ThePurgingPotato
ScrinTech

The united states and Iraq should settle their differences in a quick scoping match.

ScrinTech

ThePurgingPotato

Pro

Like in CoD. And if someone does a 360 quick scope they should get extra points.
ScrinTech

Con

Ok, I've been taking on way too many debates like this one here.

First off I thought this might not still be an issue however after skimming a certain NYT article I am forced to believe otherwise.

"Iraqi officials declared that they would fight on their own timetable with or without American help"[1]

Well this is against isis which makes their tensions rise steadily into conflict. American's don't like it when others say "No" I'd know this because I myself am an American.

"War is h*ll"

My grandmother told me that irritated after I kept asking what war was like.

It is, War is probably one of the worst things that can possibly happen to anyone that besides being locked up in prison.

Tensions lead to Conflict
Conflict to Violence
Violence to Battles
Battles to Wars
Wars to Literal H*lls

I digress

Unto the point at hand it is unbelievably ridicules that we are even debating this.

The Iraqi and Americans should not settle their differences on a console based game or even any game such as Call of Duty or Battlefield

R1) Using a Video Game as a means of settling conflict would be unprecedented

Let's face it we've all been in some sort of conflict wheter, at home, in public, in the workplace, etc. We've all been involved in some form of tension before that escalates into conflict, that's how it works.

Act Alliance states: "People have different motivations, beliefs, values and goals. Two people can perceive and interpret the same situation very differently." [2]

Which is true, People have hundreds if not thousands of things which motivate them into making radical desicions

So why is this a problem?

This is a problem because as I've stated in my opening statement that tensions will rise and escalate to far worse things quickly. To resolve a conflict in the world in a precedented manner the british have implemented the following methods:
  • peacekeeping: the British army has good and hard-won experience
  • civilian protection: in Colombia the Peace Brigades International teams protect human rights activists
  • arms embargoes or sanctions on areas of conflict, so long as they are made effective
  • incentive schemes to collect weapons: one successful example saw 10,000 weapons handed in El Salvador
  • bringing warlords and paramilitaries under control: in Mozambique the Community of Sant' Egidio, supported by the Vatican, helped to broker a comprehensive peace accord between government and rebels
  • "back channels" diplomacy: individuals working behind the scenes, like "the sustained relationship built up by a British intelligence officer with Libyan officials, leading to an official statement renouncing weapons of mass destruction"
These are all ways that the British Government has taken into initiative to slow the rise of conflict and ultimately prevent war. Onto my next point.[4]

R2) Video Games have a lot of Western Roots and A Video Game can't count for Countless lives lost at War

The rest of the world hasn't been to fond of America, what not with us all acting like Kings and Queens. We almost seem to be a burden on the rest of the world. We've had a pretty violent past with Iraq. I digress. "By the 1960s, millions of Americans had invested in televisions for their homes, but it soon became clear to that this technology could be used for more that passively watching television shows. In 1966, while working for Sanders Associates Inc., engineer Ralph Baer began to investigate how to play games on a television."[3] That's right. In 1966 a man called Ralph Baer did another thing some of us would think to be impossible.

A Script of How this sounds:

America and Iraq: Call of Duty
[America]: Yo! Iraq brother how's it hangin?
[Iraq]: Oh God its you... What do you want? I'm busy burying the 4,489 people you've killed.
[America]: I can't help it if they get killed in the crossfire
[Iraq]: For Godsake what do you want just tell me and then leave i've had enough of you
[America]: Oh man, Don't gotta be like that. I just wanted to see if you wanted to settle our differences with a quickscoping match on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
[Iraq]: Oh so you want me to magically forgive you after all the innocent people you've killed on the sidelines? And you want to then resolve our differences on a game? Is that it?
[America]: Y-Yes?
[Iraq]: I'm done.

[Iraq walks away leaving America alone]
[Fin]

Onto you Pro

[1]: http://www.nytimes.com...
[2]: http://psychosocial.actalliance.org...;
[3]: http://americanhistory.si.edu...;
[4]: http://news.bbc.co.uk...

ThePurgingPotato

Pro

ThePurgingPotato forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

Extend all Arguments
ThePurgingPotato

Pro

ThePurgingPotato forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Con

Ext.

Vote Con -

Reason: Concession of Opponent
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
ThePurgingPotatoScrinTechTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro are you serious! You can't quickscope in real life! Con won immediately.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
ThePurgingPotatoScrinTechTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Zarroette 1 year ago
Zarroette
ThePurgingPotatoScrinTechTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff