grass
Fummy

The peter Jackson films are cool

Started: 11/27/2014 Category: Movies

grass

Pro

Some people think peter Jackson did a bad job on the hobbit and lord of the rings. Witch he did in some parts, but I think they are well done and very entertaining, and are cool movies. They follow the books most of the time, and the extra story's he added made it cool as well.

your turn.
Fummy

Con

Personally, I did not enjoy any of Peter Jackson's movies of recently for many reasons.

1- He did not stick to the book in the 'The Hobbit' series of movies as much as I would have liked him to. The extras he added were not as good as Pro are saying.

2- A lot of his films (The Lovely Bones springs to mind) were boring, lackluster and dreary as hell. His imagery was good, I;ll admit, but other than that, he spoiled what I thought at first was a great book, but I now think of it as an awful movie.

3- I generally don't like the themes that he uses (violence, graphic violence, murder, horror)

Your turn.
grass

Pro

Well, since it is the movie, it is always not gonna be exactly the same as the books, and not as good. But Adding the small sub-story's to the movies, make it feel, well cool. (to me, sorry if this is wrong, please forgive me) your turn.
Fummy

Con

It is not as good as the books, as you said yourself. It does not add any extra elements of enjoyment whatsoever. Sub-stories are for movies that are based off such small books that they don't have enough action. The Hobbit is not one of these books, yet Peter Jackson just uses sub-stories as filler to fill up extra space and thus earn more money. This process of adding extra sub-stories is not cool, it's just totally commercialized.

It's been fun debating you. Thank you :-)
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 2 years ago
Tommy.leadbetter
I say normal people what I should say is kids, its good for kids. Or it's okay, not the best, I enjoyed it as a child anyway. But I enjoy the book as an adult.
Posted by Tommy.leadbetter 2 years ago
Tommy.leadbetter
I tempted because I think the films where great for normal people but a flop for intelligent, refined people and people who know the books and love the story.
Posted by grass 2 years ago
grass
Terms: better then what what people who don't like them, say. sorry.
Posted by David.Cameron 2 years ago
David.Cameron
Never forget The Lovely Bone(r)s
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Ragnar
Please define your terms, otherwise there are too many definitions of cool for you stand much of a chance.
Posted by grass 2 years ago
grass
sorry for not being clear. I wanted to debate against someone who did not think the movies were good. sorry. and thanks for pointing that out. :)
Posted by stoadebater 2 years ago
stoadebater
I'm a little confused grass, what exactly are trying to debate on, Peter Jackson films stick to the story, or they are cool?