Greenwolfdebates
Yep

The universe can not exist without an intelligent designer

Greenwolfdebates

Pro

This debate addresses the topic: The universe can not exist without an intelligent designer. I will argue pro. For me to win, I will have to prove that the universe couldn't exist without an Intelligent designer. For con to win, they will have to prove that the universe can exist without an intelligent designer.

First round: Acceptance
Second round: opening arguments
Third round: rebuttals

I look forward to what should be an interesting debate.
Yep

Con

I accept, but i ask for my opponent to define intelligent designer.
Greenwolfdebates

Pro

Intellegent Designer: A being beyond space and time that is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient who created the universe.

1. In many ways the universe is like a video game.

A. The universe has laws of physics like gravity. In a most third or first person games, there are some lines of codes that create the law of gravity in that game.

B. The games "laws of physics" do not just appear there or have always existed, they have a coder, someone to "write" these laws of physics.

C. A game also has "matter" in a sense, just as the universe.

D. Once again we need a coder to create the "matter" of the game.

E. Since the universe has laws of physics, it needs someone to "write" them, just as a game.

F. Since the universe has matter, it needs someone to create it. Even if you say: Well, it came from a compact ball of energy and matter ect. It is the same thing as saying: Nobody made this game I got it from a zip file. It still needs an initial source.

Therefore the universe can not exist without an intelligent designer.
Yep

Con

First, The Con Case, and I thank my opponent for creating an intellectually stimulating topic.
Con has two BOP according to Pro, Refutations (given) and his own (Universe can exist without an intelligent designer) Con's case will give a theory that supports the universe existing with no "Intelligent designer"

1- The Big Bang Theory- 13.7 Billion years ago, our universe was created from a singularity, before i go any further, what is a singularity?
Singularity- (Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities.") A common misconception of the Big Bang, was the Bang. There was no true explosion, in fact, it was just the singularity constantly expanding, much like the universe does today. An "Intelligent Creator" could create such spectacles without this, this singularity is slowly growing, and unless my opponent stands up here and says we aren't even "Partly through the "Video Game"" I see no way he can refute this argument. Pro needs to prove the Big Bang began by this "Intelligent Creator" with a valid source.

Reasons Theory may be true-
1)We are all certain the universe has a beginnig
2)Galaxies move away from each other at distances relative (or proportional) to one another.
3) The abundance of Elements such as Hydrogen and Helium further boost this theory.

http://big-bang-theory.com...

Sorry but i had to do this in a hurry, I will be gone for 2 days or longer, i apologize. Next round is argumentation i presume.
Greenwolfdebates

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for a well done argument and for accepting this debate. Now I would like to show you that cons argument does not change, if not support my argument.

First of all, the singularity is just like my zip file example, it still needs a source beyond space and time, which can be two things. 1: numbers, or 2:an intelligent designer. Now numbers can't cause anything, they just exist. But if we had an intelligent designer to put them into action they can do a lot.�

As to the big bang theory. When I say an intelligent � �designer created the universe, It still could have done that through an event like the big bang. So all your arguments don't change or support my evidence. �

Thank you for reading this and I hope you find my evidence defends my case.
Yep

Con

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? Pardon my illiteracy, but where exactly is EVIDENCE of an intelligent creator? Pro compared an intelligent designer to the designer of a video game, then extended his argument? Judge here's what your going to vote off of-

1) Sources, Evidence is huge in this debate, i asked for a definition before the debate started, from here we will go to look through sources and factual evidence whether or not a creator may exist. I sited only 1 source, which gives a breakdown of what exactly the big bang theory is. Now, Pro could have easily disputed this (as this was a rushed argument, but...) A) Singularities, pro never explains how This intelligent designer could create a singularity and B) Where exactly does a constant expanding universe tie in with a creator of quote a "Video game designer" that creates a video game, and then begins to mass produce it? Judges, Clearly If the Universe was created by an intelligent designer, it would have been finalized, as all video games are, according to my opponent. The big bang theory immediately disproves this. The Universe has been proven to be constantly expanding, even if you accept other universal theories besides the big bang theory, one thing is for sure. The Universe is constantly expanding, Video games do not constantly "expand", all video games run out sooner or later.

2) "Nobody made this game, I got it from a zip file." That alone disproves his entire theory of an intelligent designer judge. Major contradiction both because it has no source and No one CREATED this game. This game was created on it's own. Now my opponent has suffered from a turn- The Universe was created before an intelligent being, and the intelligent being "just opened it up"

Srry this was rushed vote con
Posted by Greenwolfdebates 5 years ago
Greenwolfdebates
I don't see how the zip file is against my case in any way. It would take even more programing to make a zip, still requiring a designer. And so what, video games may not be the perfect anology to the universe but they can expand. Like updates. Vote pro!
Posted by Greenwolfdebates 5 years ago
Greenwolfdebates
Vote Placed by Lordknukle 5 years ago
Lordknukle
GreenwolfdebatesYepTied
Reasons for voting decision: Argument from both sides were very poor, but pro's argument held some substance. Even though these points are weak against an experienced debater, Con did not adequately perform his duty of rebutting these points.
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 5 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
GreenwolfdebatesYepTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both arguments were poor, but the burden of proof is on PRO. Yep has the burden of rejoiner, which he fulfilled.
Vote Placed by wiploc 5 years ago
wiploc
GreenwolfdebatesYepTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro never showed why his creator needed to be beyond space and time, or why he needed to be intelligent. He made a claim, but he never tried to support it. His theory was no more compelling than, say, "Chickens have fronts and backs, and gizzards in the middle. Cars have fronts and backs too, so cars must have gizzards." Argument from analogy is totally weak. While I believe Con is right, I don't see that he supported his case better. Shared burden of proof. Tie.