sonofzapp
Tatarize

The suffering of mankind [in this life or the after-life is not the fault of God.

sonofzapp

Pro

Oaky I believe that this topic of debate is pretty self explanitory. Everyday horrible autrocities happen. People are murdered, rapped, robbed, and treated like trash, but God cannot be blammed for these happenings. It is all the doing of man, and whats worse is that lots of people are sent to hell all the time. God cannot be blammed for this either, because that us the fault of that indivisual. Overall we know right from wrong, sometimes we feel as if we cannot help doing the wrong thing when placed in a certian situation, but in most cases we can, we just cannot [or dont want to] see it any other way.

Life is just one big test of endurance. Can you endure the challenges it throws at you, or will you fall victum to life's autrocities? Only God can answer that, but only you can make it happen, and if you happen to fall into the losers bracket, God cannot be blammed, nor the guy that stole your car, or your abusive steapfather[just examples]. ONLY YOU! You, as well as every other human being suffer at the hands of other humans, and weather or not you become like those oppresors is not the decision of God nor the fault of God. IT IS ALL UP TO YOU!

Well, Im done ranting. Im gonna save my real arguments for the debate, but first lemme set down some groundrules.

i. I am a Muslim, as a result I will speak and explain myself from a Muslim POV.. I would greatly appreciate it if the person who ends up being my opponant tries to respect my religion and [if you must] argue against my logic as far as the debate goes rather then my religious views.

ii. Though my opponant my or may not believe in God, I would like him/her to remain respectful of him while speaking.

iii. Overall respect the debate and stay within it's boundaries please and i will respect you.

Thank you. I wish you the best of luck. Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you.
Tatarize

Con

Certainly one could claim that other people are responsible for the bad things that they do to others. Their choices are to murder, rape, rob you and that is why those things happens. What about those things which aren't the product of human will?

About a quarter million people were killed because of the the Boxer Day Tsunami. Are you telling me that the suffering a child ripped from the arms of her mother and drowned in the ocean just to wash ashore a few days later bloated and white is caused by human choices?

----

i. Okay. Muslim is a fine point of view to speak from as it is just as silly and wrong as other religious viewpoints.

ii. I certainly do not believe in God. I don't bother to remain respectful of Santa Claus, Djin, or Fairies as they don't exist. Allah will receive as much respect as the non-existent typically enjoy.

iii. Nothing about respecting the non-existent should reflect on the respect shown to me. I certainly exist. You exist and I'll be as respectful to you as I would be to anyone. However, I don't believe there much need to respect the non-existent.
sonofzapp

Pro

sonofzapp forfeited this round.
Tatarize

Con

sonofzapp

Pro

sonofzapp forfeited this round.
Tatarize

Con

Oh well.

Character Limit. Character Limit. Character Limit. Character Limit. Character Limit. Character Limit.
Posted by evilkillerfiggin 8 years ago
evilkillerfiggin
Actually, everyone hates Ned Flanders. ;p
Posted by sonofzapp 8 years ago
sonofzapp
sorry guys. ive been gone 4 two weeks. BUT IM BACK BABY!!! AND ANYONE WHO WOULD DARE DEFY MY LOGIC IS IN FOR A ASSKICKIN!!! oh yeah and evilkillerfiggin, thank you!!! i hate the steryotypes these other christian and american idiots create for Islamics because of our current situation on the Iraq war. Thats just not fair!!! I mean sh*it!! [God forgive me]the largest concentraition of slavetraders, warcrafters, and conquering bastards were all christians!! but we dont go around steryotyping christians by saying that they are all raping, prejudice, conquering, african hating, jew/hebrew murdering, and native people oppresing *ssholes now do we?!!! NO, instead when somebody says the word christian the first thing that comes to mind is Ned Flanders. [Jesus freak from the Simpsons] In truth the christian sect of God fearing peoples have spilled more blood than any other religious, or warfaring organization on earth!!! and yet the average american christian feels like he can pass judgement on me because Im muslim.
Posted by evilkillerfiggin 8 years ago
evilkillerfiggin
sonofzapp: if you want to repost this, I'd very much like to have a stab at it. I have never debated this sort of stuff with anyone except Christians, and I'm keen to hear a Muslim perspective (as well as to have some stereotypes broken.)
Posted by Rezzealaux 8 years ago
Rezzealaux
"ii. Though my opponant my or may not believe in God, I would like him/her to remain respectful of him while speaking."

One would question how you can logically respect a belief while attacking it at the same time.
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
sonofzappTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by Tatarize 6 years ago
Tatarize
sonofzappTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by resolutionsmasher 7 years ago
resolutionsmasher
sonofzappTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by TheSkeptic 8 years ago
TheSkeptic
sonofzappTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by mjoveny 8 years ago
mjoveny
sonofzappTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by Zerosmelt 8 years ago
Zerosmelt
sonofzappTatarizeTied
Vote Placed by brian_eggleston 8 years ago
brian_eggleston
sonofzappTatarizeTied