iconoclast911
Brenavia

The president is in violation of the US Constitution war powers act

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

iconoclast911

Pro

President Obama is in violation of the war powers act, by not allowing Congress, the opportunity to debate and vote on the US military becoming involved in a war with Libya. He says he's getting his orders from the UN, and that our involvement over there right now doesn't constitute a war. I say that Obama is duplicitous, a liar and a war mongering servant of the globalist elite, who seek to bring America to ruin, and to establish a one world government, and a New World Order.
Brenavia

Con

Armed Conflict: A prolonged period of sustained combat involving members of the US Armed Forces against a foreign belligerent. The term connotes more than a military engagement of limited duration or for limited objectives, and involves a significant use of military and civilian forces.

A: Obama is right about NATO/UN
You say that Obama is a liar for saying that he's getting his orders from the U.N. But he is. The U.S. is the biggest contributor to both the UN and NATO, but he doesn't command those troops. Also, the commander in charge of NATO forces is a Canadian, not even an American. UN military is controlled by the UN Security Council. Obama can influence, but he has no final say.

B: Definition of Armed Conflict
The definition I quoted (as provided by Google Definition) states that armed conflict is "combat involving members of the US Armed Forces". As the U.S. is using drones and air strikes to fight the entire conflict, this definition means Obama is not in conflict with WPA.
iconoclast911

Pro

iconoclast911 forfeited this round.
Brenavia

Con

I ask that voters please excuse my opponent's disability to post his arguments. I also ask that voters carry over my previous arguments from my previous round. In respect of my opponent, I will not post any new arguments this round.

I look forward to the next round of debate. Hopefully, my opponent will be able to post his views.
iconoclast911

Pro

iconoclast911 forfeited this round.
Brenavia

Con

Once again, my opponent has forfeited his speech. I urge the oters to vote Con on a forfeit.
Posted by Brenavia 5 years ago
Brenavia
@Silver_Falcon

He may have meant that, but because he didn't specify I'm left to assume what he meant. Also, the small character limit strains my argument length, so I'm fine with making such assmptions.
Posted by CiRrK 5 years ago
CiRrK
@grape: lol. You make me sound awful xD
Posted by Silver_Falcon 5 years ago
Silver_Falcon
"You say that Obama is a liar for saying that he's getting his orders from the U.N."

I think he actualy meant Obama lies in:

"...our involvement over there right now doesn't constitute a war."
Posted by Brenavia 5 years ago
Brenavia
Next time you start a debate, it is advised that you increase the number of characters for an adequate debate. There was much more that I wanted to say, but couldn't because I used every single character.
Posted by LaissezFaire 5 years ago
LaissezFaire
If you're doing a debate on this, you should try to support your case better, rather than just make assertions. I'd recommend reading http://www.tomwoods.com... http://www.tomwoods.com...
Posted by Grape 5 years ago
Grape
CiRrk/Obama Agreement Calculator:

CiRrk will make an exception to his opposition to Obama as long as the president's decision kills at least one child. Otherwise, no dice.

:-P
Posted by CiRrK 5 years ago
CiRrK
mmmm im tempted. Possibly...
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
iconoclast911BrenaviaTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by ApostateAbe 5 years ago
ApostateAbe
iconoclast911BrenaviaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit