Sk8
Dishoungh

The student should not have to pay for university

Dishoungh

Sk8

Pro

I will reveal my arguement once someone is willing to debate this topic. This is not exactly an open debate. Please comment if you would like to debate this topic. I will choose someone from there.

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2 and 3: Arguments
Round 4: Rebuttals and Closing Paragraph
Dishoungh

Con

I accept. Since Pro’s resolution is not clearly defined, I’m assuming that the resolution states that all students should be able to attend college for free. If that’s the resolution, I will be arguing against that declaration. Also, according to my opponent’s agenda, this round is only acceptance; therefore, I will gladly allow my opponent to specify the resolution and present his initial arguments.

Oops, I am so sorry. I did not read that Pro will choose an opponent from the comment section. I am so dearly sorry for that.

Sk8

Pro

Sk8 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Con

Dishoungh forfeited this round.
Sk8

Pro

Sk8 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Con

Okay, just for the heck of it. Sorry that I forfeited and it's 100% my fault for the forfeiture. Reasons being is I've been experiencing health issues from debating and I can tell, in the future, that debating will be a major distraction because I've been constantly attending into debates. So, I decided to leave. But, don't worry. I will return. I have summer reading (the books aren't too hard) and I have to start on a little science (not too hard either). Also, I have my first ACT test this weekend. So, I'll just make one more argument for now.

Okay, back to the topic at hand, again, Pro's resolution is unclear. It just simply says that students shouldn't pay for school, but there are lots of costs of education such as Room and Board, equipment, dorms, etc. He/She didn't address anything in regards to tuition. So, that's basically my whole argument. I'm starving and I have to go to a meeting.
Sk8

Pro

Sk8 forfeited this round.
Dishoungh

Con

Extend all of my arguments to this round.
Posted by Martley 3 years ago
Martley
Your topic is vague... no education is "free". I assume you mean that the student should not pay for the education, thus shifting the costs to some other source(s). I would like to debate this you but I don't really know exactly what you mean by "free". Without knowing the structure through which you would propose we substitute our current system, I can't form a debate opinion pro or con.
Posted by Lt.Harris 3 years ago
Lt.Harris
I would love to debate this however your debate rules are not defined and I don't want to argue something where you say that if you show a single case where paid university isn't good you win. You are Pro and thus you have the BoP not the opposite. I hope all other debaters realize this as well.
Vote Placed by Themba 3 years ago
Themba
Sk8DishounghTied
Reasons for voting decision: Resolution was unclear and Pro forfeited instead of clarifying. No possible arguments, but conduct points are awarded as the instigator failed to clarify the resolution. You should post whatever conditions you can in the first round, If it's unclear, either discuss it in the comments or reclarify in R2, don't just forfeit and leave your opponent wondering what exactly is going on. Thus, Conduct to Con.