vv0223
Flynn58

The show Spongebob Squarepants is dangerous for children.

vv0223

Pro

Round 1 is acceptance and then the debate will begin!!!!:)
Flynn58

Con

I accept the challenge of debate. I shall debate the con.
vv0223

Pro

The show Spongebob Squarepants is dangerous for children. I will now state my reasons why.
1.) The animation
In Spongebob Squarepants, it is known that the animation moves so fast, that for some children can have seizures because of the animation. These moments are called meth moments and are called that basically because meth addicts see high speed visuals and that is what happens on Spongebob.
2.) It ruins children's' attention span
In a study conducted at The University of Virginia, they chose 60 four year olds and randomly placed them in 3 groups. One group watched a 9 minute clip of Caillou, another watched a 9 minutre clip of Spongebob, and the last group drew pictures instead of watching any television. Immediateley after, the researchers tested the executive function on all the children in the groups.(The executive function is the abilitly to stay on task, not to become distracted and continue to be on task) It turns out, the children in the picture drawing group and the children who watched Caillou scored equally on the test; the children in the Spongebob group scored worse than the two.
3.) Diet
The even more terrible part about watching Spongebob is that it causes children to eat junk food at a rapid rate then watching shows like Veggie Tales or Adventures in Odessey.
Flynn58

Con

None of your so-called arguments are backed up by any research. Please link me to the studies that show these "facts", or we call all disqualify you.
vv0223

Pro

http://christwire.org... is the site that all my info was on :-)
Flynn58

Con

Christwire is not a reliable source. It is written by a fanatical right-wing pundit that commonly bends the truth. Any other sources?
vv0223

Pro

Well I also read http://well.blogs.nytimes.com... and this http://www.starpulse.com... and also heard about this on television. And just to say, I had no idea that my first source was completely unreliable and if I had already known this I would of not have used that as my first source.:-)
Flynn58

Con

Flynn58 forfeited this round.
vv0223

Pro

Okay, well thank you Flynn58 for an interesting argument. Vote Pro.
Flynn58

Con

Flynn58 forfeited this round.
Posted by vv0223 4 years ago
vv0223
Um excuse me socialpinko?
Posted by socialpinko 4 years ago
socialpinko
You know ChristWirse is satirical right?
Posted by bossyburrito 4 years ago
bossyburrito
This is soooo badddddd
Posted by vv0223 4 years ago
vv0223
well ya no durr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Flynn58 4 years ago
Flynn58
I have challenged you!
Posted by Cruxispal 4 years ago
Cruxispal
i would debate this awesome debate accept... im on your side XD
Posted by vv0223 4 years ago
vv0223
Thanks!
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
Such a great debate :D