wierdman
BennyLeo

The two party system is making the united states ungovernable

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

wierdman

Pro

The Debate in general will follow the following format:
Round One: Intro
Round Two: main round
Round three: CX
Round four: rebuttal
Round four: conclusion
BennyLeo

Con

First of all, I would like to thank my opponent for creating this fun debate. I believe that the two-party system makes the US government easier to govern. It shows political views at a glance and groupd similar-minded people together. It also makes voting easier for those who don't follow politics. Therefore, the two-party system is a very good waty to run a govennment. Once again, I thank my opponent for making this debate, and am eagerly waiting for a response.
wierdman

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for accepting this topic.

I will argue that the two party system makes the United States ungovernable. The two party system creates a situation in which one party is always trying o overcome another thus reducing any amount of progress from happening.

Contention One: Progress
the two party system has created this illusion that the United States government is at it best, however; this illusion has proven itself to be false as many Americans finally realize that its government is not making any progress rather it is simply moving backwards. This can be seen in many scenarios such as the unemployment rate within the united states, the increase in excessive governmental spending, as well as the decrease of standard within the school system. All these factors has only supported the idea that the United States is going backwards and if noting is done will crash.
A recent statistic stated that 100,000,000 Americans are worst off than there parents were. As frightening as this may seem, has only given us a means to grasp the idea that the Two party system has decreased progress a within the United States.
BennyLeo

Con

Your argument is ridiculous. Not only do you show no connection between the two party system and the decline in the country's welfare, you provide no sources to support either of these cases. I feel I need to go no further in this debate until you can provide some sources.
wierdman

Pro

Contention One: Progress
source: "The Republican and Democratic parties have divided the American people over fundamental moral values, they have failed to rectify longstanding national problems, and their existence chiefly benefits special interest groups, politicians, and mega-corporate executives. As George Washington wrote, the constant alternation of two parties in the federal government would be a �€œfrightful despotism€

For a number of years now, respected pundits have lauded the American two-party political system as an excellent balance between the dictatorship of a one-party system and the instability of a multi-party system. Yet the two-party system has caused our country great harm. The Republican and Democratic parties have divided the American people over fundamental moral values, they have failed to rectify longstanding national problems, and their existence chiefly benefits special interest groups, politicians, and mega-corporate executives. Most unfortunately of all, however, the two-party setup does not represent the people of the United States" (http://www.intellectualconservative.com...)

Contention two: division
The Two party system was originally created as a tool to support each other in the uprising of the United States, however; we find that this same system has shifted its objectives from upholding democracy, to maintaining its own pride. This new objective has giving no way for compromise. Both parties are unable to support each other and allowed the United States to fall behind in its quest to uphold its pride. This division has also created a situation in which nieghter political parties is able to pass neccesary laws or amendment does creating many conflicts.
BennyLeo

Con

BennyLeo forfeited this round.
wierdman

Pro

wierdman forfeited this round.
BennyLeo

Con

I apologize for my lack of an argument in the third round; I was very sick over the weekend and could not write. I hope the voters do not penalize me for my temporary absence.

However, as Pro has failed to make an argument opposing mine, I maintain the position I have presented in my opening argument. Pro has provided poor sources and has blatantly plagiarized their work. As such, my opening argument stands superior. I wait eagerly for Pro's response.
wierdman

Pro

wierdman forfeited this round.
BennyLeo

Con

I feel no need to state anything I have not already stated, besides Vote Con. I would like to thank Pro for the debate, as abbreviated as it was.
Vote Placed by boredinclass 6 years ago
boredinclass
wierdmanBennyLeoTied
Reasons for voting decision: con doesn't answer pro's arguments effectively, even if he doesn't have a source answer the argument. terrible conduct
Vote Placed by BillBonJovi 6 years ago
BillBonJovi
wierdmanBennyLeoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited less rounds... so he gets my conduct point