Seednip2
Midnight1131

The show "League of super evil" is now forgotten

Midnight1131
Started: 12/28/2015 Category: TV

Seednip2

Pro

This show has clearly no chance of reboots or sequels. It may have a good start and got a lot of attention but it's now in the ashes forever. Presumably, this show is remembered because of this debate. Anyone who wishes to challenge me will be defeated as this is already a fact.
Channel: Cartoon Network, YTV, CBBC, Disney XD

Source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Midnight1131

Con

Since my opponent gave arguments in his opening round I will do the same. First I'll start off with definitions that my opponent failed to provide.

Forget - Fail to Remember

I'll break my case up into two sections

Contention 1: We Remember
It's clear evidence that league of super evil, the TV show, hasn't been forgotten because both me and my opponent haven't not failed to remember it. My opponent remembers it, obviously that's why he started the debate. And I remembered it as well, which is why I took the debate.

Contention 2: Wikipedia
According to the link [1] provided below, close to 1500 people visited the league of super evil wikipedia page. Now we can assume that some may have clicked on it by accident, but it's pretty clear that there are obviously people, likely 1000 of them, who haven't forgotten the show. If they had they wouldn't have been on Wikipedia looking for info about it.

1. http://stats.grok.se...

And that concludes my opening round. I will now toss the ball back to Pro.
Seednip2

Pro

Thanks for joining this debate worthy opponent.

The show itself may haven't been completely forgotten but considering many cartoon shows appearing its safe to say that viewers may forgot this show . Also I admitted that this show isn't completely forgotten because of this debate which makes people remember the show) Once again, many shows are popping out (ex: Gravity Falls , Adventure Time, Steven Universe and many more) even video games popping out will make you forget this show(ex: Until dawn, Last of us and many more) . It can also be said ended shows like Dexter's laboratory ( which has a higher rating ) d. Let me remind you again that there hasn't been any revivals on this show which makes it easier to forget. With time passing by this show no longer has the stage light focused at the show itself. Unless if you're a true and loyal fan checking the wiki everyday and hoping for a sequel which doesn't help the show's popularity at all with people who are focused on other media. However, when haters pick on this show the popularity might increase but negatives the show's reputation.

I also ask you this questions if you don't mind.
1.) Did you remembered this show because of this debate or were you thinking about the show before you have replied to my argument and saw this debate? ( Please be honest in this wet)
2.) Were the views in the League of super evil wiki adds until now? If yes does it add slowly or fastly?

Back to you Con.

Source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
http://watchmojo.com...
http://www.imdb.com...
Midnight1131

Con

First off I'd like to briefly examine what my opponent said. It will not take long.

First off, my opponent pretty much conceded the debate with the following statment.
"The show itself may haven't been completely forgotten"

I ask voters to take this into consideration.

Moving forward, the BOP is in fact on Pro. He must show that no one remembers this TV show, if I can prove that even one person does remember, then the resolution is negated and I will have won the debate. My opponent's entire 2nd round arguments are not really relevant. Because he is still talking about revivals of the show and the show's popularity. This doesn't relate to the resolution at all. In his 2nd round arguments, my opponent hasn't said anything of worth. He is only saying that there will be no sequel, which is irrelevant to the debate.

Now I will answer my opponents questions here.

The fact that I even accepted the debate is a point against my opponent. First off, throughout this debate, it is certain that neither my opponent nor I have forgotten about the show. If we had, we wouldn't have been having this debate. So that's one point that negates my opponents entire resolution. WE haven't forgotten about the show, and we probably won't forget until after this debate has ended. This point alone is enough to award me the win.

I don't know what my opponent means by "adds." But the 1500 views stat that I gave were views over the past month. Again, my opponent has not refuted this point at all throughout this debate. All of those people haven't forgotten about the show. Again, this point alone is enough to award me the win.

I will throw in one more argument before this round ends. There is still a site dedicated to League of Super Evil. The link is as follows.

http://leagueofsuperevil.ytv.com...

Now my opponent will most likely say I can't prove that anyone visits this site, which is true. However I don't have to. The fact that this site is up is again, enough to award me this win. The people who work on and pay for that site, in order for it to stay up, have not forgotten about the show.

The resolution is negated. Vote Con.
Seednip2

Pro

Think about Gravity Falls. Do you know the characters? Have you watched at least one episode of Gravity Falls? Its preety obvious that you do. I can assure you that when Gravity Falls ends in February it will still have a higher reputaion than League of super evil.

I also said in the first round about the show's impossible revival. So it could never air in television again. Do you even think that this show will have a sequel? Some fans has already given up about this revival. I also said the following "It may have a good start and got a lot of attention but it's now in the ashes forever. " So more and more people will find this irrelevant as that's what happens in ended shows. But there will be (ended) shows that have toppled other shows.

If you observed properly in the site you have given . The news was last updated on June 6, 2013. The site wasn't updated ever since. This people who were trying to run the site are wasting their energy. Do you even know how many peoples are trying to "stay up " the site ? Does it even reach 1,000 peoples?

The only reason you remembered this show is because of this debate. If I haven't started this debate you shouldn't have remeberd this show. I know you're focusing in other TV shows and video games. Do you even think parents who did watched the show will tell about the show the first time his / her baby was born? We are now focused on different things that's why some of us finds this show irrelevant.

Without the reminders about this show, we should have forgotten this show. So basically, the peoples who forgotten the show is a majority which makes other people not knowing the show in the first place some must have searched for this show in order to know it. The peoples who remebers the show will obviously deplete.

Vote for Pro!
Midnight1131

Con

This is going to be a pretty short round because again, my opponent hasn't said anything related to the resolution.
First off, my opponent's point about Gravity Falls is worthless. How does this relate to the resolution? The resolution is whether or not anyone remembers League of Super Evil, not what it's reputation is. Remember, I only have to prove that one person remembers the show, which would negate the resolution as the show isn't "forgotten."

After this my opponent talks about the show's revival, and how it won't air a sequel. Again, not relevant to the resolution. Who cares that it won't have a sequel? What matters is whether or not people remember the show, which is the only thing relevant to this debate.

The point of the website I provided is to show that there are people running that website, if there weren't the site wouldn't be up. My entire contention there was that the people who run the website still remember the show, or they're reminded of it every time they have to pay to keep the site going. This contention is enough to win me the debate, because that small group of people who keep the site running still remember the show. My opponent says that I don't know how many people visit the site. That's true. But remember, he hasn't refuted any of my points about the wiki page, which gets 1500 vists per month.

My opponent ends off saying that no one would remember the show without reminders. Again, this doesn't matter. The resolution states "the show League of Super Evil is forgotten," not "the show League of Super Evil is forgotten without reminders." Even if it takes a reminder like this debate, people who read and participate in this debate remember the show. Which again, negates the resolution and is enough to award me the win.

My opponent continues to drop major contentions and displays a misunderstanding of the resolution, Vote Con.
Seednip2

Pro

Seednip2 forfeited this round.
Midnight1131

Con

Extend.

Vote Con.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Seednip2Midnight1131Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff a round, so conduct to Con.
Vote Placed by RNG_REKT 1 year ago
RNG_REKT
Seednip2Midnight1131Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture of the Pro, plus the fact that he didn't address one of the Con points.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
Seednip2Midnight1131Tied