The practicability of Youth Offenders should be Imprisoned

(this is for my school debate pls help me, thank you)

1st point It will not reduce crime rates

Alright hope I can help out...

So for starters, children/teenagers are becoming so blindly immature these days it's ridiculous. I think it would be a great idea if youth offenders would get a taste of what will happen when they are older if they continue to offend the law in such ways. It will teach them to grow up, to put it bluntly. There's a saying, 'spare the rod and spoil the child' If people really love their youth, then this law will be put into place to help them the hard way. It's harsh I agree, but necessary in order to straighten out these people's lives.

Ha, quite hard to argue against what I want to argue for

2nd point: They have young minds to put into prison it would violate their human rights. They are innocent.

Saying their minds are too young to be put into prison is a bit futile, because it's not like child prisons are places where you get abused. True, some juvenile courts aren't pleasant, but you are not tortured, so I reckon youth (bearing in mind that the correct definition is "the period of life from puberty to the attainment of full growth; adolescence. ") will be able to withstand a temporary home to teach them a valuable lesson in life.
So you say that it will violate the youths' rights, well the whole argument is '...youth offenders should be imprisoned' so if that's the case then it's not violating their rights because it will be the new law that any youth that offends must be imprisoned.
And for the record, no-one is innocent, even children. For your school work you could, if you want, pull a quote from the bible saying that we are all sinners, and not innocent. :)

3rd point: prison doesnt have education but recreational activities only. They should have education.
There is this 12 year old guy who shoots his uncle and he said he thought it was only a toy. They are young to understand things like this. Have pity for them. They are innocents.
They will rebel if they would be put into prison.
They will be traumatized and will affect their values.

Well they're not going to be in prison forever, especially since they're young (if youth offenders were imprisoned anyway, you'd assume that their time would be shortened). As for the twelve year old, I'm fairly sure that most twelve year olds have enough sense not to do ridiculously stupid things like that, if that's not the case, then they won't get very far in life with those decision making skills, or should I say lack of.
Remember, we are talking about youths here, not 6 year olds.
Again with the 'innocent' thing, I thought I told you already that no-one is innocent; especially a youth, who is at that period in their life where immaturity, cheekiness, the feeling of invincibility and devious plans are all that is in their brains (no offense). A small amount of pity is due to them therefore, as of the amount of trouble and mischief that youths get into, but it certainly isn't going to kill them let alone traumatize them to lock them up for a while to break that rebel inside of everybody.
Posted by Redmoon 2 years ago
nice...he doesn't really say much in his debating I noticed
Posted by funnycn 2 years ago
JK, about the last part. I did beat him in this topic though. Check it out, I won B)
Posted by funnycn 2 years ago
09Galatians. Check my debates, I won in this topic. Don't debate this with him, let him fail his class.
Posted by Redmoon 2 years ago
who are you talking to? me (redmoon) or 09 galatians?
Posted by funnycn 2 years ago
You already debated this with me and I won.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con listed some points, but never really made an actual CASE. Pro responded to all of Con's points. Incidentally, Con, usually there ARE educational resources in juvie. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.