The term "hater" is ignorant.

People should refrain from using the word "hater"(someone who hates everything without justification). I myself hate many things, but I am not a hater. I care for the quality of the many aspects of society and I have to make sure people don't slip below these standards. Calling someone a hater to brush away constructive criticism is incredibly mean spirited. If we actually hated you we would let you fail then rub it in your face. We want to see you succeed to the best of your ability. Next time someone "hates" on your post don't be so quick to assume they're trolling and consider that maybe they want to help ensure the quality of what you're doing.

Since my Opponent has not clearly defined the word "hater" or "ignorant", I will do so in my acceptance round.

Hater: to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest

Ignorant: lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned

I look forward to a good debate!

Well than, I guess the real argument here is why 'hater' is used to refute criticism when it is actually complimenting what a real hater is.

Well, you can't really change the definition of the word during this debate.

Although, I understand what you mean, and I will not go on about the definition.

I won't really accuse you of not finding evidence or sources of people calling each other haters ignorantly, but it would be very much appreciated for me to work with further rounds.

I will try to illustrate two situations where this incident may occur.

Situation A:

A person who dislikes the video calls his extreme negative opinion about anything about the video
The people call him hater blindly, without giving further justification.

Well, the people are right, based on the opponent's language or overall comment. If the "hater" choses to further dislike the people around him, then there is not much ignorance involved.

Situation B:

The person includes flaws or personally dislikes the video.

The surrounding people (in their point of view) consider the comment to be hateful, because they are emotionally attached to the video. Although, in a third person point of view this can have some level of ignorance. But since the people are emotionally attached to their opinions, you can't accuse them for being ignorant if you look at from their point of view.

Jjsaro forfeited this round.

Was looking forward to a good debate.

Ah well. I understood what message my opponent was trying to convey. Too bad there wasn't a argument.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture