AbirHBK
Jathushan

The pen is better than the sword.

Jathushan

AbirHBK

Pro

This debate is never ending and has been going out for many years. Still the first round will be to accept the debate.
So, Do you accept it?
Jathushan

Con

I will thank you to have this debate and I shall accept this debate.
AbirHBK

Pro

Thank you Jatushan for accepting my argument.
And now my argument :

"History repeats itself." This has been proven itself time and time again. We can usually predict the future by what has happened in the past. When dealing with this pen proverb, I must agree. Going back to what I was saying earlier, history repeats itself. In the past, peoples have been oppressed by the biggest swords. But, it was never permanent. Look to the American Revolution, the Vietnam War, even Hitler's Europe. "What do those have in common?" you say. Well, In all of these, the populace was oppressed by the sword. But, who came out on top? Who, through underground "penmanship" designed for the overthrow of the sword?

The sword is often overtaken by the pen, having been proved by history multiple times.
"The pen is mightier than the sword."
Affirmed.
VOTE PRO
Jathushan

Con

I see your point of which the usage of pens is through writing and for other necessities in life, however, in history, there was a lot of turning points due to the sword. The problem is that not all history of the world was solved by a constitution or treaties as many fights that have occurred in the early periods of time were not solved so easily and thus the usage of the sword was necessary. The many turning points that the sword help make is through wars like the Fall of the Ancient Egyptians, the rise of the Romans and all the ancient civilizations. Also, swords were used capital punishment and also for surgery purposes. The pen may be widely used now, however, as the sword has been replaced by the gun, the pen shall be replaced by typing. As you see, the swords came first and left first. It soon may be time when pens will take their leave.
AbirHBK

Pro

AbirHBK forfeited this round.
Jathushan

Con

Jathushan forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Naysayer 4 years ago
Naysayer
AbirHBKJathushanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never refuted Con's arguments.