Zah
serp888

The universe is and has been ever expanding since the big bang.

Zah

Pro

I believe that universe is ever expanding, and still is. Though I believe there is a higher being watching over us, I think that science is able to explain itself (with evidence) better than just basing any hard or unexplained question to god.

Though I believe that we are here for a purpose, I do not believe we are persuaded by this higher being in every way.... science is the ultimate force of explanation.
serp888

Con

Thanks to pro for supplying this topic of discourse.

Now before i begin, I'd like the audience to acknowledge that pro hasn't sufficiently defined what expanding refers to: does he mean the energy density of the universe, or does he mean the boundaries?. Therefore, I will assume that pro is discussing the boundaries of the universe, or the volume of the universe if you will, since discussing the expansion of energy content in the universe is an undebatable scientific fact--see redshift on wikipedia.

Under this logical assertion, pro has a tremendous burden of proof: he needs to provide evidence that the boundaries of space haven't stopped expanding, that they're not shrinking, or that space couldn't be infinite.
Zah

Pro

Zah forfeited this round.
serp888

Con

serp888 forfeited this round.
Zah

Pro

Zah forfeited this round.
serp888

Con

serp888 forfeited this round.
Zah

Pro

Zah forfeited this round.
serp888

Con

serp888 forfeited this round.
Zah

Pro

Zah forfeited this round.
serp888

Con

serp888 forfeited this round.
Posted by Rational_Thinker9119 3 years ago
Rational_Thinker9119
Nobody with an ounce of intelligence is going to accept the debate. The underlying axiom is The Big Bang happened, which necessitates that the universe is expanding. Whoever accepts this is walking into suicide.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Q: "What is the universe expanding into?"
A: Heat death.
Posted by SimplyE 3 years ago
SimplyE
There isn't really a way to argue this unless you make it into a "Did the Big Bang really happen?" debate.
Rational_Thinker9119
Zah, a singularity is predicted using only general relativity. This ignores quantum mechanics, and inflation implies there was no singularity.
Posted by Zah 3 years ago
Zah
Theory says that what is outside the universal boundary is singularity (what was present before the big bang)
Posted by Rambulet 3 years ago
Rambulet
What is the universe expanding into?