Domochi
funnycn

The parents should be responsible for any bullying their children do.

funnycn

Domochi

Pro

I'll take any opponent who is ready
funnycn

Con

I'm ready. I will let you argue first.

Domochi

Pro

A child is not consider an adult till the age of 18. Till then the parent is held responsible for every action their children make. A parent has to keep a close watch on child in this generation, because social media is making it easier for a child to bully and be bullied. You may say a parent can't always watch their children and they can not see what they do at school, wrong! Today generation is posting everything they do on the social media or through their phone. Parents can also now watch children messages to see if their child is bullying. Phone messages can be linked to a parent email and can see every received and sent message. Their is no valid excuse for parent not to stop bullying, so why are we not charging both child and parent? Because society see it as the child fault and not the one raising the child. The one who was suppose to put morals and values into their child lives. I swear to you ladies and gentlemen if parent where now to be put on trial for letting their children bully another child, their will be less youth bully. And maybe a life, a young life would be saved.
funnycn

Con

]
"A child is not consider an adult till the age of 18. Till then the parent is held responsible for every action their children make."

Should the parents be responsible? What if they weren't aware of the child's acts at school?

"A parent has to keep a close watch on child in this generation, because social media is making it easier for a child to bully and be bullied"

Social media has made it easier yes, however some parents don't monitor their child's actions on the social media websites. Further more, if they did monitor what if they didn't find the posts about the bullying?

"You may say a parent can't always watch their children and they can not see what they do at school, wrong! Today generation is posting everything they do on the social media or through their phone. Parents can also now watch children messages to see if their child is bullying. Phone messages can be linked to a parent email and can see every received and sent message"

Actually, that's IF they decide to. Some parents feel like their child is responsible and may not need monitoring.

"Their is no valid excuse for parent not to stop bullying, so why are we not charging both child and parent? Because society see it as the child fault and not the one raising the child."

There is no excuse, however the parent shouldn't be charged with child harassment because of their child's poor actions. Guess what, some children ignore their parents and choose their own path. Sadly, bullying is one of them.

"The one who was suppose to put morals and values into their child lives."

Define morals. Why? Not every parent shares the same morals. Parents tell their children being gay is okay. Others say being gay is horrible. The whole gay debate falls into the category of morals that can't be defined.

"I swear to you ladies and gentlemen if parent where now to be put on trial for letting their children bully another child, their will be less youth bully. And maybe a life, a young life would be saved."

Oh really? Can you actually prove that? The child could get relocated and just bully more people. If we followed your plan, almost every parent would go to jail because there are
A) A lot of bullies
B) People who lie about being bullied
C) People who act like they're bullying but are just messing around
D) People who feel like they're bullied but not really. People can be rude sometimes. That's not bullying, that's being a dick.

Now my argument

A)
There is no evidence that if a child's parent isn't arrested because their child bullies, there would be less bullying. If a child is arrested for killing a person and the parents get arrested too, there will still be teenagers killing other people.

Let's look at a chart.

According to this chart, children 6-9 years are bullied most emotionally. However, children often pick on each other without knowing they're really causing problems. Want proof?

Children at this younger age, mostly 6 and 7 are developing one big skill they'll use in the future. Language. It's proven multiple times. Children at the ages of 6 through 11 lie more. In a test, children of the ages 3-11 were given a bar of soap. When asked if they liked it, most of them said "yes". Later, they admitted to saying they disliked the gift. Or in short, they lied.
[http://www.realsimple.com...]

One study shows that children from 6-10 lied about every 90 minutes.
[http://www.realsimple.com...]

Why? They're devoping their language skills and they don't know that lying is bad.

How does this fit into my argument you ask? To simply put it, they aren't aware what they are doing is bad as mentioned before. Why do they tease though? A few reasons. One big reason is attention. If calling someone else a name makes them happy, they'll do it a lot. This leads to bullying. However...the parent may not be aware of this and since they lie a lot (as mentioned above) if they're caught their parents will take his/her side and will believe him. Unless of course, the proof is obvious. The child isn't really aware that the teasing is causing problems unless

A) The child being teased cries and gets help
or B) they know that it's bad

In short, they don't really know teasing is wrong until they get older and they do it for attention and they're learning how to use their language skills and don't realize it's bad.
[http://preschoolers.about.com...]
BACK TO THE CHART!

Let's look at the teenage area. 14-17.
Internet harassment is pretty high, as well as the emotional and physical hasn't dropped much from 10-13. You're probably thinking "They ought to know it's wrong now"
Right? Well yes, but they don't care until they are caught. Cyber bullying is a little tricky when it comes to getting caught. Why?

1. Parents feel like their child is responsible and doesn't need monitoring
2. It's over the internet. Unless the victim and the bully know each other directly, all information could be fabricated and thus makes it a little harder for the bully to get caught.

It's illegal to bully over the internet, however, people don't get arrested often. Victims don't tell and when a bully is caught, their account gets deleted. Problem solved? Nope. Make another account. This is why it's easy to get bullied online. You can keep reporting but they'll keep coming back. It's still possible to get caught. If the victim kills themself, a full investigation will be brought forward. Even then, the bullies may not get arrested depending on age.

Take it away pro.
Domochi

Pro

In the state I live in,Ohio. A minor is charged with a felony for cyber bullying. I'm not talking about preschool and little children games. I am talking about the 15- 17 year olds who should know better. Four teens have died in my high school due to bullying and the parents did nothing to stop it. Some parent even in courage bullying. Why shouldn't they it has no effect in their life. Only affects the teen life not theirs. And a parent job is to monit their child! You say a parent doesn't have too, but what real parent doesn't. Parents today are lacking in punishment. Making this generation of children a mess of lack of discipline and ignornant. If punishing the parent, leads to more discipline in the child. My opponent would like to point out flaws in my argument instead of making his own. Well point the flaw out of this, if parents were held responsible this would lead to a better discipline child; because now it not only the child life on stake but the parent as well.
funnycn

Con

"m not talking about preschool and little children games"

I know. The last paragraph was about teenagers, in case you didn't read it.

"Some parent even in courage bullying"

Oh really? Can you prove that? You haven't included any sources I'd like to see one.

" And a parent job is to monit their child! You say a parent doesn't have too, but what real parent doesn't"

I said they didn't have monitor them? No, I said some just don't monitor them. I never said a parent shouldn't monitor their children.

"My opponent would like to point out flaws in my argument instead of making his own"

Clearly not paying attention to my argument. Not only did I refute your argument but I posted my own. Half of a debate is refuting the argument and the other half is establishing your own. What do you mean all I did was focus on your argument?

"Now my argument" is actually part of MY ARGUMENT.

" if parents were held responsible this would lead to a better discipline child; because now it not only the child life on stake but the parent as well."

The child would be in a juvenile detention center if caught cyberbullying or a jail. Because prisons do a better job at parenting than a real parent now.

And before my opponent argues that all I did was make a rebuttal let me state this..

MY ORIGINAL ARGUMENT IS POSTED BELOW

Let's get started.

I will continue where I left off before...

I said in the last argument of mine "The bullies may not get arrested depending on age"

Let's look into that, shall we? Before we jump into legal issues, cyberbullying can grow at a young age so my opponents claim about "little children games" can be more than that on the Internet. It can begin at ages as young as 9.
[http://www.ikeepsafe.org...]
Not a "little game" anymore is it? Remember how I discussed lying and language skills earlier?

"To simply put it, they aren't aware what they are doing is bad as mentioned before. Why do they tease though? A few reasons. One big reason is attention. If calling someone else a name makes them happy, they'll do it a lot. This leads to bullying. However...the parent may not be aware of this and since they lie a lot (as mentioned above) if they're caught their parents will take his/her side and will believe him. Unless of course, the proof is obvious. The child isn't really aware that the teasing is causing problems unless

or B) they know that it's bad

[http://preschoolers.about.com......]"

And the parents might think their little boy or girl just met a friend on the internet (note we aren't talking facebook here. I'm talking about webkinz or something with more little kids. Yes creeps target children but for the sake of this debate, I'm not jumping into that) and won't monitor every single conversation and babysitters won't care at all. So how can any adult be held responsible? There are bad parents but that doesn't mean when a child goes out to school and bullies kids the parents should be arrested.

Further note-I don't justify bullying. I don't say it's right but I do think parents being held accountable for a child's bad actions when the parents are good is not justice.
Domochi

Pro

Domochi forfeited this round.
funnycn

Con

My opponent has forfeit the last round.
Posted by flash7221 2 years ago
flash7221
I agree with the persons comment below me. Parents are not always there to make sure their kids do everything they want them to do. And keep in mind, they are kids. Have you been a kid? Surely you disobeyed your parents often. Parents cannot be blamed for the kids actions, but the parents can be blamed for not punishing their kid if their kid is bullying. Then the child thinks it is okay to bully since their parents do not punish them for doing it.
Posted by Georgiaheartandsoul 2 years ago
Georgiaheartandsoul
I don't really think the parents should be responsible for what their kids do. But they should DEFINITELY be responsible for punishing their kids for the wrong things they do. And I don't mean taking their phone away, I mean like whipping them with a belt or paddle. (And no that is NOT child abuse) spare the rod spoil the child
Posted by MykSkodar 2 years ago
MykSkodar
I would definitely hold parents accountable.
Posted by Abielecki 2 years ago
Abielecki
Nooooooooooooooooo
Posted by flash7221 2 years ago
flash7221
This one should be interesting...
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
DomochifunnycnTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff, pro only one to use sources
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
DomochifunnycnTied
Reasons for voting decision: I wasn't very impressed by Con's arguments, but Pro went off on a tangent and then disappeared. Bravo, points to Con.
Vote Placed by Cooldudebro 2 years ago
Cooldudebro
DomochifunnycnTied
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
DomochifunnycnTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture.