muslimnomore
Cooldudebro

The raw vegan diet is ideal for a healthy life

Cooldudebro

muslimnomore

Pro

I'll skip the formalities and get straight to the "meat" of it.
Here are the arguments to support my claim:

1. Meat and dairy cause diseases that fruits and vegetables do not.
2. Cooked fruits and vegetables lose vital nutrients when they are broken down during the cooking process.
3. Vegans live longer than vegetarians and omnivorous human beings.
4. Personal testimony: I have lived a 100% raw vegan lifestyle all my life. I am the healthiest person I know. I can do up to 50 push-ups without stopping on a good day. I am very happy and always feel satiated. I never feel hungry. I occasionally eat chicken and beef every day of the week. Also eggs and cookies are an essential part of my diet. However, I do not eat meat, fish or dairy. I do eat ice cream and I enjoy trout and halibut 5 or 6 times a month, but I have never had anything other than these and other fruits and vegetables in my entire life. My favourite raw vegetable is deep dish pizza. I like it baked, but never cooked. I like grilled cheese sandwiches as long as they're not cooked. I have six pack abs and it's a wonderful automatic breaking system. I'm very hot.
Cooldudebro

Con

1.

why is it bad for us and not for animals? I have an instinct to run, but I fight. Animals can not control themselves, but technically, we are in kingdom animilia. This means we are animals so we have a right.

2.

Humans need meat for many reasons. Here is the things vegetarians are doing to themselves when they don't eat meat.

B12

Because this vitamin is mainly found in meat, dairy products and eggs, vegans must get it from other sources such as supplements, fortified breakfast cereals and Marmite. Deficiency can lead to irreversible nervous system damage.

Vitamin D

Our skins make vitamin D when exposed to the sun's ultraviolet rays. But with desk-bound jobs, long winters and unpredictable weather, it is not always possible to get enough. Vitamin D is crucial for bone growth in children, and deficiency can result in rickets. Oily fish is one of the best dietary sources, but vegans can obtain it from fortified breakfast cereals and margarine. People living in Scotland may need to take greater care over vitamin D, as may people from cultures that require them to cover up.

Calcium

Found in dairy products, this is essential for strong bones. It is often lacking in a vegan diet unless taken as supplement.

Iron

Without sufficient iron, vegans and vegetarians can become anaemic. Deficiency can also delay growth in toddlers. Iron is commonly found in meat, but vegetarians can source iron from pulses and leafy green vegetables.

Calories

Although childhood obesity is an issue today, not enough calories can mean children don't grow properly. This can be a problem in high-fibre diets.

Protein

High-biological-value protein is found in meat, fish, eggs and dairy products. Low-biological-value protein is found in nuts, pulses and wholegrains. Separately, the latter don't contain all the essential amino acids, but do when combined correctly. Knowledge of which foods to mix together is therefore crucial.

Minerals
In addition to offering significant protein, meat provides a wide variety of minerals to support the optimal functioning of your cells and tissues. For instance, it is an important source of both iron and zinc. Iron helps carry oxygen to and throughout your tissues, while zinc is required for a strong immune system, wound healing and enzyme activity within your cells. The phosphorus content of meat helps keep your bones strong, the sulfur it contains can be incorporated into new amino acids and the chromium found in meat assists in metabolizing your dietary sugars.

Vitamins
A number of B vitamins are available from the meat you consume. Thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid and biotin help your cells extract energy from the foods you eat each day. Vitamin B-6 keeps your nervous and circulatory systems healthy, and it functions in both protein synthesis and protein metabolism. This vitamin also assists in the absorption of vitamin B-12, another vitamin essential for circulatory and nerve health, as well as energy production. Meat is an especially important source of vitamin B-12, because, unlike other B vitamins, B-12 is not found in any plant-based foods.

Fats
Although you need a limited supply of fats in your diet for good health, the saturated fats found in meat can be detrimental to your well-being. Consuming high levels of saturated fats can increase your risk of atherosclerosis, a condition in which plaque deposits form on the walls of your arteries, and can lead to heart disease. Taking in too many dietary fats, such as from fatty cuts of meat, can result in accumulation of fat stores in and around your organs, causing eventual organ damage. High fat intake can also lead to an increased risk of obesity and diabetes. Selecting lean cuts of meat and trimming off excess fat help minimize the harmful effects of meat while allowing you to benefit from its rich nutrient content.

Supplements. We all know they are nothing like the real thing. we need meat. it supplies us with so much of the vital nutrients we need.

1. http://healthyeating.sfgate.com...
2. http://www.independent.co.uk...

Ladies and gentleman, I have proved that:

The human body needs meat
muslimnomore

Pro

It's funny that such arguments would come from a person who only feeds their dog vegetables.

You use the term "animals" as though all animals are omnivores. Of course, it is a well known fact that most animals are vegans. Take the mighty lion for example. It only eats fresh raw fruits and vegetables such as zebra and buffalo.

Vegetables have all the vitamins and minerals that you've mentioned. Maybe B12 is lacking, but google "durianride" to find oout about vegan B12 supplements. Most human beings, meat-eaters or not, have a B12 deficiency.
Vegetables and fruits are also rich in nutrients that you can never find in meat... such as chicken and beef. You can only find chicken and beef in vegetables and fruits. Cheese is another example of an essential nutrient nowhere to be found in meat and dairy. How can you live a healthy life without cheese?
Cooldudebro

Con

Rebuttal 1:
I feed my dog meat and vegtables and she is stronger than ever. You know, we also eat veggies. It is not like we eat only meat.

Rebuttal 2:

Throw in a lunk for that and I will accept it as fact. Otherwise, I rule it an invalid statement

Rebuttal 3:

Read before you make an assumption. By the way, vegans can't eat cheese. It is a product aof the cow and is strictly forbidden. I eat chesse all the time. My favorite is sharp cheddar. :P You find different forms and bigger quanities in meat. Some which you can not find in veggies. Look at the food pyramid. Meat is on there. This proves meat is essential for a good diet.
muslimnomore

Pro

umm.. cheese comes from orange juice. where do you think it gets its colour? are you dumb?
Cooldudebro

Con

http://m.dummies.com...

Here is where cheese comes from. The opponent has not taken this debate seriously. I have stated all the benefits of eating meat that he can not refute. I have shown that meat is essential for a healthy diet. Thank you.
Posted by muslimnomore 3 years ago
muslimnomore
umm .... vegans don't eat meat. I only eat organic beef and chicken fresh from the tree branches. Cruelty-free.
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Didn't read carefully. Funny, but disappointing
Posted by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
:( I thought muslimnomore was serious for a time...
Posted by TrippyPhilosophy 3 years ago
TrippyPhilosophy
Pro is a vegan who eats eggs and meat?
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
wow
Posted by muslimnomore 3 years ago
muslimnomore
i deeply apologize for my rudeness. I did not realize that you had feelings.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
Muslimno. I could not post and did not know why and so,
I decided for a, polite, request to see if I could find out why.

Your rudeness is noted
Posted by muslimnomore 3 years ago
muslimnomore
duskduskduskduskdusk
Posted by muslimnomore 3 years ago
muslimnomore
Funny, I don't remember asking for your opinion on what you would like to accept and what you would not lie to accept. pwnt!
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 3 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
missed it by THAT much!
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
muslimnomoreCooldudebroTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con clearly made his arguments that Meat is also necessary for healthy diet which were also backed by reliable sources. Cheese comes from orange juice, Not sure what does Pro mean by this.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
muslimnomoreCooldudebroTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think this is needless to say. Pro makes a joke of his own debate by the end of it. His arguments are threadbare and not sourced, his points are often blatantly false, and he wins none of his arguments.