Claira
BLAZETV12

The one-child policy in People's Republic of China is a good thing

Claira

Con

I am arguing that the one-child policy in China is not a good thing and that it should not continue.

First round is only for acceptance. The debate will start in Round 2. There are only 3 rounds in this debate as the first round is just for acceptance.

Voting period shall be for 1 week. Please vote based on which argument you think is stronger, not based on your personal opinion. Thank you.
BLAZETV12

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for opening this debate, and allowing me to argue against said position.
Claira

Con

Thank you for your response.
First of all, I don't think that this policy is right because it can cause a population decrease. Also, because of this, China has more males than females. Parents who don't get the baby of the gender they want may harbour hatred for their child and may even abort the baby and try to get another one. If they are unable to abort the baby, they would have no choice but to keep it and they definitely would not be too happy about this. So, even before the baby is born, the parents already despise it. Imagine what would happen when the baby grows up. The child would grow up without loving parents who might even neglect him/her or vent their frustration on him/her.

Second, the one-child policy causes a population decrease. The number of males and females are not equal and this will lead to less children being born because there will be less couples. And there is no gurantee that all of these couples would even have a baby.

Third, the population is again rapidly. There are a lot of older people in China and less younger people so it will be hard to find a lot of people to do work that is hard for older people to do.
BLAZETV12

Pro

I feel so dumb right now. I thought for some weird reason you agreed with the one child policy! IM SO SORRY. I AGREE WITH YOU ITS WRONG. so im sorry, and in return I will vote for you to win the debate. Again I sorry I misread the debate question and your stance. I LOSE.
Claira

Con

Claira forfeited this round.
BLAZETV12

Pro

BLAZETV12 forfeited this round.
Claira

Con

Claira forfeited this round.
BLAZETV12

Pro

BLAZETV12 forfeited this round.
Posted by Claira 3 years ago
Claira
@BLAZETV12 Awwww......do you still want to try and debate it though? I know you're against it but do you want to debate this for the fun of debating?