sethlanders
AimToLose

The show/movie series Jackass is funny

sethlanders

Pro

There's no denying it's really stupid but a lot of that stupid stuff made me laugh hard.
AimToLose

Con

I object that it is merely funny, I propose that it is hilarious, not funny. http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

It makes the viewer very happy, it doesn't necessarily make them amused, it involves pain and anguish and not many people on Earth are heavily sadistic, what's hilarious is how the people keep willingly doing it to themselves, that's the hilarious part of it all. It's not funny, it's (as Pro correctly suggests) stupid.
sethlanders

Pro

Whether it's funny or not is a matter of opinion. Now I get where you're coming from, there is shock value and gross out stuff. However, the satire has a lot of wit beyond the surface. In contrast, look at Tim & Eric. All they do are pointless skits with no heart. Jackass, on the other hand, is doing what they love and has a point behind all their material. There's a deep message about loyalty and the courage to do outrageous stuff. I know I probably can't convince you that it's funny but I thought I'd make that point.
AimToLose

Con

AimToLose forfeited this round.
sethlanders

Pro

sethlanders forfeited this round.
AimToLose

Con

AimToLose forfeited this round.