ConserativeDemocrat
Nickkoch101

The story of Noah's Ark is impossible

ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

The point of this debate is to debate whether or not the biblical story of Noah's Ark is possible and justified.
My postion is that Noah's Ark is impossible.

Rules:
1) No trolling or discriminatory language
2) Cite sources
3) Citing a website with sources for it's points will count
4) Forfeiting is illegal unless you warn beforehand that you will forfeit a round
5) Debate Structure
-1 Acceptance
-2 Arguements
-3 Rebbutals
-4 New arguments and rebbutals
-5 Conclusion

Good luck!
Nickkoch101

Con

Many people are familiar with the story of Noah's Ark: A man named Noah who foresees an oncoming flood that will surely wipe out all life. However, he wishes to save all animal species. He does so by constructing a large ship; and Ark, and loads two of every animal species aboard. But how can one man build a vessel of such titanic proportions in just a matter of DAYS, let alone coax all those animals to board without being killed in the process? Because of this, I believe that the story of Noah's Ark is false.

A ship of a size to house two of every species of animal in the world would be as big as the American state of Rhode Island! In addition, Noah would have to first gather a sufficient supply of resources (lumber, lashing, etc.) and then still have to BUILD the actual thing in a week at most. The ship would have to have strong structural integrity, gates/ramps that open and close to let the animals in and out, food for the animals to eat, and no holes/gaps in the ship's hull, for it may sink.

How would Noah get all the animals aboard? He couldn't just simply tell them to. In the story, they knew. But many animals fear human contact, and most likely do not speak English, contrary to the tale. He would need to travel all over the world, capture the animals, and load said creatures into the Ark. He would undoubtedly be attacked by undomesticated/wild animals (i.e. lions, tigers, wolves) who have no desire to be caged. Noah would receive severe bites, lacerations, poison, blindness, and loss of limbs during his expedition. In addition, Noah would require to feed each and every animal, whether it's deer, grass, or fish, which he'll also have to gather.

ONE MAN had to do all this, which would take him several decades to build, harvest, hunt, travel, and capture. It would take an entire civilization to do all this in approximately 10-15 years, covering gathering, travel, and build time. And that is if they do this with HASTE! It's simply not possible to complete such a difficult, laborious, and time-consuming task.

Based on my analysis of Noah's Ark, the story, should it repeat itself, would not be deemed possible. ONE MAN had to do so many great tasks and build an enormous vessel on top of all that, plan its construction, all in a week. Even for the strongest, fastest man on Earth would not be capable to accomplish this. Therefore, the matter of it is, the famed tale of Noah's Ark, is impossible to accomplish.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

Nickoch, you took the position of Con. That means you believe Noah's Ark is true. However, you debated from the point of Pro, therefore you are disqualified. This debate is over and I will forfeit the debate, and con will do the same. You also violated my rule of round one is Acceptance only. I ask that voters vote pro as con violated the rules
Nickkoch101

Con

Nickkoch101 forfeited this round.
ConserativeDemocrat

Pro

Con forfitted this round. Voters, I ask you vote tied but give me the point for conduct
Nickkoch101

Con

Nickkoch101 forfeited this round.
Nickkoch101

Con

Nickkoch101 forfeited this round.
Nickkoch101

Con

Nickkoch101 forfeited this round.
Posted by Blazzered 2 years ago
Blazzered
Shame. This is a good topic for debate.
Posted by psyrus 2 years ago
psyrus
I think it's a hard thing to try and debate because of how theoretical it has to be especially if you try and do it through scientific knowledge. Something so theoretical is impossible to prove, but an argument is fun nonetheless. God can basically do anything, but even so there are so many questions and arguments either way that it is endless. I personally try to take the more mythical stories in the bible with a grain of salt and look at the message of the bible or bible story because I believe that is more important. I'll still follow along though.
Posted by ConserativeDemocrat 2 years ago
ConserativeDemocrat
Why could he not of read the title?
Posted by great-chat 2 years ago
great-chat
this will be an interesting debate, my view is that Noah's flood and ark are possible, and I will enjoying seeing which way this goes.