Circle_Craft
sidewinder

The state of Virginia is the most historical state in the U.S.A.

Circle_Craft
Started: 4/5/2015 Category: Places-Travel

Circle_Craft

Pro

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to this debate. I shall be arguing that the state of Virginia is the most historical state in the U.S. Anyone is welcome to accept, and the debate will follow this format:

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: First arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Closing arguments, rebuttals,and conclusion

Good luck to the person that accepts this debate. I will see you in Round 2!
Circle_Craft

Pro

Right then.

Point #1: It is the site of the 1st permanent English settlement in the U.S.

When the English sailed to the New World in 1589, the colony, Roanoke, was unsuccessful and the entirety of the inhabitants either died or went to live among the Native Americans. The most this venture amounted to was an annoying reason to put a little footnote under anything claiming that Jamestown was the first English settlement.

However, in 1607, John Smith and Christopher Newport sailed to Virginia. They started a settlement called Jamestown, which was a permanent settlement and paved the way for more settlements to come.

While Spain may have settled the southwest first they later gave up all their land to the U.S. We in America are descended from the English and not the Spanish. The fact that the English settled is more important to society as a whole and arguably, more historical.

Point #2: Virginia was the site of many Revolutionary War battlefields and home to the surrender of the British

During the Revolution, Virginia was imperative to the war effort, sending many supplies and soldiers to the army. It was also the home of many battles and the last major battle, Yorktown.

If the British had never surrendered at Yorktown, Virginia, the U.S might not be a separate country today. Virginia is the most historical and influential state on the war for independence.

Point 3: It was the site of the capital of the Confederacy during the Civil War and the site of the most battles during the Civil War

During the Civil War the capital of the Confederacy was Richmond, Virginia. This automatically makes it one of the most historical places and the MOST influential place in the Civil War.

Virginia was also the most battle- ridden location in the war, with 122 battles being fought there, many more than the surrounding states.

The result is that Virginia is the most historical place from the Civil War.

These reasons combined make Virginia the most historical site in America. I can't wait to see what my opponent has to say about his most historical state! :)

(Note: I could not find my VA Studies textbook to cite, so I just put "My VA Studies Textbook instead)

SOURCES:

http://www.nps.gov...

My VA Studies Textbook (Harcourt 5th Grade and 4th Grade)
sidewinder

Con

sidewinder forfeited this round.
Circle_Craft

Pro

Oh dear, I hope this does not turn into an all-round forfeit by Con.

Please actually come up with an argument for yourself next round.
sidewinder

Con

sidewinder forfeited this round.
Circle_Craft

Pro

Well, ladies and gentlemen, Con has simply decided to, instead of debating, forfeit the rounds in which he would make his case.

Con has not done ANYTHING to defend his statement, which leads to an obvious conclusion: vote Pro.
sidewinder

Con

sidewinder forfeited this round.
Posted by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
Virginia is the most historic. I'm biased but from Jamestown to Hampton to all the settlements and historic battles that have taken place here, it's easily the most historic place in America.
Posted by newknight48 2 years ago
newknight48
This masterful debater know as Sir Con has displayed masterful amounts of logic in his arguments. Pro on the other hand has shown immense amounts of fallacies. Nothingness as shown by con is the most historical state of murica.
Posted by Circle_Craft 2 years ago
Circle_Craft
Ugh. Sidewinder simply forfeited all the rounds. Which leads to an obvious conclusion :D
Posted by Buckethead31594 2 years ago
Buckethead31594
I would agree, but I'm a biased Virginian!
Posted by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
The southwest was settled by the Spanish first :P
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
Circle_CraftsidewinderTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and as a native Virginian I thought pro did a great job proving his point.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 2 years ago
Zarroette
Circle_CraftsidewinderTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff