theta_pinch
Adam2

The united federation of planets (star trek) would destroy the empire (star wars)

Started: 12/18/2013 Category: Movies

theta_pinch

Pro

The United Federation of Planets would win in a war between them and the empire.
Adam2

Con

Hell no, the Empire has more balls of steel than the freaking United Federation of Planets.
theta_pinch

Pro

The United Federation of planets would defeat the Empire mainly because of torpedoes. In Voyager endgame it shows a new torpedo that the Federation will eventually use: transphasic torpedoes. There are two main things about transphasic torpedoes. First off they are easily created by modifying a photon torpedo; even Voyager could do it in a few hours with their limited resources. Second of all the way they work; 1. a transphasic torpedo is launched. 2. the torpedo phases out of sync with space time so nothing can stop it except for a beam of energy at the phase variance of the torpedo. 3. It reaches its target and detonates. In the 26th century the Federation has Chroniton torpedoes which can only be stopped with shields at a certain frequency and Quantum Singularity torpedoes which from context suggest when detonated they create a quantum singularity better known as a black hole. I have repeatedly read that star wars shields aren't frequency based nor are their turbolasers, which means the Empire cannot defend against them. It has also been shown that for pretty much every Empire vessel hitting it's reactor core will blow it up so the Torpedoes don't even have to be as powerful. Also in the 26th century the Federation has gone far beyond the travel capabilities of the Empire; they can now fold space allowing them to travel anywhere instantaneously, at this point they are exploring other galaxies something the Empire can't do. I contend that since the Empire has no way of defending against torpedoes and no speed advantage they will lose despite superior numbers and greater energy discharges.
Adam2

Con

I beg to differ. In "Star Wars" Darth Vader is hardcore. He makes the crew of "Star Trek" look like wimps in comparison. He rules and gets sh-t done. He has good fighting skills. He's got balls of steel if you ask me. He had a massive empire. Bigger than any Star Trek ship. He will destroy a tiny little Trek ship if you screw around with the empire. Darth Vader is a real gangster.
theta_pinch

Pro

"In "Star Wars" Darth Vader is hardcore. He makes the crew of "Star Trek" look like wimps in comparison."
We are debating who would win in a war between the Federation and the Empire not whose crew is less wimpy.
"He rules and gets sh-t done. He has good fighting skills."

First sentence doesn't matter, he could be a king and it wouldn't make a difference. Second sentence is irrelevent; the fighting skills of a single pilot don't matter. Not even Darth Vader can defeat every starship in starfleet, he's not a one man army.
"He had a massive empire."
I already explained why the Federation would win despite superior numbers.
"Bigger than any Star Trek ship. "
In star trek an X-Wing destroyed the death star which is 160 km wide and the Millenium falcon destroyed the 2nd death star which was 900km wide proving size doesn't matter. Also star trek ships being smallr are much more maneuverable than a Star Destroyer or Death star.
"He will destroy a tiny little Trek ship if you screw around with the empire."
How can he destroy something he can't find or hit. According to most sources themaximum range of the main weapons; the turbolasers, are 24 to 95 kilometers. Above I said that the Federation's top weapon would be torpedoes. The 23rd century version had a range of 300000 km; 3157 times he range of a turbo laser. Thats 300 years before the 26th century and 100 years before the 24th century; it would be crazy to suggest that the range hasn't improved in all of that time. Then there's the Picard maneuver where the ship goes to warp and then stops a short distance away creating a sensor ghost that makes it incredibly difficult to figure out which is the real one. The only way to figure it out is to detect the minute changes in the scarce gases floating around; a task star destroyers and their smaller fighters aren't made for.
"Darth Vader is a real gangster."
We're not debating characters hence this is irrelevent.

Adam2

Con

OK I give up lol
I like Darth Vader and he's more badass. I just don't know how to support it. Oh well. You win :)
theta_pinch

Pro

Con has forfeited. I will make no further arguments.

Adam2

Con

Whatever
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
Also singl pilots don't matter. you can hav the greatest warrior in the univers on your side but if the rest of your army is terrible you won't win.
Posted by theta_pinch 3 years ago
theta_pinch
I suggest you read my argument in the debate; it explains how transphasic torpedoes can blow up the death star. you claim the empire could move the torpedo with a wave of a hamd but luke skywalker sent a proton torpedo down the death star exhaust port and no force user waved their hand and moved it.
Posted by JCG81Baseball 3 years ago
JCG81Baseball
If reality, the Empire would win if they both faced off, since the UFOP doesn't have a Han Solo, or any kind of stand out pilot like Luke Skywalker, I doubt they'd be able to blow up the Death Star, the Death Star could take out entire planets, which is something the UFOP would be terrified of. And congratulations the UFOP has torpedoes! The Empire have the evil force and could move the torpedoes with simply a hand wave by Darth Sidious and or Darth Vader, and all of the underground assassins and Bounty Hunters the Empire would hire, they'd wipe out the UFOP in an instant. So please. Step down Trekkie, Star Wars rules here.