The rapper DMX is a good moral role model to the world's youth

First round is for acceptance.

I accept this debate however first of all I would like to add some definitions:

youth: The period between childhood and adult age
moral: Concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.
role model: A person looked to by others as an example to be imitated.

Good luck to my opponent, this should be an interesting debate.

InVinoVeritas forfeited this round.

I will keep this brief, I don't want to put a lot of effort in if my opponent is not going to return to the debate.

Earl Simmons, otherwise known as DMX is a terrible role model for today's youth. I think it's pretty obvious that a man convicted of cocaine possession, driving without a license, possession of a weapon, drink driving, animal cruelty and theft is not a person that you want to idolise or imitate.

Now my opponent may claim that DMX is a good role model because of his conversion to faith. But this just adds even more reason why he should not be looked upon as a good moral example by the worlds youth. The message that this sends to young people is that it doesn't matter if you break the law several times and live a life of crime, without any regard for the rest of society, as long as you then decide to start preaching afterwards.

If this a good message? Do we really want to tell people that they can do whatever they like and then if they decide to study the bible we forget about all the bad things they have done?

The youth of the world are going to grow up to be our next leaders, and humanity definitely needs them to lead us in a new direction, away from the life that we have been living for so long, a life away from violence and crime and begin to start working together to save planet earth. If young people were to idolise DMX and imitate his actions and beliefs, then we would not be able to achieve anything as a society other than higher crime rates and anarchy.

Over to pro, and I hope he returns for the next round.

DMX is an authority on religion, culture, and lastly, morality.

"And I'm gonna be the one behind just to keep you on your toes
I be your extra eyes and hold you down around your foes
I be your extra gun you need me let me know
For my dogs I be the first to **** it back and let it go
They do it for the dough me I do it for the love
You my ***** to the death so I treat you like my blood
If push comes to shove and they try to send you back to the street
I give my last to put you back on your feet, feel me" [1]

DMX fights for his dogs, and his dogs fight for him. He's one altruistic mofo.

Back to Con.

It's good to see my opponent return to the debate however he has made some outlandish claims:

"DMX is an authority on religion, culture, and lastly, morality."

How is a rapper, who has been arrested several times for numerous different crimes an authority on anything other than how to behave like a public nuisance (and maybe how to be a rapper)?

He also provides song lyrics to prove his case, why doesn't really show how DMX is a good moral role model, just that he can right music. However part of the song has to be censored, which means that he must be using fowl language which is not something that young people should be emulating.

Pro has also not offered any rebuttal to my points from the last round meaning that they still stand unrefuted and accepted.

InVinoVeritas forfeited this round.

Sigh, Vote Con
Vote Placed by Smithereens 4 years ago