jhenley9111
Finalfan

The story of Noah's Ark most likely happend

jhenley9111

jhenley9111

Con

A friend dared me to create this debate. I happily agreed. I look forward to my opponent's opening arguments. Best of luck.
Finalfan

Pro

Due to the fact that you are atheism and probably do not believe in Noah's ark. I'm curious as to what arguments you will be using to help me understand the reality of Noah's ark. If you want to take this seriously and do your research to help facilitate a proper debate. I will be more than obliged to entertain you with my arguments against Noah's ark being a part of our natural history! I accept your challenge.. lets see what you got!
jhenley9111

Con

Thank you for excepting. Now lets get on to the debate.

1. The ark was simply not large enough. The book of Genesis clearly states that Noah was commanded to built an ark of gopher wood, smeared inside and out with pitch, with three decks and internal compartments; it will be 300 cubits long (137.16 m, 450 ft), 50 wide (22.86 m, 75 ft), and 30 high (13.716 m, 45 ft); it will have a roof "finished to a cubit upward", and an entrance on the side. That is not enough room to fit every animal on this boat.

2. None of the sea life would have survived the great flood. There would be salt water mixing with fresh, Ph levels would be crazy, and sea pressure would kill most life in the ocean.

3.There scientifically had to be more than two of each species or else there would be server genetic defects. There has to be at least 50 of one species to hold a stable population.

4. There would be no food for the animals once they got off. The herbivores would have no vegetation to eat and the carnivores could not eat anything either. If they did, an entire species would go extinct.

references:

^ Hamilton 1990, p. 279.
Jump up ^ Hamilton 1990, p. 280-282.
^ Jump up to: a b Gooder 2005, p. 38.
^ Jump up to: a b Knight 1990, p. 175-176.
Jump up ^ Kessler & Deurloo 2004, p. 81.
Jump up ^ Bandstra 2009, p. 61, 62.
Jump up ^ Bottero (2001:21"22)
Jump up ^ Hamilton 1990, p. 282.
Jump up ^ McKeown 2008, p. 55.
Jump up ^ Avigdor Nebenzahl, Tiku Bachodesh Shofer: Thoughts for Rosh Hashanah, Feldheim Publishers, 1997, p.208

Noah's Ark found? Not so fast
Latest Ark finding is a fake
Flood of claims for 'Noah's Ark'
Dictionary of the Bible
Wright, George Henry Bateson. Was Israel ever in Egypt? London: Williams & Norgate, 1895.
Finalfan

Pro

Sorry man.. I messed up. I did not look to see if you were pro or con and assumed by the title you were pro. I can in no way defend Noah's ark without saying God's magic did it. It is not logical to believe the story as a literal interpretation of our natural history.. it cannot be done. It does us no favors to assume otherwise! Anyways.. I apologize for ruining this debate I recommend you start a new debate so I do not waste your time! I also recommend you check out my debate in the past where I crushed the Noah's Ark story!
jhenley9111

Con

I'm disappointed that you messed up. I advise you to be careful in the future. Good luck with your up comming debates.
Finalfan

Pro

Message received! Good luck to you sir!
jhenley9111

Con

When it's your turn, just put something random to end this faster
jhenley9111

Con

Finish the sentence: Bacon is...
Finalfan

Pro

not allowed by Jews!
Posted by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
3 things I do not understand about this debate.

1. The topic was very deceiving. I think the next time this debate is presented by jhenley. He should use the topic "Noah's ark did not happen" or something along those lines.

2. How can you win a debate.. when there is no debate? Help me understand why people voted on this flop and seem to miss voting on my debates that actually go full rounds?

3. Con's opening statement was "someone dared me to create this debate: How did you go from that to "I'm very disappointed that you messed this up"?
Posted by Finalfan 3 years ago
Finalfan
Wow.. my bad... you may want to start a new debate. I failed to pay attention to whether you were pro or con and assumed by the title that you were pro Noah's ark. So unless you want to argue on the side of pro.. this debate has been destroyed by yours truly! With regrets!
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
jhenley9111FinalfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession. Pro should have been careful before accepting the debate..
Vote Placed by Defro 3 years ago
Defro
jhenley9111FinalfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: The contender misunderstood the position the Instigator too. Con actually made arguments backed up by his logic, and Pro conceded to Con's statements.