Aceviper2011
daley

The religion Christianity shows, many flaws, in there bibles, also there own god

Aceviper2011

Aceviper2011

Pro

This debate should be interesting, I Aceviper2011 shall give the guidlines of this debate in the first round. Giving my opponent, to show that his religion has no flaws.

Now lets think about Flaws for a second; flaws can mean contradictions; lies; imperfection of there god.

You see many christains believe there book is the word of gods, so everything, the book speaks according to christains are true. So as the debate progresses, my opponent as he is christain, will agree that many christains say there book are truly of gods word.

My opponent, will surely see that what allows this god to exist, what speaks of this god true existance, and thats the book. How do you disprove of something, you attack the roots, if I can show flaws, in the roots of christainity, the book, then that will show there god as a fraud.

Now many christains also believes in creation, for then my opponent will then have to explain how this god, also why this god not only if he created, and exist, earth, but also, venus, mars, jupitar, uranis, comets, astroids, stars, black holes, galaxies, many other planets in this universe.

Since the Christain faith, in a book shows why, and how this god created earth, and sun, and moon. Then my oponent will be pleased to show us, why if this god truly exist, after giving us some knowledge about the creation of earth, why he created all those I mention.

Also many Christians do not believe in evolution, when we are experiencing actual proof of evolution today, actual visual proof, its not from a book.

Also my opponent would gladly like to show us how his christian god is not evil also. How if this god is real, how he is pure, how he loves, and how he cares so much about us. How he heals the sick, how he saves his children if he truly exists. My opponent should not find this debate that difficult to win.

BTW, my opponent has the BoP: and I greatly wish my opponent goodluck.
daley

Con

I believe the burden of proof is on my opponent to show that Christianity has flaws, not the other way around. It is he who needs to first point out the flaws, then let me address them to show that the flaws are not genuine, but only imagined. I would also like to ask how it is possible to prove that something has no flaws before the apparent contradictions, historical inaccuracies, scientific inaccuracies, and so on, are pointed out?

In this debate I don't believe it is even necessary for me to prove that everything in the Bible is the word of God; but rather, is everything in it true? Now since the Bible contains thousands of points, it is up to my opponent to show me which ones are not true so I can address them. Now, if my opponent is asking me r proof that the Bible contains some of God's word, which I believe it does, I can easily show him some fulfilled prophecy.

"Prophecy: Isa. 44:24, 27, 28; 45:1-4: "Jehovah . . . the One saying to the watery deep, "Be evaporated; and all your rivers I shall dry up"; the One saying of Cyrus, "He is my shepherd, and all that I delight in he will completely carry out"; even in my saying of Jerusalem, "She will be rebuilt," and of the temple, "You will have your foundation laid." This is what Jehovah has said to his anointed one, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue before him nations, so that I may ungird even the hips of kings; to open before him the two-leaved doors, so that even the gates will not be shut: "Before you I myself shall go, and the swells of land I shall straighten out. The copper doors I shall break in pieces, and the iron bars I shall cut down. . . . For the sake of my servant Jacob and of Israel my chosen one, I even proceeded to call you by your name."" (Writing by Isaiah was completed by about 732 B.C.E.)

Fulfillment: Cyrus had not been born when the prophecy was written. The Jews were not taken into exile to Babylon until 617-607 B.C.E., and Jerusalem and its temple were not destroyed until 607 B.C.E. In detail the prophecy was fulfilled starting in 539 B.C.E. Cyrus diverted the waters of the Euphrates River into an artificial lake, the river gates of Babylon were carelessly left open during feasting in the city, and Babylon fell to the Medes and Persians under Cyrus. Thereafter, Cyrus liberated the Jewish exiles and sent them back to Jerusalem with instructions to rebuild Jehovah"s temple there."The Encyclopedia Americana (1956), Vol. III, p. 9; Light From the Ancient Past (Princeton, 1959), Jack Finegan, pp. 227-229; "All Scripture Is Inspired of God and Beneficial" (New York, 1983), pp. 282, 284, 295." (Reasoning From the Sciptures)

Why did God create the universe? For us to explore, to investigate, and to be in awe at his wisdom is how he made it. I also believe there is life on other planets, so space isn't really wasted.

As for evolution, the fact is that mutations tend to be more harmful than helpful. No one has ever seen mutation produce anything new. So natural selection has nothing new to select, because mutation doesn't create new information, it only scrambles existing information, and this is the big flaw in evolution.

So until Pro presents his evidence against Christianity, I see nothing left to respond to.
Aceviper2011

Pro

My opponent first paragraph showed me something let me quote what my opponent has said in the first paragraph of round 1: "I believe the burden of proof is on my opponent to show that Christianity has flaws, not the other way around. It is he who needs to first point out the flaws, then let me address them to show that the flaws are not genuine, but only imagined. I would also like to ask how it is possible to prove that something has no flaws before the apparent contradictions, historical inaccuracies, scientific inaccuracies, and so on, are pointed out?"

RE:
See a believer of true faith could point out no flaws, before a flaw is given. As we see from many christians they need non believers of there faith to point out the flaws. Why would they need to be pointed to the flaws, but yet not need of flaws to prove a case. Let me examine that, once a flaw, or contradiction is located in the bible, there counter argument is usually "you do not understand the text of the bible", or "that is some one elses religion", other ways to deflect a flaw, when evidence is right in front of them. We take a look at the Burden of Proof, we all know a christians argument before even said, thats why all christians; if they tend to do there gods work, and save souls for this god, they need to prove first of this god existance, so all the thiest have the burden of proof, regardless what position, con or pro. I debated christians in the past, and right away after I set up the topic, they did not need to be shown contridictions, nor anything from a person who was against it, to prove of this god existance, and to show this so call bible has no lies, they actually had so much faith, they posted even before flaws were spoken, that is strong belief. Now I am not downing my opponent, if he wants to be shown proof, then I will. Let my opponent know though, all contradictions, all failed prophecies, and the lies of the christian god are, I repeat are from christianity bibles, and views. I am not speaking of catholicism, or any other religion but christianity.

RE:
Now let me remind my opponent this is a debate about this christian god existance, and also the flaws of the bible. Now if my opponent wants to throw up a verse in a story of this book, as his claim, then my opponent will need to do much more to prove this christian god exist, and the christian bibles, are not flaw.

Now we shall began the argument; one of the famous arguments christian likes to use, well lets first just say this, any one can make up a prediction, a prophecy. One of the first way, is let an event happen, and write after it, but that does not convince no one, so lets take a closer look at this particular story, I wonder who the true author of this story is, for this story was written by three different people. I will show you a link that will explain, what I mean, so i can get to the flaws, and the failure of the christian god. The link will be at the end of this argument, I advice you to take a look at this before defending it.

Now before we get into flaws, lets talk about evolution, my opponent explains evolution as mutation, for evolution means: evolve through time, development, to change. I wonder if my opponent knows he went through evolution, while in his mother womb. Today main proof of evolution, once one part of evolution is proven, and shown to exist, that means all evolution is proven. Now if some parts of the bible is wrong, by multiple ways, that excludes the existance of god, and this christian religions beliefs.

My opponent needs to understand, when did this christian truly came into existance, well you see as common sense will tell you. The time the christian god came into existance, and plus the teaching of creation came to existance, is when documents became known today as the bible. If man never had, even started writting the books of the bible, then in todays time no one would have learn of this god. For anyone to deny that would only have a closed mind, also if any christian was born in a whole different country, and raised from birth to death, in a different country, all they knew of that country culture, they would believe in the country religion. For example; if one who is a christian, born under asia, born and raised, followed the family culture, as well as there own, budha would be what they believe in.

Key to Evolution; it still happens today as we speak, this holds the physical, and visual proof of the existance of evolution. Evolution is not mutation, evolution is develpment through time, change through out time, evolving, Evolution is also self development also. The key is pregnancy, pregnancy holds the answers, I could go on and explain what I mean, if I will be allowed in my next round, since I am running out of characters to type. So I will have to wait for my next round, given the chance to explain.

I will use up the remaining characters to show proof of flaws, contradictions, and the true christian god, whom christians claim to think he is pure. Also remember when christians talk about the bible, you all claim these are the words of this god. There is no exeptions at all:

The father of Joseph, Mary's husband was Jacob
Matt 1:16
The father of Mary's husband was Heli
Luke 3:23

The infant Christ was taken into Egypt
Matt 2:14,15,19,21,23
The infant Christ was not taken into Egypt
Luke 2:22, 39

. Christ was crucified at the third hour
Mark 15:25
Christ was not crucified until the sixth hour
John 19:14,15

Goliath was slain by Elhanan
2 Sam 21:19 *note, was changed in translation to be
correct. Original manuscript was incorrect>
The brother of Goliath was slain by Elhanan
1 Chron 20:5

. No man is without sin
1 Kings 8:46/ Prov 20:9/ Eccl 7:20/ Rom 3:10
Christians are sinless
1 John 3: 9,6,8

The Earth is to be destroyed
2 Pet 3:10/ Heb 1:11/ Rev 20:11
The Earth is never to be destroyed
Ps 104:5/ Eccl 1:4

Prophecy is sure
2 Pet 1:19
Prophecy is not sure
Jer 18:7-10

Thou shalt not kill
- Exodus 20:13

Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his
side... and slay every man his brother...

- Exodus 32:27

For by grace are ye saved through faith... not of works.
- Ephesians 2:8-9

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by
faith only.

- James 2:24

- Ephesians 2:8-9

faith only.

- James 2:24

The Lord is good to all.
- Psalm 145:6

I make peace and create evil. I the Lord do all these things.
- Isaiah 45:7

With God all things are possible.
- Matthew 29:26

And the Lord was with Judah, and he drove out the inhabitants of
the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the
valley, because they had chariots of iron.

- Judges 1:19

Those that seek me early shall find me.
- Proverbs 8:17

Then shall they call upon me but I will not answer; they shall
seek me early, but shall not find me.

- Proverbs 1:28

God is not a man, that he should lie
- Numbers 23:19

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the
Lord have deceived that prophet.

- Ezekiel 24:9

There is proof of some flaws of the bible, there are many, my next round I shall bring false prophets to play, and explain more about evolution. While my opponent tries to figure out, what his next argument will be, Let my opponent know this is of the christian bibles. not catholics or any other books, just christians books
http://www.evilbible.com...
http://www.cresourcei.org...

daley

Con

daley forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Pro

I extend all arguments. from the past two rounds
daley

Con

daley forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Pro

extend arguments
daley

Con

daley forfeited this round.
Aceviper2011

Pro

Extend all arguments again
daley

Con

daley forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Aceviper2011daleyTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF, but I gave spelling to Con because its their*, not there, in the resolution...