ruberkadoober
Duncan

The universe of Mass Effect would defeat the universe of Halo in an all out war

ruberkadoober

Pro

First round is acceptance, the rules are that all races excluding the forerunners and protheans will be engaged in this debate. They have met in a galaxy identical to the Milky Way and begin fighting. All of the races from their respective games are unconditionally allied. For example, the flood will be unconditionally allied with the other halo races and will not harm them. The reapers and collectors will be unconditionally allied with the races of mass effect. Let the debating begin!
Duncan

Con

I accept this debate. I have played Mass Effect 3, and most of the Halo series, so I have a firm grasp on both worlds.
ruberkadoober

Pro

ruberkadoober forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

Either my opponent has forgotten about the debate or wishes me to make the first move, I hope that you the voters do not take this forgetfulness into account when making the decision.

Now, the simple difficulty in fighting the Halo Universe is that it is a Universe. Mass Effect takes place in one galaxy, but the Covenant army is massive. The only reason it was defeated was because of the flood parasite, which if aligned with the humans and Covenant, would never have hindered them. The flood are incredibly difficult to eradicate completely, and can take over electronics too, meaning the reapers are fair game. Destroying the host is the only way to kill a flood member, and renders the corpse incapable of being indoctrinated.

But the real force behind the army is the Prometheans, humans digitized by the Composer. They cannot be resurrected, they can teleport and heal themselves, as well as atomize their victims so as no indoctrination can occur. They are not Forerunners themselves, and so remain for the battle. The reapers would be the brunt of the Mass Effect force, and rely on having corpses to inhabit. The prometheans lack corpses, and destroy them too, cancelling the two out.

The flood will be able to destroy the alien races with ease, even taking over ships to attack their home planets. The Covenant and Humans will only have the Geth to deal with, an easy feat for the two combined.

There you go. A full decimation of the Mass Effect Universe. See you next round,

Duncan.
ruberkadoober

Pro

ruberkadoober forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

A shame that my opponent has neglected a second round. I will check the comments should he wish to place his late argument there. My points stand from before.
ruberkadoober

Pro

ruberkadoober forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

A shame that such a promising match never went ahead.
ruberkadoober

Pro

ruberkadoober forfeited this round.
Duncan

Con

I saddens me when my opponents neglect to continue in debate such as these. Such a shame indeed. I personally can't blame them though. The school term is back, so even I've found myself busy.
Posted by Duncan 3 years ago
Duncan
If they're both at full strength, then Shepard is leading the space fleet from the ending of Mass Effect 3, combined with reaper forces, whereas the Chief has the backing of both the Covenant and the Flood. The tech left over would still exist, as the Crucible is of Prothean design, and the Asarian's tech is based off of Prothean design. You can have Javik if you want, and the battlefield will contain Element Zero.

And Master Chief will have the backing of the UNSC and the Covenant before they went to war, but to be fair, not before the Human-Forerunner war, as they had billions of spacecraft back then.
Posted by Aricatos 3 years ago
Aricatos
Query about some things (Perhaps clarify them in the debate?):
Halo:
Forerunner artefacts and such weapons are transferred?
Flood keep their ability to assimilate everything, including AIs and ships? Flood ability to assimilate AI was "proven" in novels in the Halo series. Though you could claim differently ofc.
Both races/factions:
All at "full strength"? Since the current halo universe is one where they're still rebuilding and all that, and I presume it's the same for the Mass Effect one... (Only played ME1, haven't got around to the others yet).

I would love to see the results of this debate :D
Posted by ararmer1919 3 years ago
ararmer1919
If only you were Pro halo. Mass Effect all the way!