KostasT.1526
backwardseden

The universe needs a creator, therefore God exists

backwardseden has forfeited round #2.

KostasT.1526

Con

Hello
In this debate the topic discussed is whether the universe requires a creator (or rather, a God) or not, on scientific and philosophical terms (mainly the former). Pro is to argue that it does need a creator, while I, Con, will argue that it does not. The burden of proof is therefore shared.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Definitions:

Universe [1]:
[yoo-nuh-vurs]
noun
1. the totality of known or supposed objects and phenomena throughout space; the cosmos; macrocosm.
My source provides more definitions, but that is the one to be debated on.

Creator [2]:
[kree-ey-ter]
noun
1. a person or thing that creates.
2. the Creator, God.

Debate format:
R1. Acceptance and Pro's initial arguments, if they wish so.
R2, R3, R4. No special restrictions.
R5. Only rebuttals and no new arguments or claims which have not been elaborated on during previous rounds. It is suggested that both sides make an objective summary of the debate in the last round.

Regulations:
1. Please, do not forfeit, except if you have an important reason to do so. If that does happen, though, the discussion may continue in a separate debate.
2. No offensive behaviour is allowed, neither on the debate nor on the comment section.
3. Pro may propose a modification to the debate's format or regulations or an alternative definition to the ones provided above up to R2.
4. Both sides are allowed to provide new definitions to support their claims only during R1, R2 and R3.
5. Have fun.

[1]. Dictionary.com, "Universe"
http://www.dictionary.com...
[2]. Dictionary.com, "Creator"
http://www.dictionary.com...
backwardseden

Pro

I'm sorry. My fault. I misread your parameters for the debate. Please cancel this debate and start over. My humblest of apologies. I was wrong. Obviously if you know anything at all about me I would take the Con side in proving that the universe does not in any way require a creator, thus the god according to the bible.
KostasT.1526

Con

Indeed, you were the l last person I expected to accept. Do not worry, I will repost the debate. The only problem is, I am not able to cancel it, hence I believe that either one of us should forfeit, or we can just discuss some random topic.
I do know about you and I am aware of your beliefs. In fact, I agree with you on most religious matters, and that's why I never thought of debating you on such a topic.
Posted by LogicalPen 3 months ago
LogicalPen
True. One of the only problems I have with this website are the update schedules. Still really good though.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
@KostasT.1526 - Yeah its so stupefying that debates cannot be canceled once two people have signed up for it. I thought that there was a magical button that somehow they could. But there are a few things that debate.org needs to get there act together on. So since I screwed up, I will be the one to forfeit, np. Yeah your title got me off guard. And the way you worded things, well that's entirely my problem that I didn't pay proper attention to what you said. So again, that's on me. So please tc and have fun -Michael.
Posted by LogicalPen 3 months ago
LogicalPen
Yeah, I was pretty confused to see this coming from backwardseden.