BillyTheKids
devin.cooper64

The tree in front of me is not there

devin.cooper64

BillyTheKids

Pro

First Round is for acceptance

2 Round: Opening Argument

3 Round: Rebuttal

4 Round: Closing Argument
devin.cooper64

Con

I accept your preposterous claims that there is no tree in front of you
BillyTheKids

Pro

Well first off I would like to thank the challenger for accepting this argument and say, sir, nice picture of Luffy.

I am going to go out on a "limb" here and say that there is no tree in front of me.

The tree that I see in front of me is just a figment of my imagination that I have created a boundary around. Because I see it my body believes that it can not go through the tree. The tree is just there because my mind has put it there. Therefore the tree is just a figment of my imagination.

Also, we do not know if everyone sees the exact same this all the time, therefor you could be right where I am and see that there is a tree behind me and not in front of me proving that there is no tree in front of me.

All and all there is not a tree in front of me. It is just something that my mind has put there to delude me of my work.
devin.cooper64

Con

The tree you say was formed by your imagination and appears to be realistic is knows as a "Tulpa" a being or object that is materilzed through sheer being alone. A thought that has take physical form [1]

A Tulpa is formed when a individual spends 100+ hours [2] "Talking and fleshing out something to your own subconscious for so long, you start to get answers from it. The answers align themselves with all these preconceived traits you've given them (for the most part). When you talk to your own mind for long enough, it will answer back: this is an accepted fact. The answers you get will show independent sentience. The rest of the time is just building a form in your mind, allowing for deviation of that form, and finally trying to visualize the form and experience it in sensory detail in your own environment until this becomes completely natural" [3]

In order for this tree to be there you would of had to spend 100+ hours mapping out and visilizing the Tulpa Tree without breaking concentration or sleeping, and according to Huffington Post a human can stay away to 5-11 days wide awake without fatal effects [4] 11 x 24 is 264 [5]

Although that gives more then enough time to form a Tulpa, it would be near impossible to form this Tulpa tree without losing concentration, you can experince severe headaches, lightheadness, sore eyes, aliens feelings, and many other things. [6] and if you have ADHD it can be even harder to talk to your Tulpa, even if it is an object, for 1-3 hours a day.

I do believe that is enough proof to show that the tree you are imagining is real due to the fact that you could not imagine that tree in under 5 minutes.

But I will lay one last nail in this coffin, I too can see this tree in front of you, but it has been scientifically proven that two minds cannot precieve same things in the same ways. So if this was a figment then I would not see the tree, yet I can touch it and see it. Therefore the tree it there.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://tulpa.info...;
[3] http://tulpa.info...
[4] http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
[5] https://www.google.com...
[6] http://tulpa.info...

BillyTheKids

Pro

First off, very good argument my friend.

second, sheeeet, I lose, I don't even know what to say...
devin.cooper64

Con

Well since theres really not much to rebuttal except some spelling.
Sh*t*
BillyTheKids

Pro

You done well, but argue with me about anything anime or video games and you will lose!
devin.cooper64

Con

Wow, two of my best topics
bring it on :D
Posted by BillyTheKids 4 years ago
BillyTheKids
Screw you both, im out!
Posted by devin.cooper64 4 years ago
devin.cooper64
@DrHaz3
Ill keep that in mind for closing arguments :3
Posted by DrHaz3 4 years ago
DrHaz3
Interesting route, I would have attacked his qualifications to determine the relativity of the tree in his presumption that it was not there. What scientific studies has he performed on this so called imaginary tree to infact prove that it is not there before him? Does he have a doctorate in the field of tree analysis and classification? Lacking such crucial evidence and qualifications severely hinder his argument and credibility that the tree isn't in fact actually there.
Vote Placed by Daktoria 4 years ago
Daktoria
BillyTheKidsdevin.cooper64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually made a plausible argument. Con goes on about this "Tulpa" explanation with unsubstantiated empirical claims. Yes, there are sources, but no, they don't have proof. The notion of seeing the tree as well is unsubstantiated.
Vote Placed by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
BillyTheKidsdevin.cooper64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited.
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
BillyTheKidsdevin.cooper64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeit and spelled some words wrong.
Vote Placed by twilke 4 years ago
twilke
BillyTheKidsdevin.cooper64Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro didi not rebut.