09galatians
Mister_Man

The practicability of Youth Offenders should be Imprisoned

Mister_Man

09galatians

Con

Ist point: If you imprison youth offender they will have no education which is in human rights, and they will more likely to rebel, They have young minds to do such things
ex: a 10 year old guy shoots his uncle and he said he said it was just a toy.
Mister_Man

Pro

First, let's address the definition of youth. According to the UN, youth refers to people aged 15-24 [1]. So unless you don't like that definition, that's what we'll use.

If you're okay with it, we'll change your scenario to a 15 year old guy shoots his uncle, as I wouldn't think a 10 year old should be imprisoned for a mistake.

When people are 15 years old, they have experienced (most likely) elementary school, middle school, and some high school. They have spent approximately ten years in school, interacting with kids their own age, younger than them, and older than them, as well as adults, who are authoritative figures. The adults will (most likely) teach them the difference between right and wrong from when they're much younger.

They also will (probably) know what a gun is, and know the difference between a toy gun and a real gun. If someone holds up a gun that is heavy, mostly metal, has a safety and distinguishable features that show it isn't a toy, they should know (or assume) it is not a toy. I don't like saying this, but common sense plays a big part in these types of scenarios, and by the age of 15, it is safe to assume most people have pretty good common sense.

For someone to pick up a gun and shoot someone while thinking it is a toy is ridiculous and absolutely idiotic. Even if there was zero intent to harm, it is clear that this person is unfit to interact with society, as they lack common sense and basic logic skills.

I would appreciate it if you could give your definition of "imprisoned." Do you mean confined with other people in a prison type place, but with other "youth offenders," up to the age of 24? If so, I would say yes, they should. If you mean locked in a prison with every other type of criminal, no matter how old... I would still say yes, but I'd be hesitant about it.

The bottom line is by the time you're 15 years old, you've experienced enough and have developed your logic enough to know the difference between right and wrong, and also have decent common sense. If you shoot somebody, especially on purpose... but even if it's an accident, there's no reason you shouldn't be punished for being incapable of interacting with society, as you end up killing someone when you do.

I'd like to hear more of your points before I bring up my own, as I will in round 2.

Thanks for challenging me to this debate!

[1] http://www.un.org...
09galatians

Con

09galatians forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Pro

Oh come on.
09galatians

Con

09galatians forfeited this round.
Mister_Man

Pro

Well... thanks.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
Thanks for challenging me to this! I will accept when I have more time, in a day or two. Looking forward to a good debate!
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
09galatiansMister_ManTied
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
09galatiansMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoSUgZpSfag
Vote Placed by Ameliamk1 2 years ago
Ameliamk1
09galatiansMister_ManTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeits.