanding that other faiths or religions should not be insulted,
but those who follow a religion, be it any religion, should atleast have the decency in them to not abuse such personalities.

Those who think islam is violent with all the killing and stuff. Practically , if (God forbid) someone is attacked by another then, he would definitely try to defend himself, this is called self defense, and as per islam self defense is allowed , the verses of the quran are misused to make islam appear as a violent religion .

And those who think muslims took the twin towers away from you, please make some efforts and you would find documentaries showing that 9/11 was an inside job.

(NOT IN FAVOUR OF VIOLENCE) .
Posted by Complicated-Character 2 years ago
Complicated-Character
Freedom of speech. Tolerance. Islam is a corruption of the bible. But I will accept muslims, just like how atheists accept us christians while telling us we believe in fairytales. That's all there is too it. Sticks and stones, folks. You can get mad, but don't get violent.
Posted by 27376 2 years ago
27376
Thats right, huh. Whats it called then so i can use correct terminology.
Posted by Teemo 2 years ago
Teemo
Being racist has nothing to do with religion.
Posted by Mussab 2 years ago
Mussab
Posted by 27376 2 years ago
27376
I invited you just now. I
Posted by Mussab 2 years ago
Mussab
I would've accepted this debate if it wasn't that my age doesn't allow me to.