segregory
Mysery

The same sex should be allowed to have a marriage.

Mysery

segregory

Con

The same sex should not be able to marry.
Mysery

Pro

I believe that same-sex marriage should be legal, and I accept this debate.
segregory

Con

It should not even though we have are own decisions to make for ourselves we should not be able to have a cricked marriage. The people should not be gey or les but make it to where it is embarrassing for them. They should not be proud of it but be ashamed of it. And we should not just help them be messed up we should be helping, and letting them marry make it even worse and every single one of them regret it.
Mysery

Pro

You claim that we should ban gay marriage because we shouldn't condone homosexuality; however, you present no proof that being homosexual is actually bad. I'm not going to just accept that statement unless you support it.

You also claim every person in a homosexual marriage regrets it, but that just isn't true. You don't cite any source for the fact. Even if it was true, (which it isn't), wouldn't that be good for you? You want to help people not be gay, so wouldn't letting them do something they regret help with that?

By not allowing homosexual people get married, you discriminate against them. We must work towards equality.
segregory

Con

If geyness takes over than what will be the point of wife. The men will start liking other men. Then the women are left to women. So that would leave the rest of the staight married couple a man and a woman to be laughed at. It will be straght but the people would say something like,"Miss why are you going with that smelly,messy,and germed man when there are women?" Same with men," Why are you going with that brat that wants everything to be perfect and clean? There are men." That is what will happen!
Mysery

Pro

"If geyness takes over than what will be the point of wife." Did you mean "life?" Moving past the multiple errors in that sentence, it follows your earlier claim that being gay is bad. You're yet to prove that. I say it's not bad.

Anyway, this would only happen if being gay was a choice, which it isn't. Even if it was, your argument doesn't make sense. Why are the men converted first? Regardless, even if this somehow happened, I don't think it would be a tragedy. Why do you?

I appreciate your examples of how ridiculous and terrible it sounds to make fun of people for their sexual orientation. Please realize this is pretty much what you're doing by denying homosexual people the right to marriage.
segregory

Con

segregory forfeited this round.
Mysery

Pro

I stand by my argument.
segregory

Con

What is the point of this? Arguing? There is none except for entertainment.
Mysery

Pro

This is debate.org... of course we're arguing for entertainment.

You failed to refute any of my points, so it's obvious that I've won this debate. Vote Pro!
Posted by Mysery 9 months ago
Mysery
@ CatholicKid I'll debate what I can get.
Posted by CatholicKid 9 months ago
CatholicKid
Don't you just hate pitiful debates like this?
Posted by mall 9 months ago
mall
Opens up the door to everything else . All other kinds of marriages for the sake of " love". No matter the times , right and wrong will always have its place .
Posted by zookdook1 9 months ago
zookdook1
Sorry, I think you must have missed the memo:

We're not in the Dark Ages any more.
Vote Placed by Udel 8 months ago
Udel
segregoryMyseryTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con says gays and lesbians should be embarrassed. Pro says Con hasn't proven being gay is bad. Con doesn't prove that people in gay marriages regret it. Pro makes the argument that banning gay marriage is discriminatory. Con suggests wife and husband roles will be gone with gay marriage, which does not address Pro's point on discrimination. Then Con forfeited and was rude which is bad conduct.