ADHDavid
Legendary_Houp

The title of this debate has exactly 7 "periods".......

ADHDavid

Con

Serious debate, I will take Con. First round acceptance, the remaining rounds....do whatever you want. BOP (Burden of proof) on Pro.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

I accept the debate, but as Con decided not to take his liberty to define the term "period", I will at this time.

Period: "The point or character (.) used to mark the end of a declarative/imperative sentence, end an abbreviation, etc. A punctuation mark indicating a full stop."
ADHDavid

Con

Thank you for pro's definition, although I do not need to define what "periods" are, as I put the word "periods" in quotation marks, which is talking about "periods" specifically, and not periods, which are punctuation marks. Since I was referring to the word "periods", and there is exactly one "periods", there is not exactly seven "periods". There is exactly one "periods".

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu...
http://www.wikihow.com...
http://writingcenter.unc.edu...
Legendary_Houp

Pro

Well, I knew when I got into this debate that Con would be a tricky little fellow, and quite silly at that, and I applaud thee my dearest friend. That was certainly "clever", hahaha. But voters, please see that my friend here, in not laying out the fact that he was referring to the idea of the term "periods" rather than the period itself, has unfairly prejudiced the voters, and unfairly presented a case that was established for me to lose unwittingly. So for your cunning and deceit, I am humbled, but for your malicious intent and your lack of clearly defining the terms of the debate, thus unfairly causing me to lose, should be just cause for the voters to correctly vote Pro.

Thank you. :)
ADHDavid

Con

I thank Pro for stating that I am a deceitful and tricky fellow. Please keep this in mind when you are voting. Anyway, I extend my arguments, as Pro just begged people to vote for him, and didn't prove that there were 7 "periods" in the title of this debate.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

I think Con misunderstood my intentions, as I was not begging for votes, but merely stating the reasons why I should win this debate, which is essential for the voters to know if they want to vote fairly. Therefore, I also extend
ADHDavid

Con

Con said: "I think Con misunderstood my intentions, as I was not begging for votes, but merely stating the reasons why I should win this debate, which is essential for the voters to know if they want to vote fairly. Therefore, I also extend"

Extend what, exactly?

Pro has yet to provide any proof for his stance on this debate, and has brought forth a question of morals and fairness. While these might be the topics of other debates, it is not the topic of this debate. Pro has not been debating the case they chose to side with, which is "there are 7 "periods" in the title of this debate", and instead says that they should win because I am not being fair, although they are the one that chose to accept the debate and take his stance. If I had forced Pro to do so via violence, blackmail, or slander it would be unmoral and thus unfair. Since I have not done any of those things, and Pro is here on his own free will, I request that they argue for their case next round, as I have done so in my previous rounds; I wanted a debate, not an accusation.

In fact, the only thing worth mentioning that Pro has given for his stance is a definition, which he didn't even bother to source.

http://www.debate.org...

Legendary_Houp

Pro

Legendary_Houp forfeited this round.
ADHDavid

Con

ADHDavid forfeited this round.
Legendary_Houp

Pro

Legendary_Houp forfeited this round.
Posted by iTziPocalyspe 1 year ago
iTziPocalyspe
Good Luck!