Koopin
studentathletechristian8

The patriots will win the game tomorrow agianst the colt

studentathletechristian8
Started: 11/14/2009 Category: Sports

Koopin

Pro

I believe that the Patriots are going to win tomorrow against the colts.

PS: This debate is not really that serious, there's almost a 50% 50% of winning this.
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for the debate and the readers for the opportunity.

I negate the resolution, "The [P]atriots will win the game tomorrow ag[ain]st the [C]olt[s]."

As Instigator and Pro, it is my opponent's responsibility to uphold the resolution. If I am able to refute my opponent, the resolution shall be negated.

Quick definitions:

Patriots - New England Patriots - a professional American football team based in the Greater Boston area, playing their home games in the town of Foxborough, Massachusetts at Gillette Stadium. The team is part of the East Division of the American Football Conference (AFC) in the National Football League (NFL). [1]

Colts- Indianapolis Colts - a professional American football team based in Indianapolis, Indiana. They are members of the South Division of the American Football Conference (AFC) in the National Football League (NFL). [2]

When my opponent states that the Patriots will beat the Colts in their game tomorrow, he is giving an absolute statement. My opponent must prove that the Patriots will, in fact, beat the Colts in the game tomorrow.

However, my opponent cannot prove the resolution. Tomorrow morning, Tom Brady, along with the rest of his offense and a good portion of the defense, may get sick and have to forfeit the game to the Colts. It is impossible for my opponent to prove that the Patriots will win the game tomorrow. He may prove that the Patriots are likely to win, but he cannot prove that the Patriots will win. Thus, the resolution is negated.

My opponent has two days to post an argument. This gives him enough time to watch the game and see what the outcome is. However, in this debate, he must prove that the Patriots will win. Simply stating that the Patriots have won is not proving his side, it is merely showing the outcome of the game. My opponent must prove the Patriots will win, and has so far yet to do so. I heavily urge a Con vote. Thank you.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org...
Koopin

Pro

Thank you for excepting this debate. If you would have continued to read my argument, you would have seen that I said
"I believe that the Patriots are going to win tomorrow against the colts."
Believe means to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so.

I do not have to prove that the Patriots will win. Please be sure to read the argument before you post yours.

Now, the reason I believe the Patriots will win is because, even though the Patriots have lost two games, and the colts have lost non, is because the Patriots have played tougher teems then the colt this year. The colts have been playing easy teams so far. But tonight is going to be their hardest games

I must not prove that the Patriots are going to win, please do some more research on word meanings. Pro vote is obvious.

http://www.nfl.com...
http://dictionary.reference.com...
studentathletechristian8

Con

I thank my opponent for the response.

Although my opponent may have stated that he believes the Patriots will beat the Colts, that does not support his side.
The resolution of this debate is, ""The [P]atriots will win the game tomorrow ag[ain]st the [C]olt[s]." There is no mention of my opponent's belief in that resolution. I have been able to negate the resolution successfully. If this was not my opponent's intention, then he should learn to write a resolution in a more effective manner.

In my opponent's argument, he states that he believes the Patriots will win. However, according to the resolution, he must prove that they WILL win. My opponent has not been able to do so.

"I do not have to prove that the Patriots will win. Please be sure to read the argument before you post yours."
According to the resolution, you do. You did not even post a viable argument. Stating that you believe something will happen gives no proof or evidence. Please be sure to check your resolution before creating a debate.

"Now, the reason I believe the Patriots will win is because, even though the Patriots have lost two games, and the colts have lost non, is because the Patriots have played tougher teems then the colt this year. The colts have been playing easy teams so far. But tonight is going to be their hardest games."
Although the Patriots may have played tougher games than the Colts, that does not prove that they will win. Heck, everyone on the Patriots could become ill in ten minutes and be forced to forfeit, giving the Colts the victory. That is a possibility, and thus proves that the Patriots will not necessarily win.

"I must not prove that the Patriots are going to win, please do some more research on word meanings. Pro vote is obvious."
According to the resolution, you must prove that the Patriots will / are going to win. You have not. Do some research on how to create a resolution. Con vote is obvious. Thank you.
Posted by studentathletechristian8 4 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Hey buddy: shoulda' coulda' woulda'. The Colts won, so man up and admit your error.
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
yea, The Patriots should have won, but their dumb coach made the worst 4th down call ever!
studentathletechristian8
Colts win; 35-34!
studentathletechristian8
Yes, thank you Nags ;)
Posted by Xer 4 years ago
Xer
Easy win for Con.
studentathletechristian8
Although the Colts have four of the defensive starters out, I think they can pull it off. They're my favorite team.
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
lol
Posted by ournamestoolong 4 years ago
ournamestoolong
Of course the patriots will beatthe Colt, its a horse. Patriots>Horse
Posted by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
Oh, thanks for pointing that out, I fixed it.
I have been waiting for this game since January
Posted by crackofdawn_Jr 4 years ago
crackofdawn_Jr
You're pro that the patriots will beat the colts, but in your argument you say that the colts will beat the colts...?
Vote Placed by Alex 4 years ago
Alex
Koopinstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by wonderwoman 4 years ago
wonderwoman
Koopinstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by L_Bloodless 4 years ago
L_Bloodless
Koopinstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by studentathletechristian8 4 years ago
studentathletechristian8
Koopinstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Alexby1 4 years ago
Alexby1
Koopinstudentathletechristian8Tied
Vote Placed by Koopin 4 years ago
Koopin
Koopinstudentathletechristian8Tied