KingDebater
imabench

The name of fans of "1D" should be changed to "Signposts" to reflect their intelligence.

KingDebater

Pro

Full Resolution: The name of fans of the band 'One Direction' should be changed from 'Directioners' to 'Signposts' to reflect their intelligence.

The thought is quite clever really, as Signposts have directions on them (One Direction) and these 'Directioners' are in fact the intellectual equivalent to signposts [1].

What is the actual purpose of a Directioner? It's to do really dumb things like sit in a tent for three weeks just waiting to buy the new One Direction key ring for £599.95 or even listen to One Direction's music [Gasp!].

Normal people like me just cannot understand how a 'Directioner' can listen to music worse than this [2] for more than 0.00000000001 nanoseconds.

[1] http://jacob-gibbs.blogspot.co.uk...;
[2] ;(the video)
imabench

Con

I believe that 1D fans should not be known as 'signposts' simply because that would be an insult to the intelligence of signposts......

Signposts are able to provide important information to people as quickly and efficiently as possible, which makes them infinitely smarter then 1D fans.

If you want to give a name to 1D fans that better reflects their intelligence, then it would be more accurate to call them 'Democrats'

;D
KingDebater

Pro

I thank Imabench for accepting this debate.

Ballistic Bench says: 'I believe that 1D fans should not be known as 'signposts' simply because that would be an insult to the intelligence of signposts......

'
If you want to give a name to 1D fans that better reflects their intelligence, then it would be more accurate to call them 'Democrats''

I think that it's perfectly okay to insult signposts because they can't hear you or feel pain. I know this because sometimes I spend whole days just jumping up and down next to a signpost dishing out insults to it, and there have never been any tears or temper tantrums or anything. Just a plain ol' signpost.

Although incredibly subtle, there are signs that Democrats feel pain. I spent a whole day just jumping up and down angrily dishing out insults to it and after 23 hours and 59 minutes, it said 'Potato' in a slightly sad tone.

Surprisingly enough, a Directioner can be used to provide information to people also, and not just their 'I heart 1D' shirts. Just write some information on their clothing or forehead or something and provided you doing that doesn't take longer than 5 hours, their reaction time will be too slow for them to prevent you from doing it.

What's the IQ on that thing?

Indeed, that is a very good question. According to the most reliable website in the history of forever [1], the IQ of Directioners and signposts is the same, at 0. However, the IQ of a Democrat is -6.

But Mr King Debater, Why is that so?

Well Kip, from personal experience, I can tell you that the vocabulary of a Democrat is simply the word 'Potato'. However, Directioners have a vocabulary composing of 6 words, those 6 words being "What", "I'm", "Just", "A", "Friendly" and "Potato". Umm.. But uh... Mr King de-debater, what about Signposts/Democrats etc.?
Two things for you, Kip. First of all, Kip, if that is your real name, sort out that speech impediment. Second, I'll answer your question. Democrats have a special dumbness about them meaning that they're the only substance in the entire history of forever that has a negative IQ. As for Signposts, they don't have that ability.

Well, f-f-f-thanks Mr King debater
You're very welcome, Kip!

I thank you.

imabench

Con

"I think that it's perfectly okay to insult signposts because they can't hear you or feel pain. I know this because sometimes I spend whole days just jumping up and down next to a signpost dishing out insults to it"

You live a very weird life sir....

"Although incredibly subtle, there are signs that Democrats feel pain. I spent a whole day just jumping up and down angrily dishing out insults to it and after 23 hours and 59 minutes, it said 'Potato' in a slightly sad tone. "

That certainly sounds like something a Democrat would say so I cant really dispute this.....

"Surprisingly enough, a Directioner can be used to provide information to people also, and not just their 'I heart 1D' shirts. Just write some information on their clothing or forehead or something and provided you doing that doesn't take longer than 5 hours, their reaction time will be too slow for them to prevent you from doing it."

You cant just walk up to a 1D fan and write something on their forhead! 1D fans are like cats, they'll bite you.

" According to the most reliable website in the history of forever [1] the IQ of Directioners and signposts is the same, at 0. However, the IQ of a Democrat is -6."

The source doesnt work, which means it probably isnt the most reliable website in the history of forever considering that it doesnt work....

"Directioners have a vocabulary composing of 6 words, those 6 words being "What", "I'm", "Just", "A", "Friendly" and "Potato"."

But democrats can only say "OBAMA 2012", while sign posts say things like "At the next intersection, I must warn you that the lane on the far right hand side of the street is only for right handed turns onto the intersecting street"

Democrats can say 1 word and 1 number,
1D fans can only say 6 words,
Signposts can say multiple words,

therefore its better to refer to them as 'Democrats' rather then 'signposts'

"Democrats have a special dumbness about them meaning that they're the only substance in the entire history of forever that has a negative IQ."

You forget about Sarah Palin, Rick Santorum, George Bush, and any other Republican who republican voters are ashamed to be affiliated with....

============================================================

My point is, 1D fans should not be referred to as 'signposts' since it is an insult to the intelligence of signposts to compare them to 1D fans....

Thanks for reading, hope I didnt kill too many of your brain cells :D
Posted by BronyMage 3 years ago
BronyMage
Hah! I was expecting the contender to argue that we shouldn't lower living, human beings to the intelligence level of inanimate objects or something like that... Instead, I was in for an amusing twist.
However, I do happen to have evidence that directioners can, in fact, be, in some cases, more intelligent than signposts. For I have a girl in my class who is, alas, a directioner; also a self-proclaimed hipster, which we know isn't very likely, since hipsters aren't supposed to admit that they're hipsters, and she's so obviously not a hipster if she conforms to the cultural herd that surrounds her enough that she buys into whatever the hot, new boy-band is... -.- so it's much more likely that she's rather but a poser, and a strange one at that, since hipsters aren't a group of generally positive reception... However, she also ranks in the top quarter of my class academically, which is something a signpost probably couldn't do, at least not in this day and age, when so little attention is paid to the technological development of signposts.
Oh, and I was just itching to ask this while reading this debate: By "democrats," you guys did mean, "republicans," right?
Posted by GOP 3 years ago
GOP
Lolololololoololololololololololololololol!!!!